The server you specified is unavailable...

Nightlighttt

Every time I log into the game the error "The server you specified is unavailable, please check your internet connection and try again" shows up.I tried to to include the game to my antiviru's safe list and also reset internet settings from the Control Panel->Internet ->Advanced as suggested in this thread(http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?38973-Game-won-t-connect-to-the-server).I' m pretty sure it's an issue of my connection since when the error message appears my pc disconnects from the internet and I have to restart the router.A staff member posted in the aforementioned thread a message regarding ports but without giving further explanation or how to enable your router to connect with these ports.As a last resort I could disable the firewall of my router but I don't know how and if it is safe.

Hi Nightlighttt,

We do not recommend disabling your firewall under any circumstances. As it varies from brand to brand, you'll need to review the documentation that came with your router for instructions on how to open ports.

If you still cannot access the game, I do recommend submitting a ticket to the support team. They may have more solutions for you to try. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question". Please include all fixes you've currently tried without success. It may also help to attach a summary of your system specs (obtainable via DxDiag for Windows or System Profiler for Mac).

Good luck, and thanks for your patience! :)

Hello Nightlighttt,

To open ports through your modem or router, you will need to refer to the manual for your specific device, or the software that came with it. If you don't have your manual, you can probably find some instructions online for opening ports. It's not too hard, you just need to know where out where to access your modem or router settings.

Archived