Sign in to follow this  
CharizardM

Phoenix Dojo (Pokemon X and Y Battling Thread)

battler12534

Still takin a rest, but I got a question. If I were to use Mega Evolution on Mawile, does it still have Hyper Cutter?

kdoll154

I think it gets prankster instead.

Poke_Ball_1

no. Mega Mawile gets Huge Power

battler12534
no. Mega Mawile gets Huge Power

Ok, thanks

CharizardM

I am considering making a Monotype tournament...

CharizardM

I have decided to make the tournament!

CharizardM's Monotype Challenge

Rules:

You can only use one type of Pokemon. (You pick this type when you sign up.)

Two people cannot pick the same type. (The earlier you sign up, the more likely you are to get a type that you like.)

If a Pokemon can Mega Evolve. That Pokemon can only be used on teams where it always matches the team's type. (For example, a Charizard can be used on a Flying type team if it either doesn't Mega Evolve or if it becomes a Mega Charizard Y. However, Mega Charizard X can be used on a Fire team but not on a Dragon team because Charizard is normally a Fire/Flying type.)

No Legendary Pokemon. (In other words, nobody will have to battle a Mewtwo in this tournament.

All Pokemon will be reduced to level 50 for battles.

The battles will be Double Battles where each trainer will use all six Pokemon.

Guests can compete in this tournament.

Depending on how many people sign up, it will either be a round robin tournament or a traditional tournament.

I need at least three people to sign up. (People can sign up until Valentine's Day. The tournament will probably start in the beginning of March.)

Sign-up for Guests and an Example:

Trainer Name: Diamond

FC: 3695-1444-4176

Type: Fire

Members can just post that they would like to enter the tournament and which type they will be using.

I will add this information to the first post and I will also add a list of Trainers that are in the tournament and what types they are using.

Pikamew11

I hope this is the right place to post.

I am looking for info on what kinds of things make a pokemon team more solid than just knowing basics(i.e. using different poke types, and items) I understand Ivs and Evs as well as natures. but putting a real team together is challanging yet still interesting.

I'm open to different thoughts on building a team so if anyone has anything to share I'd like to hear it. :)

CharizardM

One thing that helps is if you are planning on using a team that goes with a certain weather condition or not is to choose Pokemon that work with that weather (for example Water Pokemon in the rain)...

Pikamew11

that sounds good! I do have some water types (including drizzletoed) lol

swiftswimmers like kingdra work with rain....

I do want to design a good rain team though I struggle to make it solid. surely theres more to it than setting rain and blasting the foe with alot of water moves.

what would you do to keep up the momentum after setting the rain up? I am looking for a little more dynamic (or effective ideas) for a good rain team one on one style.

CharizardM

One idea is to have a Pokemon that knows Thunder to get rid of other Water types (especially those with Water Absorb) and Flying types since Thunder almost always hits when it is raining. Also, it is a good idea to avoid using Fire type moves...

Pikamew11

yea that sounds good. I like jolteon for it's speedyness and volt absorb ability. but it doesnt switch in well outside of absorbing lightning attacks. maybe electivire would do better. If not, mega manectric then.

Scizor doesnt mind being in rain, but should he go mega or not? maybe not since manectric likes his newfound lightning power. lol

I know weather abilities are nerfed now. who would be a good rain dance setter? would drizzletoed still be of use at all?

CharizardM

Drizzle still works as a way to start the rain just like Drought still works to increase the sunlight. However, you may want to switch it out and have another Pokemon use an attack to hit all the enemy Pokemon if you are in a double battle...

Pikamew11

it would have been cool if the damp rock extended drizzle's effects to work the same way it does with rain dance.

CharizardM

Yeah...

CharizardM

Also, it would of been nice to make the ability's effects last longer since they are not affected by most items...

kdoll154

BWAHAHA!

I return!

CharizardM

I'm glad that you are back Kdoll! Also, I am extending the time you can sign up for the monotype tournament until the start of March.

kdoll154

Unfortunately,I lost pkmn Y...Plus yanma wasn't trained...like,at all...

CharizardM

I hope that you find it Kdoll.

kdoll154

So do I!A meteor is falling through transporter soon...

CharizardM

A meteor?

kdoll154

Yep,one that can change forms!Bwhaha!

kdoll154

Oh,on other news my mom found it,so kudos to her!

Poke_Ball_1

" insert derp Ash face" lol wut? Anyway, congrats to u kdoll!

kdoll154

Hint:We thought it could mega evolve though a meteor.

Sign in to follow this