Consistently Crashing

KimiNephilim

Ok now im starting to have a huge problem. After just about anything i do the game will just crash without warning or anything of the sort. I've attempted re-installing, restarting, and updating my drivers to no avail... I just started playing the game today and it seemed like a lot of fun, but i can't DO ANYTHING. Is anyone else having this issue????????

I just downloaded the game today too. I just switched from a mac to a PC hoping that I will finally be able to play this game again but my game keeps crashing after a few minutes of me doing anything! I am running windows 8.1 with an intel core i7. My parts should be able to run this game but it is so buggy!

im having the same problem but it won't even start up the game for me before crashing..... i also uninstalled and reinstalled and no change

I am on Windows 7 and the game has started this random crashing on me as well recently. It sometimes even causes my pc to blue screen and crashes it!! I sure hope the update at the end of the month fixes a lot of this...

Holy smokes, too many different OS, too much information to compute! ;)

Okay, let's try it like this...

Windows 8.1 Issues (NVIDIA / AMD Users)

Please try the following, as it has helped many users:

- Open the Control Panel.

- Look for your GC control panel (Nvidia/AMD)

- Open the section to "manage 3D settings"

- At "Select a program to customize" click on the "Add" button and look for the PTCGO launcher.

- At "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program" chose the "High-performance NVIDIA processor"

- "Apply" at the right bottom

http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?38872-A-note-from-the-Dev-team-regarding-Windows-8-1-issues

Mac Issue - Game Won't Load

1. Open Finder

2. Hold down the Option key while clicking Go on the menu bar

3. Click on 'Library

4. Locate the folder "Saved Application State" and open the folder

5. See if there is a .savedState file for Pokemon TCGO, if so -- delete it.

Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 Crashing

• Ensure that you have the newest video and audio drivers for your system, downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
  • Try lowering your desktop resolution to 1024x768.
  • If you are crashing at resource intensive areas of the game (like looking at your collection), once in the game, go to your Settings and change performance to "Fastest", lower your game resolution to 1024x768, then untick all of the special effects boxes. See if this allows you to access the area that you are crashing in. If it does resolve the issue, you can try adding back what you removed, one option at a time, to see if you can isolate the issue.
  • Try switching the game to windowed mode from the in-game Settings.
  • Try running TCGO from the “Refresher” file, which can be found in your “Pokemon Trading Card Game Online” folder.
  • Run a virus / malware scan. From your Windows system accessories run Disk Defragmenter.
  • Before running TCGO, close any unnecessary background programs (web browsers, word processor, etc.).
  • If all else fails, we ask that you try reinstalling the game.

Please note that if you are receiving any error messages, that is always helpful information to note.

If the information above didn't help, please feel free to submit a Customer Support ticket by clicking on the link in my signature and using the "Ask a Question" feature.

Hi tkdvenom,

Can you explain the issue in more detail? Win? Mac? OS? Where is the game crashing? Are you receiving any error messages?

Windows 8.1 the game crashes at different points. Its crashed while I was looking at the theme decks and booster packs in the shop section. It also crashed while I was customizing my avatar, and during an actual match the longest I've only been able to make it to is about quarter way. The same message every time Pokemon Online Trading Card Game has stopped working.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed the game and am experiencing the crashes. I am on windows 8 with a 2 gig graphics card and all the bells and whistles. It instantly crashed when I go to look at the booster packs I just put the codes in for. It also crashed in the card game part after a few turns. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Intel Graphics?

Seems we have a lot of Intel crashers right now. :(

If you have Intel graphics, please make sure that you have the newest update for your graphics card. The Intel Downloads site has an automatic detection system if you are not sure which driver you need.

If you look in your TCGO directory, you may be able to find an error.log file. If you open it, chances are that you will see the following error:

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.1.3f3_9174d583c97b] igdumdim32.dll caused an Integer Divide by Zero (0xc0000094) in module igdumdim32.dll at 0023:62db7bf8.

The file "igdumdim32.dll" is used by Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows. This could be a registry issue, but typically, updating your graphics driver, or reinstalling it, will fix the issue. The error as listed above can cause program lock-ups, slow PC performance, freezes and blue screen errors.

Unfortunately, there is no official fix at this time. However, some have reported that uninstalling and reinstalling their graphics driver has fixed the problem. That's what I would recommend doing at this time.

Archived