Game Randomly Crashes in Windows 8.1

burniate

So I downloaded Windows 8.1 last night (bad decision in my opinion) and now the game crashes after approximately a minute and a half or so. The first time it crashed I was in the midst of a battle against someone else in novice difficulty. The next two times I was looking through my collection. I do not know what causes this aside from Windows 8.1 as that is the only thing that has changed.

Other users may need to consult their manufacturer if they cannot update with those links (Intel chipsets, etc.)

This is something you'll have to seek outside help with, as stated in the link I provided.

You can find out which graphics card you have by searching your computer for and running "DxDiag". There will be information in a section labeled "Display" or something along those lines. You can save all of this information in a document, which the support team will need if you have updated your drivers and still experience crashing:

If you're running Windows 8.1 and are experiencing crashing problems with the game client, please attempt to update to the latest drivers for your graphics card. If you continue to experience this issue after doing so, please go to www.pokemon.com/support and create a ticket. Please be as specific as possible with the issue you are experiencing, and attach a DxDiag report for your system so that the Dev team can investigate the issue further.

I hope this was helpful! :)

Archived