Problem with PTCGO (Authenticating)

CationicWolf

Hello. I've just downloaded the game client and when I type my login details it just says "Authenticating" and then it does nothing else.

I am running the game on Windows 8.1. All of my drivers are up to date. Could someone please help me?

Thanks.

Howdy,

Try starting the game from Refresher.exe. This file can be found in the folder where the game is installed – you can do a search for Pokemon Trading Card Game Online, and you will find it in that folder.

If that doesn't work, go to your Pokemon Trading Card Game Online folder, right click on the file Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe and click on 'Run as administrator'.

Hello. I have tried both methods as you suggested and it still just says authenticating. There is no sign of my PC loading or anything. If I click the "X" to close the screen it always says "The program has stopped responding". I've also tried running the game using both methods and with compatibility. Maybe I should try re-installing it.

I have had the same issue, uninstalling then reinstalling does nothing. Running in compatibility mode does nothing, both methods mentioned above do nothing and I've even tried running it on 3 different OS's to see if that could be the issue. Doesn't work on Win 8, 7 or XP. The download site fail to mention even the slightest system req so I have no idea if it's a video card compatibility issue or a lack of dedicated video memory or anything for that matter. The game doesn't look that demanding but considering this is software you would think sys req's would be an important detail.

Have you checked to make sure that you've got the appropriate ports opened?

There are three ports that must be opened for the game to work: 8181, 5222 and 6967. 6967 is the "gateway" port that the client connects to momentarily to get information on which connection servers are available and their IP addresses. 8181 is the port that client makes a dedicated connection to in order to play the game. 5222 is the port that connects to the chat server.

Adjusting access to these ports is typically controlled by your firewall or anti-virus software. As the exact process varies from software to software, we can't really provide you with a walk through. However, a quick online search for "how do i manually open ports for SOFTWARE NAME?" should help you find the necessary instructions.

Im having the same issue, but in my case i've been playing the game perfectly fine until it froze (i believe it could've been for opening the shop while it was still loading some cards in my collection, after that i had to close the ptcgo window).. since then i've not been able to effectively login, but just holds the "Authenticating..." screen, I've also tryed the new "Play as Guest" option, but it's the same thing, it doesnt seem to be able to go through that "Authenticating..." screen :/

I'll try to open the above mentioned ports atm, and will be back to inform about the problem being solved or not.

Edit: I appologize, i believe i was a bit too impatient as whitin an hour the problem got solved by itself..while i was learning how to open ports, the game which was still in authenticating got to work. Thanks for the help though, bye :)

Hi, i managed to open the ports and i could play yesterday. But today i still have the problem. I cheked and the ports still opened. Now.. whats going on? :(

Yes, same problem... I got this error quite often now after updating to the new patch... Yesterday I could play just fine at certain time only but before that it's also the same with this authenticating problem...

Archived