Customizable rules?

EvErLoyaLEagLE

It is a fact that players in Pokemon TCG Online can abuse EX/Plasma cards on Modified. Every other player always uses the same Darkrai EX with Float Stones and Hypnotoxic Virbank combos. I am sick and tired of seeing the same abusive sh* being used over and over again.

What I am suggesting is there should be a Modified mode that doesn't allow EX cards, Plasma cards, or both. That way, those who are just starting to play, or don't have strong cards, will be able to really enjoy playing PKMNTCGO without having to suffer 100 losses every 1 win.

Please bring this up as a top priority issue and let's help make this Modified mode possible.

This should be posted in the suggestions section of the forums.

I would like to note that this is a very common complaint among players, several posts asking for a "Non-EX Tier" and similar rule-sets. Unfortunately, the only ways you can get around this is by setting up matching with players on your friend list or by competing in the Theme Deck format. Official responses will generally dictate that developers do not wish to separate players.

While I've come to accept that EX will be forced into being a main-stay of Pokémon TCG, such an option should become available as the onset of Mega Evolution, which further empowers EX, will cause a competitive rift between players. Largely, this will be with players who specialize in EX and Mega cards and those who prefer a more classic approach with staged Pokémon.

As the largely failed concept of Novice and Expert options will likely be replaced by trainer or deck ratings, perhaps this would be the best chance to appease a disgruntled portion of the player-base by giving instead options for "Classic" and "Advanced" games.

Some players may be thinking about the first XY expansions containing Venusaur and Blastoise in EX form. Looking at the cards will show that these, much like Chandelure EX, will be basic Pokémon that will Mega Evolve if they are your active Pokémon. Likely, the classic (staged) lines will be included in the expansion as well, but would require to be fully evolved to compete with their EX counterparts alone.

Hello trainers!

I'll quote a post by Prof. Mathis on a similar thread:

At this time we do not believe that further segmenting the player base by adding another play format would yield a positive result.

I'll be closing this thread now. Thanks for your understanding!

Archived