Can't uninstall the game

WordsUntold

I'm posting this question here, rather that making a support ticket because I think it's not so much a problem with the game as it is me.

After the latest update when I started the game it started the refresher, which did its dandy job 100% and then closed and started again. It kept restarting and finishing and refreshing until infinity.

Now that's normal, that always happens with me after an update, so no problem. I normally solve that by uninstalling the game, and then reinstalling the latest version and everything is peachy.

But I can't uninstall now.

If I try it the usual way (via the Control Panel programs and featrures) I get an error message (my system is in Dutch, so this is somewhat freely translated): "No access to the network location. Property: USER_PROFILE" and it stops.

I've also tried selecting Uninstal in the program's folder under Start which did nothing, I've tried just overriding it with the newer version but that won't install as long as the old one is on there.

Are there any more options to unintall it? Because I can now neither use it nor replace it.

I've even tried the desperate measure of manually removing every file even remotely related to the game and just erasing all evidence it ever existed, but the new version still refuses to install and the Control Panel still says it exists and gives the same error message as before, so I'm lost. =/

Thanks bunches for any help.

WordsUntold

Hi WordsUntold,

It sounds like you have run into the following Windows error:

''Error 1606. Could Not Access Network Location''

The solution is simple to find via your preferred search engine. However, the fix involves editing your registry. Because Microsoft advises that you use the editor at your own risk, I can't provide you with any further assistance regarding this particular fix.

WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

In the past, sometimes TCGO would not fully uninstall. As a result, we would send out the following instructions:

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. C:\Users\[your user]\AppData.
  3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4. Empty your Recycle Bin.

Hope it helps!

• 2 months later...

This happened to me too. I fixed it by going to programs and features and right clicked the Pokémon TCG Online and clicked on "change" instead of uninstall. This would then uninstall the client.

Archived