Booster packs online

nachoalfonso

Does anybody know if the pysical booster packs are going to have QR codes ? Are we gonna be able to transform those packs into online cards? Thanks

That would be Amazing...seems like a pain though. All those random packs....someone would figure out how to decode the codes and see whats in the packs!!

It is more likely that each card will have it's own code to unlock the online version of it online. Or you will be able to buy virtual decks/booster packs online.

I would even be okay with getting one digital card per analog pack that we purchased, via a packed-in code. I love the game, but I will not puchase digital-only card packs.

more than likely, if something of this rt were to be implemented, each code inside the pack would unlock a virtual pack that is randomizeed seperately than the physical pack. So the physical pack gives you 10 cards, but the virtual pack supplies 10 completely different cards

I would think that they would program each little pack so that you got the same cards online as in real life...

I would to, but it would be extremely difficult to pull of something like that (I think). The packs are completely randomized currently. To find a way to sync that with online seems like it would be an expensive, time-consuming process. I wouldnt expect this virtual/physical pack sync. What I see as more likely is that you hold your card up to a webcam and it scans the card. We already saw that option with the decks, plus it wouldnt have to deal with the randomization... how would they prevent you from scanning the same card to make duplicates though?.... hmmm...

"Completely randomized completely"? Are you from the "Institution of Redundancy Institution"? tounge_smile.png

And, yes, it would take more work, but It'd be more rewarding. And they aren't completely randomized: every booster pack has at least one rare card. (Not true in Japan, anymore)

No, but there is no set pattern as to which cards you're going to get other than rarity. And by the way, I said completely randomized CURRENTLY. Anyway, the point I'm trying to get across is that i don't think its very likely

I would think that they could put a code on each card they do it for the yugioh game for it to be transferred to the ds versions of the game if pokemon could do that as well then it would be a huge success bc then people could play test their "new" decks online before going to a tounament and i honestly have to say that pokemon online trainer challenge is something to pass time for me and my heart is in magi the gathering but if pokemon were to be able to do the online codes for all cards and have a better online system set up then i would sell all my magic cards and buy a whole bunch of pokemon cards and start going to play events as well as competitions online

all this talk of scanning cards and everything brings me back to when Ruby and Sapphire came out.

they used the E-Card reader, that was used during the last 3 wizards of coasts sets (sky ridge, aquapolis and one other) where you would swipe the card through the device to read information on that pokemon etc, on your gameboy advance.

after Sandstorm Ex and Dragon Ex, they stopped producing cards with the scan code strip, and removed the giant e symbol in the corner of every card.

Probably not card for card as booster packs are random but there is more of a chance that you will get a free virtual booster pack for a purchase of a free one.

Archived