Suggestions for TCGO and Forums

sonicking2004

I know that you have a few changes coming with the next update (which I understand is tomorrow) and from what I can see they're all great. I don't know if you already have these ideas implemented in there as well, but if not then could you consider it for the following one? TCGO: Card search filters: I'm pretty sure that, in the past, you had a filter for searching for cards withabilities/PokePowers/ PokeBodies, but that seems to have disappeared in recent updates. Could you PLEASE bring it back? Also, the Full Art filter seems unable to differentiate between normal EX art (which "breaks" outside its box) and actual EX full art. Obviously that needs to be fixed. Improve chat "Mutes" and reporting procedures: Far too often I've encountered a player who was so obnoxious that I wanted to give them a universal "talk to the hand". But while I can currently minimize my chat window so I don't have to read what they're writing, I don't think that they have any way of knowing that I'm not "listening" to what they're spouting off. If a player is being "ignored", then they should know it. If a general "(player name) has disabled game chat." appeared in the opposing player's chat window, then perhaps they might get the idea that they had went too far in their trash talk. Additionally, sending a PM to a player or even reporting them is currently an extremely long and aggravation process, particularly when the player had made his mane using a bunch of random hard-to-remember characters (which I'm convinced they do specifically to make it difficult for them to be reported). What I'm suggesting her is that an option be implemented to click on a player's name in the chat box, upon which you would be given a choice to "Send PM", "Ignore" (for 24 hours), "Block" (permanent until removed by the player who placed it), and of course "Report". Not only would this improve the ease of making sure that certain scoundrels have the appropriate actions taken against them, but it could also reduce the clutter caused by people seeking trades in the general chat rooms. Remove option of trading packs for cards: I cannot stress this enough, the practice of allowing players to trade packs for cards is really removing the fun from this game, particularly since the packs obtained for free in this game are not tradable. That means that if a player wants to get a card from someone who's insisting on a "Packs only" trade, then they have to go out & spend their hard earned cash to buy those packs, then enter the codes and hand them over unopened to the other player. To charge money for cards, that's called extortion, and it's even worse because the cards on the TCGO cannot be used in actual TCG tournaments! My suggestion to end this trend, and to make trades more fair again, is to either remove Pack trading entirely, or to make it so that booster packs can only be traded for other booster packs (i.e. 1 Legendary treasures for 1 HeartGold SoulSilver). Confirm "End Turn": I've lost track of the number of times that I wanted to throw my computer across the room because I accidentally had clicked "End Turn" when I wanted to instead activate an ability or retreat, giving my opponent a free attack that could cost me the game. My suggestion for this is simple; whenever a player still has energy they can attach, trainers they can use, or their active pokémon have actions like attack or retreat that they are able take, then when the player chooses "End Turn" in those circumstances a pop-up window opens pointing out what they could still do and asking them if they really wish to end their turn now. Of course, for more experienced or confident players that option could be disabled in the options menu. Purchase cards and older boosters with Tokens & Gems: since I understand that this next update is the end of the Booster Credit "sunsetting", that would make this the perfect time extend the ability to use tokens to purchase the older boosters, as well as to decks and promo cards that came without code cards to make them available online. Additionally, since you have to use real money to purchase Gems, I think that any cards that are obtained using that method (if it ever gets implemented) should be made tradable. Forums: Search for replies: when you find a thread that you're interested in and post a reply, you often may be interested in what others think of your opinion. However, unless you remember to subscribe to that thread it can be very hard to find the right one again. There are a couple of solutions to that problem. One is to simply add the "replies" option to the forum search. Then you could simply pull up a list of the threads that you had replied to in the past. Another solution is even simpler, though it may take more work to implement. You could take a page from Nintendo's Miiverse and add a notification icon to the forums menu. Whenever someone replies to what you wrote, posts a reply to your thread, or even posts a new reply to a thread you had replied to yourself, the icon would light up and allow you to go directly to those threads. It could even light up a different color if an administrator replies to that thread him/herself. If done up properly, that notification method could even be linked to and show up on the TCGO menu, since they use the same username and password anyway.

Hi SonicKing2004, Thank you for all your effort! It's great to see feedback and suggestions. There are a lot of interesting ideas in here. I'll send this up for review and leave the thread open for further discussion! Thanks again for your dedication and time! ^^

I think you need too add the option to the trade screen too look at just trades that the player can only except agian, it makes it much more troublesum with the way you all made it now

yeah thats one of the most important things, bring the button back. now you have to go through 80 sites of trades every time you look after something. And the Vs Mode isnt working at all.....

One thing to add is that when you go into your deck to search for something and then want to look at your hand or bench, I sometimes click "ok" by mistake without having selected anything because I am trying to go back and forth. This then ends my ability to get what I was wanting and I have just lost my chance to use that item/supporter card.... That is soooo frustrating!!!!

Archived