I need help with choosing a deck :)

GravityBlurz

Hey there, today is my first day playing Pokemon TCGO. I have been reading the threads about deck construction but I am not sure which deck is the best and only the best. Please help me, I want to start well in this game :D

Thank you very much. All advice is really much appreciated :)

Which type of *decks are you particularly looking to build/buy?

Theme deck

Meta deck

non-ex deck

ex- deck

etc.. :)

If you're looking for the best deck... I dont think many people can answer that for you. I can tell you which deck is currently popular :) if you're interest in that.

would be hard to point out 1 obvious winner for best deck really, but you can look up what's being played in the recent regionals tournaments, have a look and see what decks are winning and then from there decide which you want to go with. since you've just started I think might be worthwhile looking into what cards aare new and what aren't, some decks might be good now but they might be on the way out so by the time u gather all your cards that deck might not be so good anymore.

Thanks for the advice.

What is a Meta deck ? :P

I see many different people talking about their ' good ' decks but there are so many I am doubting whether it is as good as they said it is :/

C_HUYNH1712, what is the most popular deck for a cheap non-ex deck ? :)

Thanks for the advice.

What is a Meta deck ? :P

I see many different people talking about their ' good ' decks but there are so many I am doubting whether it is as good as they said it is :/

C_HUYNH1712, what is the most popular deck for a cheap non-ex deck ? :)

Try:

Empoleon

Garchomp

flygon/dusknoir

Tool drop is a good one (cheap)

sableye/aggron

These are the typical non-ex deck that I see in game. If i remember more I'll let you know

there are threads in the deck construction zone for cheap affordable decks so that's a nice place to start

meta just means what's currently trending, some of the ones I've been hearing:

Blastoise/Black Kyurem ex/Keldeo ex - popular for quite a while now

Virizion/Genesect EX and friends variants - because they came from arecent set and Blastoise is weak to them

Rayquaza ex/emboar - because virizion is weak to them

Lugia ex/snorlax aka Yeti - because we had quite a few plasma expansions and the pokemon company had to create a good plasma combo to sell the plasma expansion

these are just some of the recent meta decks. they are often decided based on what is winning tournaments and what is making it to top 8 or top 16.

and then from there youcan try and be extra creative and go anti-meta. which basicllay means that after analysng all the meta decks at the time, you design a deck that specifically exploits specific weaknesses in the meta decks

Archived