A chat function addition to help traders, and talkers.

AntiFormKey77

This, in my opinion is the biggest thing that could be added to the PTCGO. It's quite literally the one thing I wish would be added if I could pick any one thing. Now to specify the problem, and how I think It may be fixed.

If you take a look at the chat lobbies there are 4 main lobbies that are meant for people to speak in general with just about any topic under the sun. There is a 5th one yes, but only lobbies 1-4 are automatically accessed when entering the game. This is the reason these lobbies get used, because they are automatically enabled as a default lobby. If you pay attention to any lobby outside of lobbies 1-4, they rarely get any activity at all, this includes the more recently added lobby 5. Now, as you might see there is also a trading post… a lobby specifically made for traders to advertise their trades . This lobby is also empty, because it is not automatically enabled. So if this lobby is not used, where do the traders go? Lobbies 1-4 of course, because they have commerce. But that’s where the problem lies, there are so many trades going in at all times people rarely get the chance to speak of anything other than trades. That includes new players asking questions about the game who are often ignored.

Traders obviously also have a right to do what they need to, and those are their main problems, 1 trade lobby is not enough to accomidate all the trades… and there is no commerce in the one trade lobby in the first place.

There is no manual to the game, so most people don’t even know how to access the other lobbies, so many wasted spaces. So, now that I’ve set the problem, here is the solution I’ve thought about for abit. If there were to be 3 more trading posts, there would be enough room for all traders. But that’s not all, they have to be made easily accessible ( In other words, they need to be made default like lobbies 1-4) So they get the nessecary commerce traders need.

Here is how I propose it is handled. Just like the regular lobbies, 1 trading lobby is automatically opened, upon entering the game, Both show up, 1 trade, and one regular lobby when you log in. And both must have the option to be removed. This way, people who want to generally chat about just about anything, have their space to do so, and pretty much anyone can join in because the ease of access, and the same with the traders, who will now have a space of their own, and the commerce they get from the regular lobbies.

I hope this can be implemented, it really would be the best thing to me if it became reality. I'm sure many others also would love this. Any consideration is really appreciated! ^-^

Hi AntiFormKey77,

Great suggestion! :) I'll pass this along to the Dev team and leave your thread open for discussion in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate the (very detailed and well-thought-out) input!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great idea. I've always tried using the other lobbies (trading post, deck help, etc.) but they are almost always empty. Maybe their presence should be made more known? I also like how you mentioned "no manual to the game". This could be a great addition to the pokemon tcg web page, so that newer players could become more familiar with the functions of the game. I really hope that your idea is implemented.

Archived