Who was Your First Pokemon (Going Back)

Poke_Ball_1

This is simple. Tell us your first Pokemon that you ever got in the game and tell us a little back story about it.

It was 2009. Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver had released for the DS. I remember my stepsiblings getting some HeartGold/SoulSilver booster packs and one of my stepsiblings finding a Shiny Pokemon card. I didn't care for Pokemon at the time, not knowing what it even was, and just laughed at my stepsiblings for getting overly excited about a junky old trading card. My stepsiblings, however, proved me otherwise and introduced me to the Pokemon game. I was around the perfect age to be a Pokemon fan (around 9 or 10. Can't quite remember). I got SoulSilver for Christmas of 2009 andstarted playing immediately, curious as to what this 'Pokemon' game was. I got to Professor Elm's lab and read through ALL of his dialogue (since I had never played a Pokemon game before) and walked over to the funnel like table. I was introduced to three small, round, red and white balls on the table. One contained some kind of shrew-like creature with fire coming out of its back, named Cyndaquil. The next was a little blue crocodile named Totodile and the last was what looked like a little dino thing with a leaf on its head, named Chikorita. The moment I saw Chikorita, I immediately tapped the ball, otherwise known as a Poke Ball, that held Chikorita inside it and Chikorita became my first Pokemon, also the first Pokemon I ever got to Level 100

My Level 100 Meganium, Leaftastic, is still in my SoulSilver party to this very day. And even though I don't play SoulSilver much anymore, I'll never forget that day

I think around the time platinum came out,I got my first pokemon game for my birthday,pokemon diamond.

I was like five or four when I got it,so I still couldn't read well.As I saw the starters,I picked the first one I saw,a chimchar,who I named eve(Don't question the name!).I never got him to level one hundred,cause I didn't even get past the third gym.I waited for fantina to come back,and leveled my guys up as I went...eve was about level 70 when I allowed my sisters to wipe the save file...biggest mistake in gaming ever...

I got my first Pokemon game, Pokemon Emerald, about eight years ago. When I started the game, I did not know much about Pokemon so I just picked the one I liked the best which was a Treecko that ended up with the nickname Go. I sent him to SoulSilver and I still have him...

Hi all,

Oooo, fun Pokémon reminiscence thread! I am so in on this!

The first Pokémon game that I owned was Gold for the Game Boy Color. I was so excited for it, I got the gold Pikachu gameboy and I played it for hours a day when I first got it. My starter was Chikorita and I cannot remember what I named him but he was one of the few starters I've had that stayed with me the entire game.

Ah nostalgia!

I am a Pokemon guy from way back, got my first game Pokemon Blue version which i got back in March of 1999 lol. I chose charmander the first time trough and was a level up hawk lol. I had Charizard before i made it to the 4th GYM. By the time i got to the Elite 4 i would have a party that ranged from level 60-80. I then played red and yellow and tried the other starters but most of the time i continued to pick Charmander as my starter.

I've played Pokemon ever since it first came out, but the one that's become my favorite is Grovyle named Odd (although I love the entire evolution chain). I got Sapphire version, and chose Treecko as my starter. It was love at first sight when he evolved, and even into Sceptile. My love for him grew even more when I played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time. SPOILERS (If you haven't played the game XD): Because Grovyle was your partner when you were human in the game, and it was like having my friend from Sapphire version. I even have a plushie named Odd, too.

My first game was Pokemon Red, I think back when it first came out (it's been awhile). Started with Charmander, from which my love for Fire-types has grown. I remember getting him all the way to level 98 and I can't exactly recall what else I had or what levels they were. I just remember that Charizard. I still have the Red cartridge, but sadly, it's data has been erased.

For me it was Pokemon yellow that came with the Pikachu gameboy. my first pokemon was Pikachu and first wild pokemon was pidgey.

the good old days when u was thinking u had all the pokemon all 149 lol only to be told by a friend that there was one more after u did everything.And by that time u had all ready started over for the fun of it.lol

My first Pokémon came when I received a teal Gameboy Color and a copy of Pokémon Gold from JCPenny for Christmas in 2000. The starter I chose off the bat was Totodile. It was my favorite at the time, a staple of my team, and the cause of many sleepless nights. I had it for a couple years until a bully took my backpack on the school bus, removed the game from the handheld (which he threw to an end of the vehicle) and tossed the game out a window. I was so angry I cried since it was a great loss and the kid was never punished for anything he did.

Afterwards, I got a copy of Crystal, picked another Totodile, and today still try to have a Feraligatr on my team.

• 2 weeks later...

My first Pokémon in a game, if I am not wrong was a Squirtle, my parents made a gift for me : Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Blue Version, that was around 14 years ago... At that time I hadn't a Game Boy but played Pokémon Blue using the Transfer Pak that was included in Pokémon Stadium, oh sweet memories, I was about 7 years old at that time... Too I remember I got stuck in Vermillion City and never made to the Gym because I didn't knew I had to cut the tree... Some years later I got Red Version and conquered the Pokémon League n_n Since them I have played many of the other games, like Ruby, Pearl, Soul Silver and White for main series, though my favorite Pokémon games are the Mystery Dungeon ones.

Alright my list is long due to the fact I was a pokefan from the very start. I got gen 1 when it first hit america, man I feel old. My first game was Pokemon Red, natually I chose Charmander. Then Pokemon Yellow, and of course my surfing pikachu. Then I had Silver and instantly fell in love with chikorita. Then I had Pokemon Crystal but only rented it for a week and forgot who I chose on it. Next was Pokemon Sapphire and I got Torchic. Pokemon fire red and again, charmander. Then came Pearl( I wanted diamond but it was sold out) I had to get Turtwig, so cute. Then came Platinum, that time I chose piplup. Next I had SoulSilver and got cyndaquil. Then Pokemon Black and I got Ivy, my Snivy. Got Pokemon White 2 and again another Ivy, the snivy, now level 100 serperior. And finally Pokemon X with my fennikin named pyros. Forgive me if I left any out or the order is wrong. I have played almost every pokemon game out there, stadium, mystery dungeon, pinball, and rangers included.

Hey trainers!

My first Pokémon, like many of you, was Chikorita! I got my Chikorita on Pokémon Silver and kept him with me the entire game (Everstone in hand, of course - he is WAY too cute to evolve!).

That's where my love of grass Pokémon began. :) It's always a long and tough decision to pick the one grass type I'll have in my party.

Really? I always thought Meganium had some of the same toonish charm as Dragonite. Bayleef is kinda meh, but still.

That said, I went with Totodile. Lil' croc just had the perfect balance of cuteness and toughness in my eyes. Then he had to go evolve into that awful Croconaw, who looked like it was wearing a big ol' nappy. But then *dun Dun DUN* he became a pure [Content removed - posting profanity is not permitted. -Prof. Poplar], as Feraligatr. 'Bite' still has a distinctly Feraligatr feel to it, from my perspective.

Archived