Reactive damage?

chronophysicist

I attacked with my Plasa Seismitoad's Splashing Turn attack, opponent had a Sigilyph with a Rock Guard on it, after splashing turn, I switched in my Wailord, and my Wailord ended up taking the 60 damage from the Rock Guard.

Refresher on Rock Guard description:

If the Pokémon this card is attached to is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if that Pokémon is Knocked Out), put 6 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon.

so I believe the 60 damage have went on the Seismitoad rather than the Wailord since Seismitoad is the Attacking Pokemon.

and just to extrapolate from this I think we can infere that other reactive effects such as this would also have this same issue.

Rocky Helmet:

If the Pokémon this card is attached to is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if that Pokémon is Knocked Out), put 2 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon.

Lucario's Reflexive Retaliation:

If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), put 2 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon.

Druddigon's Rough Skin:

If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), put 2 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon.

If there are any other cards with effects such as this I imagine that they are all affected by this as well.

So far, I've only noticed this with Palkia-EX's Strafe attack. The defending Pokemon has a Rocky Helmet attached to it. I attack with Palkia-EX's Strafe attack and switch it back to the bench, but the damage is placed on the new active instead of the attacking Palkia-EX.

Hello trainers,

I've been able to reproduce all situations posed in this thread and will be submitting my findings to the Dev team for investigation. I'll be closing your thread in the meantime. If you have any other bugs to report, please create a new thread.

Once again, we absolutely appreciate your detailed reports! :)

Archived