First Custom Deck

RyoHoshi

I've been playing the Pokemon TCG since I was a kid, but due to location issues, I never had a chance to play competitively. The Online game has given me a second chance at that, with a wider collection and playerbase than I ever could've hoped for when I was a kid. That being said, getting used to the meta-game has definitely taken some doing. After a couple of weeks of trading and clearing trainer challenge out to get the cards I needed, I feel like I have a pretty decent deck. Of course, there's always room for improvement, which is why I'm here :)

The Deck:

Pokemon (18)

Croagunk x4 (LT)

Toxicroak x4 (LT)

Zubat x4 (PS)

Golbat x2 (PS)

Crobat x4 (PS)

Supporters (10)

Bianca x2

Cheren x3

N x3

Prof. Juniper x2

Skyla x3

Items (12)

Computer Search x1

Hypnotoxic Laser x4

Random Receiver x3

Rare Candy x4

Stadiums (3)

Virbank City Gym x3

Energy (14)

Psychic Energy x14

---

The premise is a pretty simple one. Get Crobat on the field as quickly as possible, then use Virbank and Ultra-Toxic Fang for quick KOs. The Night Sight ability gives me plenty of card draw once I have Crobat on the table, so building up a battle-ready bench is easy. Toxicroak is an excellent revenge killer, should something happen to my first active, and makes it a bit easier to recover and not get swept. My main concern with this deck is that it can be a little bit slow to play... If you guys have any ideas to remedy that, I'd much appreciate them.

Thanks for reading!

Archived