Need some help making my deck more competitive

ServiceGames

Really a newbie to the game. I like it a lot, but I don't know what's out there. I'd like to stick with the Electric theme, but not all cards have to be Electric. Open to suggestions.

Pokemon: 16

2 x Kangaskhan (Plasma Blast)

4 x Mareep (Dragons Exalted)

1 x Flaaffy (Dragons Exalted)

3 x Ampharos (Dragons Exalted)

1 x Thundurus EX (Promo BW81)

4 x Zekrom (Next Destinies)

1 x Zekrom EX (Next Destinies)

Trainers: 29

2 x Energy Retrieval

1 x Energy Switch

2 x Level Ball

2 x Pokemon Catcher

4 x Rare Candy

2 x Switch

1 x Tool Scrapper

3 x Ultra Ball

3 x Cilan

2 x N

2 x Professor Juniper

2 x Skyla

1 x Battle City

2 x Skyarrow Bridge

Energy: 15

1 x Double Colorless Energy

4 x Plasma Energy

10 x Electric Energy

Thanks in advance

SG

The most successful Electric deck in recent times was the Eelektrik-based one, but them Eels are no longer in rotation. Since then Thundurus Ex has had a presence in high-end Team Plasma decks but I haven't seen anything full Electric for a while, which is kinda sad, really.

I like your deck, mostly, but I think you should try Magnezone(Dual Brain) rather than Ampharos. Dual Brain just seems like it would make for a very stable deck and that way your Stage 2 is mostly a support, which is better IMO seeing as you already have plenty of strong Basics to do the heavy lifting as your active Pokemon. He's a Team Plasma Pokemon, as is Zapdos, btw(Ex version, which I can't write normally because of the ludicrous censoring system). Make better utility of Raiden Knuckle and those Plasma Energy.

Speaking of which you could then run Colres Machine. Aside from that the main thing I would change is your Supporter list. You're a little light on and Cilan is rather bad without a very particular purpose for searching Basic energy.

Anyway, my opinion is that you'd have your best chance by building a Team Plasma-based version(Electric being the priority, though), accessing relevant support and using Magnezone with a heavy Supporter line-up. Can discuss it further with you if you visit "Pallet Town: Where Decks Begin."

Thank you! I'll definitely look into that! I was trying to stay away from Team Plasma pokemon simply because of Silver Mirror and having to run so many Tool Scrappers just in case. But, I think you might be on to something! I'll definitely look into those cards.

Thanks

SG

Edit: BTW, I really do like Zapdos (the EX version), but being around Christmas and a couple of family birthdays in Jan and Feb, money is a little tight. And, Zapdos (the EX version) about $8 each right now. I do have a couple of Colress Machines on order. I also already have 4 x Frozen City if needed, 4 x Team Plasma Ball, 4 x Team Plasma Badge, and I can throw in couple of Surskit -> Masquerain to get rid of the Silver Mirrors rather than having to run 4 x Tool Scrapper.

Thank you! I'll definitely look into that! I was trying to stay away from Team Plasma pokemon simply because of Silver Mirror and having to run so many Tool Scrappers just in case. But, I think you might be on to something! I'll definitely look into those cards.

Thanks

SG

Edit: BTW, I really do like Zapdos (the EX version), but being around Christmas and a couple of family birthdays in Jan and Feb, money is a little tight. And, Zapdos (the EX version) about $8 each right now. I do have a couple of Colress Machines on order. I also already have 4 x Frozen City if needed, 4 x Team Plasma Ball, 4 x Team Plasma Badge, and I can throw in couple of Surskit -> Masquerain to get rid of the Silver Mirrors rather than having to run 4 x Tool Scrapper.

The problem is that I don't see any viable non-plasma support for Electric right now so you kinda don't have much choice TBH. I didn't actually realise you were building IRL, but oh well. As for Masquerain that's not how it works, you can only return your own Tools. Guess you're stuck with Scrapper, unless you go with Team Plasma Chatot or something. Even if you just keep Zekrom as backup you'll at least be less limited.

The problem is that I don't see any viable non-plasma support for Electric right now so you kinda don't have much choice TBH. I didn't actually realise you were building IRL, but oh well. As for Masquerain that's not how it works, you can only return your own Tools. Guess you're stuck with Scrapper, unless you go with Team Plasma Chatot or something. Even if you just keep Zekrom as backup you'll at least be less limited.
I test every build online before I try it in real life to see the synergy in the deck... even if it's against the AI (which I know isn't very good).

I appreciate the heads up about Masquerain. For some reason, I miss little words like "your" from time to time. Again, thank you. And, I don't mind running scrappers. I currently have three of them. But, I always enjoyed playing that particular deck online back in the early days when this was just a Flash based game. So, I took it to real life. There's a group of about six to eight of us at my local store that play Pokemon, so I get a chance to play it there.

Again, thanks for the advice! I'm going to see if I can give that Magnezone idea a **** online soon.

SG

I test every build online before I try it in real life to see the synergy in the deck... even if it's against the AI (which I know isn't very good).

I appreciate the heads up about Masquerain. For some reason, I miss little words like "your" from time to time. Again, thank you. And, I don't mind running scrappers. I currently have three of them. But, I always enjoyed playing that particular deck online back in the early days when this was just a Flash based game. So, I took it to real life. There's a group of about six to eight of us at my local store that play Pokemon, so I get a chance to play it there.

Again, thanks for the advice! I'm going to see if I can give that Magnezone idea ****** online soon.

SG

If you dont care wether your deck is modified or unlimited, I'd suggest building an Eelzone deck, it works great even against current day decks, (if you dont know what it is just check wacky decks, i have a list up there ).

Or maybe make a deck with the dynamotor eelektric+ the plasma evo of it, and thundurus ex or something... (or zekeels)

if it has to be modified I'd use somthing like eelektross -thundurus ex and maybe blastoise lol, that could be fun xD

If you dont care wether your deck is modified or unlimited, I'd suggest building an Eelzone deck, it works great even against current day decks, (if you dont know what it is just check wacky decks, i have a list up there ).

Or maybe make a deck with the dynamotor eelektric+ the plasma evo of it, and thundurus ex or something... (or zekeels)

if it has to be modified I'd use somthing like eelektross -thundurus ex and maybe blastoise lol, that could be fun xD

If I only had the money. I have the Blastoise cards needed to run a water-based deck off Deluge. But, if we're bringing in both water and electric, I'd probably really want to run the Plasma Storm version of Black Kyurem EX so I could use Black Ballista and use a combination of Energy Search/Cilan, Energy Retrieval, Superior Energy Retrieval, and Blastoise's Deluge to make sure that Black Ballista went off every turn. I've seen that deck list, and it's mean! But, that's a lot of money to invest. The Plasma Storm version of Black Kyurem EX runs around $30+ each right now. I'd probably need to run at least two if not three to make sure it doesn't end up in my prize cards or discard pile/graveyard.

SG

Yeah, I mentioned Eelektrik, but the deck he posted is modified so I was kinda just assuming...

That Blastoise idea does sound fun, but it's not much different than RayBoar and wouldn't exactly work better(two Stage 2's being your main issue). That and it's not pure Electric. Besides, if you're going water/electric with Deluge it makes more sense to use Black Kyurem Ex with Black Ballista.

Eelektross will crash and burn if you ask me(though pardon the pun :rolleyes:); just not efficient enough to be worth using on anything but your final attack. Only realistic use I see for him is as a finisher if I were running a deck which focused more on the non-plasma Eelektross(who's Slurp Shakedown seems like a really cool way to troll your opponent or just get cheap KO's).

Archived