cant find matches in PVP after patch

ianthegamer

We can't help you without more details. For example:

• Are you using the Windows or Mac version of the game?
  • What game mode are you searching? Expert Modified? Novice Theme Deck? All game modes?
  • What are the contents of the deck you're attempting to use?
  • Are you able to click the PLAY NOW! button? Does the "Searching for an Opponent" pop-up show up?

The more information you can provide, the easier it is for us to investigate.

i have the same problem, i cant find a match on expert unlimited mode, i can find matches on novice but even though, all the card i have in my hand are invisible.

Windows, yes im using play now button, yes searching showed one, the queue just stuck at waiting

I thought this was a wide spread issue which is why I gave you vague info. On the chat lobby i ask and many people have the same issue... all after the updated patch.

• Are you using the Windows or Mac version of the game? Windows
  • What game mode are you searching? Expert Modified? Novice Theme Deck? All game modes? Most all game modes; Novice/expert unlimited and novice/expert modified
  • What are the contents of the deck you're attempting to use? typical blastoise/keldeo/kyruem deck Ive been using
  • Are you able to click the PLAY NOW! button? Does the "Searching for an Opponent" pop-up show up? Im able to hit play now... it doesnt get far enough to the point where its searching for opponent ( rarely it might in unlimited expert).... It seems to stick to searching for available games

I also can't get games now. As the OP says, this is commonly acknowledged in the chat window as a issue.

My details:

Windows

Expert/Unlimited

Varied. B&W card onwards.

Just stays on searching for opponent.

This issue has been escalated to the Dev team for review. We'll provide updates as more information becomes available. Please be sure to update this thread if the matchmaking service returns to normal.

For some reason it helps to open Lobby 1 and, if it takes more than 2 seconds to switch to "searching for opponents" after clicking play, to click on cancel and play again. Repeat until you find a match. Looks like it tries to search for a match, but cancels early without changing the "searching for a match" (the one before the "searching for opponents").

I am as well... still no success. Have yet to play a modified game. I prefer modified expert... unlimited works a bit better but it is still tough to find a match.

Any update?

Same problem here. Lately, I've been having a lot of problems playing any PvP games... I click to the start game, I wait, but I have to wait a long time for any matches to begin. Eventually, I try to change the difficult level Novice <-> Expert, I cancel matches and try to play the game in different play types and with different decks.... and, sooner or later, I get one game, but the "Searching for an Available Game" (or a similar one, NOT the opponent one!) text appears. Oh, and I'm playing the Windows version.

If Expert Modified matchmaking takes more than 60 seconds, try switching to the Trading screen and back to matchmaking. I've only had this not work once, and after doing it again it worked.

Hi folks,

Our Dev team believes that they have been able to identify the source of this issue. The issue appears to have been only with the Unlimited Expert PvP match making. We believe it has been solved now, however we will continue to monitor player matching to make sure.

Our apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause you.

Thank you,

Prof_Warrax

Master of Chaos

The issue is with modified however also.... I havent been able to find a single modified pvp game.

I can find unlimited more or less though not as it used to be.

I think the major issue ( at least for me) is that I cant get into a single modified which is the most current and relevant playing field for testing my decks online

If after pressing 'play now' it stays on 'searching for available games' then nothing happens. If it then switches over to 'searching for available opponent' it seems I find a game. Don't know what that means.

But currently I can't get a game!

Hello trainers!

From a similar thread:

The fix the Dev team implemented earlier today applied to all game modes, so there shouldn't be any issues with finding Expert Modified matches. In fact, they've indicated that they're seeing Expert Modified matches kick off without issue.

There was an issue in an earlier version of the game where the basic Energy cards from Call of Legends were flagged as Modified-legal in the Deck Manager, but were not validating as Modified-legal during matchmaking. The player never received any feedback that their deck was incorrectly flagged as illegal for Modified, so it looked like matchmaking was stalling. It's possible that there's something similar happening this time around.

Do any of the decks you are attempting to play contain cards from an expansion prior to Next Destinies, which have a Modified-legal reprint? If so, which cards?

I have deleted my deck and rebuilt it and now it works.

not quite sure if I used different cards from newer sets.

If so it would be eggxecute, voltorb, and juniper?...

I didnt think it would work or else i would have taken notice to the sets in the deck that was giving me issues

From what I digress, if you re building a modified deck using old card, more than likely you will be experiencing this issue because of the verification process taken to get into the game. I re-did my deck using card that was next destinies and above and the issue seem to be solve. Running different type of call of legends energies in one deck and playing modified.. really a bad idea XD. Best.

Edit,

Ok I take that back. I have no idea what going on, im experiencing the same problem again in expert mode. Mod should look at this problem further. I redid the deck, make sure everythign was modified and after a few game it work fine, but now suddenly it doesnt work again. XD.

• 2 weeks later...

I also still have the same problem. It says 'searching for available games' when I try to play an unlimited, expert pvp match, and it freezes there. When I try the novice matches it usually works, but still not 100% of the time.

I am still having this issue as well. I play unlimited expert on both windows and a mac, very hard to get a match started. Also, regarding public trading, the completed trades are not disappearing once someone accepts them. Nearly every trade I try to accept gives the message "This lot is no longer available". If I do find a trade that works, the same trade does not disappear from the list in future searches. Maybe because of the large lists resulting from all the trades not disappearing once completed, I can no longer search for terms that would generate a possibly large list, such as for booster packs. Hopefully these issues are being worked on.

Hello trainers,

If you're still experiencing this issue, we recommend cancelling the matchmaking request and clicking the Play Now button again. If you continue to experience matchmaking delays regularly, please try uninstalling the game. Take care to remove all related files and folders from your computer and grab the latest version of the installer from http://www.pokemontcg.com/download.

Thanks for your patience! :)

Archived