Multiple crashes; various causes?

Rikolos

I recently started playing PTCGO again, and as with every update I have to uninstall the game and reinstall it, because the updater never finishes and just does nothing endlessly.

However, I've never actually experienced any crashes in the entire time I used to play...until now.

I don't know whether these are the "causes" for the crashes, but whenever I try to look at my packs the game will 'stop working', it also occurs multiple times while starting a PvP match. It crashes EVERY time I try to look at my packs but rarely I manage to start and finish a PvP match without the game crashing.

Is anyone else experiencing these crashes? I've tried reinstalling it but the crashes remain.

If you are running Windows 8.1 with an AMD or nVIDIA card, please try the following as it has helped other users:

- Open the Control Panel.

- Look for your GC control panel (Nvidia/AMD)

- Open the section to "manage 3D settings"

- At "Select a program to customize" click on the "Add" button and look for the PTCGO launcher.

- At "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program" chose the "High-performance NVIDIA processor"

- "Apply" at the right bottom

http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?38872-A-note-from-the-Dev-team-regarding-Windows-8-1-issues

Some things that you can try include:

• Download and reinstall the game.
  • Ensure that you have the newest video and audio drivers for your system, downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
  • Try lowering your desktop resolution to 1024x768.
  • Once in the game, go to your Settings and change performance to "Fastest", lower your game resolution to 1024x768.
  • Try switching the game to windowed mode from the in-game Settings.
  • Try running TCGO from the “Refresher” file, which can be found in your “Pokemon Trading Card Game Online” folder.
  • Run a virus / malware scan. From your Windows system accessories run Disk Defragmenter.
  • Before running TCGO, close any unnecessary background programs (web browsers, word processor, etc.).

Hope it helps!

Archived