Tokenssss

ZzLow96

You get 10 tokens for the first battle you win in PvP mode, unless your opponent quits part way through, in which case you only get one. There is no penalty for quitting the game, but there should be because it is unfair on the other player.

You gain 1 for every match that lasts over 5 minutes. Also, each day you get +10 Tokens for the first match you play. After that you seem to get 2 extra tokens for the first few wins over 5 minutes; think it's the first three, but I don't know for sure how that works because it's just something I've observed.

There are no penalties for forfeiting a match, which can be annoying with the 5 minute rule.

ninetyninetails almost has it all, in summary:

+10 for logging in game daily

+15 for first game of the day lasting over 5 minutes (regardless of win/lose) (works even in novice mode)

+1 for each subsequent game lasting over 5 minutes(regardless of win/lose) (does not work in novice mode) (can be earned unlimited times)

+2 for each win against player with advantage lasting over 5 minutes (must win) (does not work in novice mode) (can be earned unlimited times)

+Max of ~25 (cannot confirm this number) per week by playing minigames at pokemon.com, be sure to log into your account for the tokens to be credited to your account.

ninetyninetails almost has it all, in summary:

+10 for logging in game daily

+15 for first game of the day lasting over 5 minutes (regardless of win/lose) (works even in novice mode)

+1 for each subsequent game lasting over 5 minutes(regardless of win/lose) (does not work in novice mode) (can be earned unlimited times)

+2 for each win against player with advantage lasting over 5 minutes (must win) (does not work in novice mode) (can be earned unlimited times)

+Max of ~25 (cannot confirm this number) per week by playing minigames at pokemon.com, be sure to log into your account for the tokens to be credited to your account.

Isn't it 15 for logging in then 10 for first game over 5?

I had wondered what the limitation on the +2 Tokens was(must have just had a few wins over Advantage in a row). That does make sense, but how is Advantage determined? Win ratios?

Also, thanks for mentioning minigames, I had no idea about that. Gonna play some in a bit :)

Isn't it 15 for logging in then 10 for first game over 5?

I had wondered what the limitation on the +2 Tokens was(must have just had a few wins over Advantage in a row). That does make sense, but how is Advantage determined? Win ratios?

Also, thanks for mentioning minigames, I had no idea about that. Gonna play some in a bit :)

you got me, my mistake there.

no idea how they determine the advantaged players, so far what I can make out from my experience playing is that its not calculated based on each deck but based off the player's overall track record. this is based off the fact that I've used quite a couple of stupid decks that never win and still ended up the advantaged player, but I would say that in most cases when you face an advantaged player you're quite likely to be challenged to some extent. too many other factors going on for me to be sure of whether the advantaged player selection is based off only win/loss ratio.

you got me, my mistake there.

no idea how they determine the advantaged players, so far what I can make out from my experience playing is that its not calculated based on each deck but based off the player's overall track record. this is based off the fact that I've used quite a couple of stupid decks that never win and still ended up the advantaged player, but I would say that in most cases when you face an advantaged player you're quite likely to be challenged to some extent. too many other factors going on for me to be sure of whether the advantaged player selection is based off only win/loss ratio.

Simple mistake, I'm more interested in the 'Advantage' stakes. It does make sense for it to be player specific rather than deck specific, otherwise you could just make a new deck for the sake of earning Tokens more frequently(even if you just used the exact same cards). I would assume it uses wins/losses as a base, but who knows what else contributes? I wonder if Pokemon type is taken into consideration; as in the system calculates the likelihood of Weakness and Resistance being relevant and adjusts Advantage accordingly.

It may, however, create an annoying possibility; deliberately dropping your win rate by forfeiting whenever you've got Advantage. Pretty low thing to do, but it would be more efficient in terms of aggregate Token gain, unfortunately.

Oh, and I just played minigames until hitting the limit, which is 15.

I am glad that almost all users agree that when someone quit thanks to the 5 minute rule you not earn anything and actually someway this really suck!! There is a very important reason why actually this game must not give any penalties for the users who quit because sometimes someone quit because he simply lost the internet connection!! Some day on the past this problem force me to surrender for the first turn and unfortunately with this way i and my opponent not earn anything lol!! Some users quit simply to troll you with the 5 minute rule, other users simply quit without even know about this 5 minute rule lol and some unlucky users quit because they lost the internet connection!! The only solution for this personal for me is to dev team allow us to earn unlimited times tokens also with practice mode because here the computer is the random opponent and only if you lost the internet connection you lost the opportunity to earn a token!!

Archived