Game won't connect to the server.

Moldygrapes

I just recently got a new modem for the internet at my house and now once I start the game it gives a message saying "The server you specified is unavailable, please check your internet connection and try again." The game was working fine before the new modem, and everything else related to the internet is working fine, better even, with the new modem.

So, the game doesn't seem to "like" my internet, what gives?

Hi folks!

This is typically an issue with your router or modem.

There are two ports that must be opened for the game to work: 8181 and 6967. 6967 is the "gateway" port that the client connects to momentarily to get information on which connection servers are available and their IP addresses. 8181 is the port that client makes a dedicated connection to in order to play the game.

Hope this helps!

Additionally, the security settings and anti-virus software on your computer could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it from connecting to the internet. You may want to review the documentation for your security software to find the method for adding the game client to the software's "safe programs" list.

Sorry gang, this is a known issue and is something that is currently being investigated. Hopefully we will have news to share with you soon.

We will leave this thread open while looking for a fix.

Thanks for your patience!

One of the suggestions that the support team will give you is to remove the game, download a fresh installer, and reinstall the game. Afterwards, you are to go to your internet settings on the control panel, head towards the advanced tab, and select the reset option.

While it hasn't worked for me, it might aid some of those that come across this suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived