Imitate Gold Breaker

NinetynineTails

Okay, so I had Mew Ex as my active Pokemon with 3 energy attached and copied my Bouffalant's Gold Breaker to attack an enemy Cresselia(with Weakness to Psychic), which had an Eviolite equipped. 60+60=120, 120x2=240, 240-20= 220, or so I thought. Instead I dealt 100 damage. I can only assume Eviolite somehow interrupted the calculation of the Weakness.

Just to clarify, I checked his bench and there were no other relevant effects.

Hi NinetynineTails,

Thanks for the note! We will keep our ear to the ground. Please feel free to update us if you manage to duplicate.

Thanks!

Hi NinetynineTails!

If you could answer chronophysicist's question, that'd be great! Cresselia-EX's move Psychic Protection states:

During your opponent's next turn, this Pokémon has no Weakness.

If this Pokémon attacked during the previous turn, that would eliminate the damage from weakness.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is awkward. I honestly can't remember, though it would be just like me to not notice such a factor. You can assume this bug was human error. My bad.

Hi NinetynineTails,

Thanks for the follow-up! I'll be closing this thread now, since it seems more likely than not that this isn't a bug. Please let us know if you experience this issue again and notice that Cresselia-EX did not attack.

Thanks for your report!

Archived