Flare Navigate

Trakyan

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or me just not quite understanding the wording of the card...

This one is about Chandelure from Plasma Freeze's 'Flare Navigate' (Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for a Fire Energy card and attach it to 1 of your Pokémon. If you do, put 1 damage counter on that Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterward.) ability which allows you to search your deck for a fire energy and attach it to one of your pokemon. The wording is somewhat different to other cards which involve energy acceleration like eelektrik since it doesn't specify it being a basic energy, because of this I thought you'd be able to search out things like Blend Energy Grass/Fire/Psychic/Dark or Rainbow Energy since they are technically fire energy, just 'special' ones. However when I tested it with the Blend Energy, it didn't let me search it out with flare navigate.

There might be some other similar cards which could be affected that I can't think of off the top of my head, maybe Typhlosion Prime. Cards which shift energy but don't specify that it must be basic could be affected by this, too, like Hydreigon with 'Dark Trance' or Klingklang with 'Shift Gear' could be affected, the same with the upcoming Aromatisse Card with the Fairy equivalent.

Also, this could extend to some attacks, like Shaymin EX's 'Synthesis' attack (Search your deck for a Grass Energy card and attach it to 1 of your Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterward.) which have similar wordings, though I haven't been able to test.

Could someone just clarify if this is actually a glitch or my misunderstanding of the card?

Thanks!

just follow the description mention on the cards. I'd copy and paste the description but the energy turn everything into jibberish

before the card is attached to a pokemon, it provides colorless energy, therefore you can't obtain it via flare navigate.

Klinklang and hydreigon deal with energy already attached to pokemon so it works for them

Hello trainers,

As this is not a bug, I'll be closing this thread. If you come across any other bugs to report, please create a new thread.

Thanks for playing! :)

Archived