Cryogonal invitational 2013, new wooper cup format

NeilK

This is a post regarding an invitation-only tournament for Pokémon TCG players. I am holding an end-of-year tournament on Saturday, December 28, named the Winter Invitational. This tournament will be open only to players who are former champions of Wooper Cup competitions, and receive an automatic invite therein. The following will explain rules and guidelines of the Winter Invitational, as well as address format changes for the coming year. Starting with this year's Winter Invitational, the participants, and the prizes. The tournament will be a 2 day- Swiss Tournament, with a single-elimination,6-player topcut following. The prizes will be announced on Friday, December 27, 2013 on this thread for all participants to see. All participants will receive ranking points for this tournament, which will be implemented into a new system designed to track all participants throughout the year. In the coming year, Wooper Cup will be held weekly, and there will be 4 Invitational Tournaments to be held in March, June, October, and December. Ranking points will be weighted according to the tournament being run and Rankings will be updated on a monthly basis. The rankings will be done on a rolling 52-week basis, and at the end of the year, the player with the most ranking points is declared the Champion for that year. On January 1 of every new year, the rankings will be reset to 0 and be tallied again, with the exception of the 2014 year, in which points earned in 2013 will apply. More will be discussed in the next post.- ---- T

• 2 weeks later...

OK so heres how its going to work. The tournament is going to be Friday, January 17 at 12:00 midnight Eastern Standard time. This is a tentative date that could very well be moved to either Jan 10 at the same time or Jan 24 at the same time, so when im online ask me. Also, prizes will be issued to the top 4 finishers on the 24th of January regardless of the tourney date and time. Immediately following the tournament, the champions list will be wiped clean and winter season will begin. Any questions pm me when im on or get to me on here. Thanks everyone, I know most of you and hope to see you there =)

Archived