I cannot access my "packs" section...

Bobobozuki

Please have a look through here and see what may apply to your situation:

.exe has stopped working..

Locate the file Pokémon Trading Card Online.exe. You should be able to find it by searching for "Pokemon" by hitting the Start Button and then typing in the search box.

Once you have located the file, right click on the .exe and go to "Properties" then select the "Compatibility" tab. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for"windows xp (service pack 3)".

Next, under "Privilege Level" check "Run this program as administrator".

Windows 8.1

If you are running Windows 8.1, and have an AMD or nVIDIA graphics card, please try the following as it has helped many other users:

- Open the Control Panel.

- Look for your GC control panel (Nvidia/AMD)

- Open the section to "manage 3D settings"

- At "Select a program to customize" click on the "Add" button and look for the PTCGO launcher.

- At "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program" chose the "High-performance NVIDIA processor"

- "Apply" at the right bottom

http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?38872-A-note-from-the-Dev-team-regarding-Windows-8-1-issues

Intel Graphics Card

Please ensure that you have the newest graphics driver for your card. Visit the Intel Downloads site (easily searched via your favorite search engine); the site has an automatic detection system that you can use if you are not sure what to download.

Can't Connect to Game

There are two ports that must be opened for the game to work: 8181 and 6967. 6967 is the "gateway" port that the client connects to momentarily to get information on which connection servers are available and their IP addresses. 8181 is the port that client makes a dedicated connection to in order to play the game.

Please note that your security settings, anti-virus software or Windows Defender could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it from connecting to the internet. You may want to review the documentation for your security software to find the method for adding the game client to the software's "safe programs" list.

Improve Game Performance

• Ensure that you have the newest video and audio drivers for your system, downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
  • Try lowering your desktop resolution to 1024x768.
  • Once in the game, go to your Settings and change performance to "Fastest" and uncheck the special effect boxes, lower your game resolution to 1024x768.
  • Try switching the game to windowed mode from the in-game Settings.
  • Try running TCGO from the “Refresher” file, which can be found in your “Pokemon Trading Card Game Online” folder.
  • Run a virus / malware scan. From your Windows system accessories run Disk Defragmenter.
  • Before running TCGO, close any unnecessary background programs (web browsers, word processor, etc.).
  • If all else fails, we ask that you try reinstalling the game.

Issue Not Resolved

Please click the link in my signature to submit a Customer Support Ticket; use the "Ask a Question" feature. Please include as much information about the issue as possible. Attach a dxdiag file when submitting your question (ticket).

To send a dxdiag file follow the steps below:

• On your Windows task bar, click Start.
  • Select and press "Run" (if you do not see "Run", hold down the "Windows" button on your keyboard and press "R"). A "Run" window should pop up.
  • In the "Run" window, type "dxdiag" and click "OK". A "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" window should pop up.
  • In the appeared window choose "Save all information".
  • After you've saved the file, please attach it to your reply.

Alright, so here's my "specs":

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.131030-1505)

System Model: Inspiron 3521

BIOS: A05

Processor: Intel® Pentium® CPU 2127U @ 1.90GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3966MB RAM

If I left anything out just tell me and I'll see if I can find it. I've also already turned all of my settings on TCG to "off"; so, there's that.

I am having the same problem.

my stats:

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.131030-1505)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.

System Model: 730U3E/740U3E

BIOS: P03ABW.051.130226.dg

Processor: Intel® Core i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.8GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3980MB RAM

Page File: 4491MB used, 2945MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

** Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

Card name: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics Family

yep, same problem I have had for months now. Windows 8.1 + Intel HD 4000 graphics card. Some other things that may crash your client with these are talking in chat, buying packs, trading.

My Stats:

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHZ (4 Core, 2 logical)

Memory: 6GB

Card name: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics Family

and yes the newest driver (checked just before i posted in fact- the newest one is 11/27 btw)

THIS DONT WORK. I CANT even load the game to the login screen if i launch in admin or xp sp3

I never played a more bugged game ever.

there is so much stuff that is going wrong, you dev must be in stress mode all day

Hello trainers,

If Prof. Jube's suggestions don't seem to be working for you, it may help to submit a ticket to the support team for further investigation. To do so, simply click the link in my signature, log in, and click "Ask a Question". Please include as much detail as possible, including an attachment of your system specs (obtainable via DxDiag for Windows or System Profiler for Mac).

Thanks for your patience and understanding! :)

Archived