The Community Cup!

jsl333

This tournament has been officially cancelled by the moderation team. The creator of this tournament has 72 hours (4:00PM PST February 1st) to return all "entry fee" packs.

Moderators will be monitoring this thread closely for updates. Thank you for your understanding.

- Prof. Snow

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am intrigued, there are just four things I would like to know.

1) What is the format? modified or unlimited?

2) How does one get that special achievement prize?

3) When will this commence?

4] it one deck only or can we switch decks between matches?

Well if I could get that informtion I'd like to join :)

I would like to enter in the regular contestants line up (bye's are for wimps) and you'll receive my pack as soon as is decided wether the thing is a go or not.

I will enter the tournament, although I would have preferred a Modified format tournament as most players won't have access to that many older cards in particular from pre BLW sets due to how you can no longer redeem codes for them. Will just pay the regular 1 pack seeing as every game is just useful for testing anyway so I'm not fussed for a Round 1 bye. Having said that I won't pay the donation until we have enough players in case we can't have the tournament.

same as me, depends on royalduke questions are answers, I haven't decided I will join or not, also I will not have the bye since I like to battle head on. (feel like everyone's answering the same answer), In addition, If I do like to enter but I wont be entering until at least 8 or more players are entered because I like large tournament an its more of a challenge for me because, I may battle my opponents that I haven't met because it is unknown what is their playing strategy is.

Answers were added to the original post in edits, but in case you missed them:

Unlimited

Starts Monday, January 27th

Decks can be switched unless a match needs to be replayed

Special Achievement award will be explained after all participants have signed up.

Thanks.

Can I join? I havent got a pack right now, but Ill try to get one asap.

Can you maybe just put me "on hold" so that i can join if there is an empty space when i get the pack?

I'd like to join, i can give you my pack for regular contestant position, few days before the 27th. Hopefully things will look good in numbers also.

All the best

Why unlimited? Mod is batter! Just playing whit cards that are on curent format!

I disagree, lets face it, if the thing would be mod everyone would play a deck from the same bunch we Always see:

darkrai variations

virizion variations

Empoleon ""

TDK ''

Big basics ''''

at least this gives the freedom to play some decks that aren't possible in the current format...

(i'm still expecting 90% will play those decks but I can at least play something weird :D)

I disagree, lets face it, if the thing would be mod everyone would play a deck from the same bunch we Always see:

darkrai variations

virizion variations

Empoleon ""

TDK ''

Big basics ''''

at least this gives the freedom to play some decks that aren't possible in the current format...

(i'm still expecting 90% will play those decks but I can at least play something weird :D)

People will play those because they have best chance of wining whit them... You can make crazy decks whit unlimited/modified cards. I still don't like unlimited torunaments. Let those cards go!

People will play those because they have best chance of wining whit them... You can make crazy decks whit unlimited/modified cards. I still don't like unlimited torunaments. Let those cards go!

yes thats the problem, if those decks are the only once that have a shot at winning, why not just flip a coin... i mean we all more or lesknow the odds of all these deck playing each other, big basics may havethe edge over darkrai, darkrai over tdk and so on.

In unlimited you have way more combo's and that ensures that there isn't just a hand full of decks that is dominant...

It makes for more variation and thus more fun playing...

So I say: let modified drift away, welcome unlimited and thank what ever entity you pray to fo diversity

yes thats the problem, if those decks are the only once that have a shot at winning, why not just flip a coin... i mean we all more or lesknow the odds of all these deck playing each other, big basics may havethe edge over darkrai, darkrai over tdk and so on.

In unlimited you have way more combo's and that ensures that there isn't just a hand full of decks that is dominant...

It makes for more variation and thus more fun playing...

So I say: let modified drift away, welcome unlimited and thank what ever entity you pray to fo diversity

You can always play something different to counter those decks. Like I said, whit unlimited there's a lot of crazy deck builds which if they sets up you can't do anything... I'll probable play because prizes are nice but now I need to think about some crazy deck builds :P

Seems too good to be true!! :)

I'd like to take a chance though, I have sent you 3 packs via trade for 1st round bye registration. Thanks very much!

DD

Archived