Would This Game Be Allowed?

math99percent

It is a trivia game. I'll ask a question in the chat box. I'll have a time limit of 1 minute. People need an entrance fee of 1 card in order to play (non-energy, and of their choice). The people submit their answer with the entrance fee. The first to get it right gets the rare prize card (the first would be a Scolipede) and their original entrance fee. Anyone else who gets it right after that gets their original entrance fee back. I would keep the entrance fees lost, in order to maintain the amount of cards I could give out. You would not be able to chat during the answer period (the time between the question and when I declare the winner). People could also donate rare cards to me for the game's prizes. You would need to put "game donation" in the comments box for me to know. The maximum amount of players would be 8, so I don't get 20 trade offers at once.

Is that a good idea?

NO!

You could have been slightly nicer with the answer and gave a reason as to why it was a bad trade ;)

I already told him what I thought was wrong so I will allow others to express what they think instead.

IMO sounds like you want cards. If it was the Pokemon Group doing it all and what not I'd say yes.. but because we'd be giving all our stuff to another player... not so much wanting to try this.

IMO sounds like you want cards. If it was the Pokemon Group doing it all and what not I'd say yes.. but because we'd be giving all our stuff to another player... not so much wanting to try this.

I understand. It is just that the Pokemon Company is currently working on making the actual full TCGO and doesn't have time for games like this.

1. The entrance fee makes it gambling. Which is highly frowned upon.

2. It would be so easy for you to just walk away with everybody's cards. I'm not saying you are trying to scam people, but it looks too much like a scam for comfort.

2. It would be so easy for you to just walk away with everybody's cards. I'm not saying you are trying to scam people, but it looks too much like a scam for comfort.

1. If the mods take the entrance fee as gambling, I could remove it. I, unlike some people, do not have an infinite supply of rare cards to just hand out. Then, people would have to give me donations to keep the game running.

2. If I did take away the entrance fee, I would not have any cards to walk away with. If the mods let me use one, I would only use the cards for the rare prizes or to trade for rare prizes. For the donations, I would guarantee that I would use it only for the game prizes. If I kept them for myself, or did not hand out the prize, people would be able to report me for stealing their cards. Problem solved. I would not take people's cards at the risk of losing my profile (along with the cards).

The first time, I could even do a test run, with no entrance fee (even if allowed), and I would still hand out the free Scolipede.

1. If the mods take the entrance fee as gambling, I could remove it. I, unlike some people, do not have an infinite supply of rare cards to just hand out. Then, people would have to give me donations to keep the game running.

2. If I did take away the entrance fee, I would not have any cards to walk away with. If the mods let me use one, I would only use the cards for the rare prizes or to trade for rare prizes. For the donations, I would guarantee that I would use it only for the game prizes. If I kept them for myself, or did not hand out the prize, people would be able to report me for stealing their cards. Problem solved. I would not take people's cards at the risk of losing my profile (along with the cards).

The first time, I could even do a test run, with no entrance fee (even if allowed), and I would still hand out the free Scolipede.

That is a very good idea! You might also want to host games on weekends, 2 games one at 2:00 PM and one at 2:30 PM with 5 players each that previously called the game that you aproved (other players would not count). So do you like my idea?

It is a trivia game. I'll ask a question in the chat box. I'll have a time limit of 1 minute. People need an entrance fee of 1 card in order to play (non-energy, and of their choice). The people submit their answer with the entrance fee. The first to get it right gets the rare prize card (the first would be a Scolipede) and their original entrance fee. Anyone else who gets it right after that gets their original entrance fee back. I would keep the entrance fees lost, in order to maintain the amount of cards I could give out. You would not be able to chat during the answer period (the time between the question and when I declare the winner). People could also donate rare cards to me for the game's prizes. You would need to put "game donation" in the comments box for me to know. The maximum amount of players would be 8, so I don't get 20 trade offers at once.

Is that a good idea?

Oh, yeah and also I have a different idea (so Zaerith, Pure Dynasty, FireEmblem, and aarpong look at this)! I would keep the entrance fee but it would work differently, you would pay the entrance fee and you could not give anything more then a rare, if you payed nothing and you won you would get a common, if you payed a common and won you would get a uncommon, if you payed a uncommon and won you would get a rare, if you payed a rare (the most rare you could trade unless you were very generous and gave a rare holo) and won you would get a rare holo! Also if you won you would get back your card (like before). Also they could only win if they had correct spelling. So you could also check the moderators with my idea if they don't exept yours math! So please say what you think about my idea! BYE!

Sorry for incorrect spelling.

That's funny.

Anyways, paying a card to play is gambling even if you can choose the non-gambling option.

Archived