In Real Life pokemon card question!

chinimasse

I got myself new cards in real life and i have two questions.

1) I'm using one of Muk's attack. Sludge Drag : Switch the Defending pokemon with 1 of your opponent's benched pokemon. The new pokemon is now confused and poisoned. Who chooses the new defending pokemon? Me or my opponent?

2) After using Muk's attack the defending pokemon was switched with a lillipup. It's confused but can it use it's Draw attack to pick a card from the deck without needing to flip a coin considering it's not technically attacking?

Thanks guys!

Question #1. You indeed get to choose...its states itself telling YOU "switch the defending pokemon with 1 of your opponents benched pokemon.

Question #2. The new defending pokemon is indeed affected by the special conditions. An attack is anything that allows you to take action against your opponents pokemon even if it doesnt do any actual damage. The exception to the rule being Poke-bodies, Poke-powers, and Abilities. So in short even if Lillipup wants to use its "draw", that pokemon would still need to flip heads in order for your opponent to draw that card otherwise Lillipup takes its standard 30 damage. Hope this helps.

Archived