Several issues noted since last patch update:

Velvetlotus

This is really bad. Since the last patch, the game crashes more and even worse, has been known to crash my computer so bad I have to switch the power off before I can do anything, sometimes from the wall.

I have 4g memory running windows 8.1, 80g hard drive space.

The next issue is being paired with someone to play - I can be waiting more than 10 minutes for a game - no idea what is going on here.

Lastly, I'm generally a friendly person - a few people I wanted to add as friends after a game have somewhat vanished from existence - when I try to add them, they're not in the search. This presents two problems: I can't add people to ignore either. Some are mouthy in a game because they know they can get away with it. Yes I could switch off my chat, but there have been issues with gameplay with it being closed. Plus it's nice to be social, I like giving new people pointers for deck building or trading them cards you have loads of and know they need.

I can be waiting more than 10 minutes for a game - no idea what is going on here.

Try to click again or multiple times on "PLAY NOW" untill "Searching for available opponents" instead of "Searching for available games" appears.

a few people I wanted to add as friends after a game have somewhat vanished from existence - when I try to add them, they're not in the search

I have that problem too. I like to add new players to my friend-list to help them, but on a regular basis they do indeed not appear in the list.

This is what I do if they do not appear in the search box:

1. Open all lobbies (there are five of them) in chat.

(because in most cases your opponent is not in the same lobby as you.)

2. Click each lobby and search for the name in the add friend box (one lobby at a time).

3. This sometimes work for me.

Hello trainer,

Regarding crashing, Windows 8.1 users should read through this thread and this announcement for instructions on how to proceed.

Regarding slow matchmaking, we have found that this issue generally fixes itself when you cancel the request and click the Play Now button again. If this is not the case and you continue to experience matchmaking delays regularly, we recommend fully uninstalling the game. After you have removed all related files and folders from your computer, grab the latest version of the installer from http://www.pokemontcg.com/download. Good luck!

And regarding user search, I have escalated this to the Dev team for investigation. In the mean time, I'll be closing this thread. If you come across any other bugs, please create a new thread.

Thanks for your reports and your patience! :)

Archived