Vote for BEST DECK IN B & W era

arc7093

Hi guys,since B & W ends now.I am hereby to listed out the famous deck.Pls take part in the voting to draw a beautiful ending for black and white.Deck participate: TDK(Thundurus ex,deoxys ex,plasma kyurem) Darkmare(Darkrai ex with any combination(pls specific in your voting) Virgene (Virizion ex,genenest ex) Rayboar (rayquaza ex and emboar) Keltoise(Blasoise, keldeo ex,black ballista ex) Psychic(Gardevoir,gallade,gothitelle,mew2ex) Stopper(Garbodor,landorus ex,mew2 ex,tornadus ex) Dragonite(Dragonite and garbodor) Snoir (Snorlax and dusknoir) Raykou (raikou ex, rayquaza ex,electross) Flygon (flygon and dusknoir) King empoleon(empoleon and kingdra) Garchamp(Garchomp and altaria) Outrage(White kyurem ex(PS),outrages pkm and reuniclus) I might miss out loads of deck since my knowledge is limited.Please comment if u think of any.Also,please tell us which deck u think will have best future in X and Y. Hope this post may help new players in X and Y.Goodluck guys.Everyone will appreciate for your sharing I believe =)

voting TDK for pre-Plasma Blast and pre-errata timevoting virizion genesect for post Plasma Blast and post-errata timefor best future in XY I think Rayboar has potential.

Dark/garb give me the hardest time. Anything that involve a garb or a gothitelle is a pain in the *rear*. These will continue to give players challenge as the veteran players tend to aim to "control" their opponent rather than controlling the playing field in general (i.e speed set up). Best deck vote - Kel-toise/Black kyurem - manaphy tech. XD have to gun for my favorite deck :D

End of HGSS-On: Speed Darkrai (with Smeargle, Mewtwo EX, Shaymin UL and Junk Arms)..............BW-On: RayEels.........NXD-On: Virizion Genesect......These are the meta decks I personally had the most success with during each respective era.

Currently: ViriGen until they go out of rotation. With the right ViriGen build there's not a single deck now or in the future that will win more than 50% of the time vs it. Mega's will not stand a chance at all unless their unbuffed HP goes above 230, otherwise Genesects catcher power/G-booster + laser with virbank out will take care of it np. Rayboar is too slow to deal with Virigen unless very lucky, and is also easily neutralized due to catcher power. Darkrai Garbo hasn't won a single time vs my ViriGen deck yet and never will because it can't keep up with ViriGens firepower. The hardest deck for ViriGen to play against is probably Empoleon if not running any heals, but I see Empoleon decks taking a hit this coming XY era because they likely won't even be able to pull off a 2 hit KO on a non fire mega while a mega can 1hko an Empoleon. I also predict the use of max potion to go up more, which means even more trouble for empoleon. Including Mega Venusaur might be enough to handle Empoleon decks np already with ViriGen, but this is something that I'd have to test first.

I have the following decks: Darkrai-Sableye-Absol; Virizion-Genesect; Keldeo-Blastoise; Mewtwo-Gardevoir; DragonCall-Altaria. The 2 best are Darkrai and VirGen, if you get virizion at the beginning i would say its the best, but if your lucky with coin flips the best is darkrai-sableye.

I believe garbodor is enough to trouble everyone.Tool scrapper is the only solution and gothitelle disable it.And now we have trevant.OUCH..guess,this defensive team will go as far as they can until more and more non ability ex is invented.Blast/Kel/Black is very strong and common but i don think its yet to be strongest(mayb i didn put in manaphy),however,no doubt its one of the top tier deck in the game so far.One one thing for sure is the new oak letter will make it stronger than ever.non supporter energy search :D

CYMANTEX,sorry i started during PB so i dont know how strong speed darkrai will be..for RAY EELS,i tried myself and they are fairly strong(killing all opponent trump cards before they are ready with raikou ex and sky arrow bridge),Viri Gene deck I believe so far has the most fans especially when catcher needs coin flip.ability of genesect ex is the dominant factor to knockout them(keldeo ex is my favourite choice to attack due to weakness).Besides,viri ex ability also reduce the possibilities to lose by lucks(i.e.asleep,paralyze,burn all coin flip special condition)Last but not least,using it with virbank is a killer matching with g booster plus virbank can knockout maga ex with 1 hit.However,the arise of garbodor puts me in alerts cause rarely a deck will put on 4 tool scrapper and a deck can easily have more pokemon tool than that numbers =)

Ya,many ppl agree with the viri gene i believe but not until they go out of rotation but 50 % is easily achieve of course(a top deck normally should be around 80% i insist :P) I agree 230 can be done with g booster and lasers but do not forget venu mega is also a grass pokemon so many people will match it with viri ex on bench,so maybe we shall see how the story progress.Rayboar deck may stay a chance if they can use their advantage properly.For example,instead of picking rayquaza ex,picking reshiram is enough to knockout vir/gene.However,I know its not fair to consider weakness here but the fact shall not be ignore.(this show picking pokemon of different type is important too)And a good player will not have difficulties in getting emboar on 2nd turn of the game at all(rare candy and heavy ball),well,in overall,virgene is still the most stable deck out there as rayboar deck might be a problem even against weaker deck as they always overkill as u must discard all energy.Same as Black ballista,2different energy for the attcks no longer a problem with oak letters invented.we can ensure to get energy more easily in near future.Empoleon,well,its era is almost over i personally though unless u use it with dusknoir.I have a empoleon deck matching with pichu which is out of format and they actually works great 2gether(too bad not at the right time).Well,regarding max potion,i predict their price will raise to 3 after some time as sr max potion will keep them in format and many energy trance deck(fairy and darkness) or energy dumping deck(blastoise/emboar) will use them for sure.In conclusion,I don think virgene will have problem for now unless weakness only =p

MARKUS,I can see u have many great deck out there as u listed.Another great player in the game.Your darkrai ex combination is strong enough but do u have problem facing vir gene deck?this is because someone mention that his virgene deck has no problem facing darkrai ex deck at all(please look back other thread if u interested).Some players also match darkrai ex with garbodor so the lasers can still work.Lately,YVETAL EX is out with fighting resistance makes darkness deck even stronger now as weakness can be overcome easily.However,please take into account that junk hunt sableye may be roll out of format quite soon so we need to find the replacement for him too as he is the best supporting role in darkrai ex deck so far.I do have a darkrai ex deck too but i match it with hydreigon,its slow thou but getting better turn after turn.

Well,thank you for all the kind players,willing to share your experience and suggestion.Pls do tell us the deck u think will have the best future especially a new idea like mega ex is invented.Untill here, we can see the trend are still surrounding the virgene deck as they have no problem with mega ex deck yet(maybe thats why charizard mega ex is coming soon to be their weakness :( ) Well, I actually realize that a white inferno white kyurem ex can also KO mega ex easily(with or without crystal edge or muscle band) with frozen city and emboar(heavy ball) followed by reuniclus(level ball) easily.Please do not forget,evolving mega ex ends a turn means u have an extra turn to turn around the table.See u guys again until the next guy reply and I apologize for any clash in opinion as it is very subjective sometimes :)

• 2 weeks later...

VirGen, and im gonna be sad to see it die when flashfire comes out. Dont get me wrong, BW had tons of great decks, but I have never seen Grass type EX's like I have in this particular format and the ability that Virizion has just puts it heads and shoulders above the rest imo. my 2nd place vote does go to Blastoise/Keldeo just because of the sheer speed its capable of. its only gonna get better now that XY is out as well.

Honestly here, I think I give "best deck of BW era" to Ian Whiton's Accelgor deck. It was clever, it was unexpected, and who doesn't enjoy being completely and utterly helpless?

Hi Neik,sorry for the late reply.kinda busy to coop with xy lately.Well,back to our main topic,there is no doubt flash fire will affects virgene deck since its their weakness.However,this happens to every deck(since every deck have their own weakness).Although shadow circle is invented but we can actually taking advantage by putting prism or rainbow energy to save our virgene. If you are talking bout mega charizard ex,300 damage makes no different for any cards(OHKO for sure).As for now, virgene is still the one of the dominant forces in the game as mega EX somehow is a bit slow.For the 2nd vote,I will not questioned on it as the votes is personal.However, I would like to ask for your help because i have problem against frozen city with that deck so I would like to ask if u could suggest any solution.TB is good options to counter but frozen can be taken back by shadow triad. After all,thank you my friend :)

Hi Shadow, the accelgor deck is strong sometimes irresistable as it is not very expensive(even if you put tb in).I have not view the full decklist of it yet as I dont know where to find it.But from my experience,players normally match it with either gothitelle/trevenant now or garbodor sr with float stone.either way will have their own way to counter.The only concern of this deck is the damage deal is not high up.However, no doubt this deck leave a big impact to B & W era as even the pokemon community introduce new cards to counter them.(Cassius).Since we are only talking bout B&W era only,I agree and feel grateful for your fresh votes.Lastly thanks for your participation may we meet again in the game. =)

Tdk is quick and strong with solid cycle especially frozen city and shadow triad keeps the playing style alive. However, silver mirror is a killler for plasma deck. Tool scrapper is a solution but if trevenant with silver mirror will make the game from worse to worst. What about deck with best future?May I listen to ur opinion as well? =)

at the moment I think rayboar has quite a bit going for it

1 being virgen's weakness

2 rayquaza ex has the potential to take out even mega exs

3 recent xy cards like proffesor's letter does work in its favor

4 card in the upcoming flashfire also will seem to improve it

only concern i guess is whether rayquaza ex and emboar are staying around for much longer

with any luck it is my understanding that at least dark patch and sableye will be leaving us soon and so I don't think darkrai will be as prominent anymore and from there yveltal will have to find a new home in another deck, which probably won't be hard but at least it won't be with darkrai anymore

hopefully with upcoming stuff like lysandre TDK can make a comeback with some modifications, I didn't feel that it really had its time in the spotlight much because of sableye and the hammers. I'm also wondering if this new XY set would mean that we'll be seeing some team flare pokemon come around and their special team flare synergy, and if so possibly there will be some team flare deck and with it some sort of "golden mirror " that works as team flare version of silver mirror, in which case it makes it harder for people to cover against both teams, therefore allowing plasma to make some sort of comeback.

also seems like TB won't be getting the ban anywhere else other than japan so I would imagine blastoise will continue to do what it does, its just a matter of how bad the inability to OHKO mega exs is going to affect it.

I think virgen could probabaly still hold out to some extent, virizion ex at least will still find many homes in many decks given that its a basic and we now have rainbow. genesect doing OHKO on mega exs is still a bit more possible than with Black Kyurem ex (you'd have to play laser virbank for that), if you play the version that runs deoxys then potentially you could KO with 2 megalo cannons or 1 g booster, as well as the fact that you could potentially still already soften it up with the bench damage of megalo cannon. genesect EX also loves plasma energy so playing plasma frigate with it might be a solution if flash fire does come with some strong fire pokemon.

that's how I see it at least, hard to speculate on the future when you know so little........

In my opinion, The best deck of the BW-PLF Era was Straight Darkrai (Darkrai/Sableye/Absol,) The best deck of NXD-PLB was Darkrai/Garbodor, the best deck of NXD-LTR was Snorlax/Lugia, and NXD-XY is way too early to tell. Also, Straight Darkrai has a solid counter to Genesect/Virizion in the form of Spiritomb LTR, which can stop the G Booster from ever hitting the field. At the moment, my Tier list is as follows:

Tier 1:

RayBoar

Blastoise

Darkrai/Yveltal

Snorlax/Lugia

Tier 2:

Darkgarb/Yveltal

Genesect/Virizion

Trevenant

Ho-Oh

Flareon

But, that's just my opinion.

thx chrono, rayboar deck is getting better as more new cards is introduced. With the new pokemon catcher supporter(forget its name) in the next set,rayquaza ex may start to rules again. As for tdk, its still very strong now,with muscle band,many players start to put lugia ex into it. For your question, I am very sure emboar will stay for very long because of reprint in LT, rayquaza ex i am not sure because its promo may extend its legibility. Ya, I do agree blastoise keldeo ex will continue its domination with tb however, taking account that mega ex is the new faces on trading cards, tb demands somehow may decrease(just prediction because tb end a turn and evolve mega ex ends another turn,ending 2turns is quite costly), Last but not least, back to virgene deck(everyone loves them),besides great ability from virizion ex,gene ex can act as a pokemon catcher in some deck too, so i think their price will decrese but wont go below 6packs until they are out of format. Just my own prediction =)

1st of all, We appreciate for ur opinion and I believe this post may really help many newbies. If I not mistaken, u may be the only one person who consider rayboar deck as tier 1 and virgene deck as tier 2. Well, do u have a rayboar deck as well? I remembered someone say the rayboar deck is too slow so I hope someone can test it out and share their experience with us here .Thank you guys

Archived