January 2014 Community Update - Discussion Thread

TPCi_Mathis

Overall it looks fine. Not sure I like the visual but the angle change was a nice improvement. I have seen tcg's with a variable angle option but that's not necessary if the fixed angle is decent. The problem I have is the hand. Don't like how your cards are layed on the table. Seems more like a hand of actual cards when they're 'floating' closer up(like now), even if they don't overlap like a real hand of cards would. That's fine though; how it is currently is a nice balance between realism and practicality.

I'm not quite clear on how the top-right tabs will interact but I would like to inquire about the play record specifically. I think it should be improved internally, at least, if that's not already on the 'to-do' list. What I mean is when you draw multiple cards it should simply state 'Bob drew 7 cards' rather then 'Bob drew a card' seven times. For your own cards it should just list the cards in a single text box when they're drawn simultaneously. Another example would be when I activate Crushing Hammer it should just say "Ninetyninetails activated Crushing Hammer for 'Heads'" Rather than listing coin flips separately. Just so many ways it could be made more concise.

The time count move is convenient, though I'd also like to see it highlight the turn players avatar border/tile or field somehow.

I think the new UI for the play field is very impressive, though the only concern I have is the same one Ninetails pointed out.

When your hand is displayed flat on the table, it doesn't seem as visually appealing as when it's displayed vertically in front of you. In fact, it almost gives the impression that your opponent can see your cards, like with every other card that's face-up in the middle of the field. The other issue has to do with scrolling, if you have more than 7 cards in your hand. I can only imagine it becoming a major pain if you have to click a left or right arrow to scroll through the cards in your hand, all because there are only 7 spots for display on the actual field itself.

hmm...as long as cards become a bit easier to obtain, I am cool with an update.

* updating the trade mechanic would also be awesome *

really looking forward to the next update...I hope the new story mode follows the new "modified" rules.

Well of course Prof_Mathis every update is a pretty interesting!! Usually i only hate the fact that almost for every update dev team decide usually to remove some old things giving that's way many disadvantages often to new users!! Well i guess dev team have reasons everytime they actually remove old decks themes,booster packs or avatar items sometimes for example!!

• 2 weeks later...

The tournaments mr Pinley going to be available when dev team decide to add this feature!! Unfortunately i not hear anything yet for tournaments and i don't even know what kind of modes(unlimited,modified and theme decks) or rewards the tournaments have or if someone are able to unlock a key for tournament for free or not!!

I'm a little uneasy about it, considering what happened the last time two updates were combined together into a single build release... it resulted in an extended unscheduled game maintenance due to unforeseen glitches...

Hoping it'll work out better this time though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

To me the changes are a great disappointment. The highlighting is less clear. Most of the players I played against made very few comments in the game, but now it will be none. I am not going to repeatedly check to see if my opponent said anything, because the message box is massively over sized and blocks the view of the game. So I'm never going to bother to open it. Comments from the opponent are sparse, but they do make the game more friendly.You can get yourself in a situation where the OK button is hidden, with no indication of why the game is stalled.You still can't see what energy is under your opponent's pokemon so you can't easilly calculate if Leafeon's attack will give you a knockout.I am sad.

Archived