Chatting crashes game.

supercripple

Every time I'm in a match and someone tells me something, I'll go to respond (like to say "gg" or "gl hf") and as soon as I start typing the game crashes. Just started doing it today and I have no idea why... though I did just update my OS from Windows 8 to 8.1 so maybe that has something to do with it. I'll reinstall and see if that helps anything...

Thanks for the quick reply. That's really unfortunate, though.. I have an Intel chipset so it doesn't look like there is an easy fix for me yet. =( I'll just have to sit tight and hope someone figures something out.

I do find there are times where it's best not to use chat, as the same thing happens to me. Think using chat just pushes it that little bit too far, as it's not always like that and usually happens when I've been playing a while. That said, when it happens once it will recur. Restarting your computer or possibly just relogging might fix the issue, I'll have to try that next time(usually just stop using chat). I still have Windows 7, though.

Crashing at some of the more resource intensive areas of the game is a known issue right now for all version of Windows. One of the most common areas is when accessing packs. We are currently collecting information on this issue, in the hope that a fix will be available soon.

Please feel free to send your dxdiag to Customer Support by clicking the link in my signature and using the "Ask a Question" feature.

Thanks all!

Archived