Need Suggestions for a Darkrai Mewtwo Tornadus Deck

letsgomets123

Hey everyone,

I built a darkrai deck recently, but got pounded by decks with fighting types such as terakkion and landorus ex. I searched for a tech for fighting types, and I found tornadus ex, who is the only colorless type (i think) that is resistant to fighting types. I tried my straight darkrai deck with tornadus, but it didn't help against fighting types a whole lot because of it took a while to set him up and I found myself often using the b low through attack, which does a weak 60 damage if there is a stadium in play. One person suggested that I add a colress machine to get extra energy onto absol, but absol to me turns out to be more like a sacrifice in darkrai decks because he does 140 at the most if he has a dark claw attached and the opponent has a full bench. 140 isn't a bad amount, but this does not KO many ex's and with absol's low 100 hp, he is easily knocked out by most attacks. This idea was still weak to fighting decks as well. Next, I thought of an idea to add a mewtwo to the deck so I could add DCE and accelarate tornadus faster. I think this idea works the best so far, but I cannot decide if I should add a tornadus ex or add a mewtwo ex. Heres my list, I would appreciate any suggestions:)

Pokemon: 11

3 Darkrai

1 absol

1 tornadus ex (non-plasma)

1 Mewtwo ex

1 Mr. Mime (what I'm most likely going to sub out for another mewtwo or tornadus)

3 sableye ( do I need three or would two work?)

1 Keldeo

Supporters: 10

4 Juniper

3 n

1 Skyla

1 bianca

1 colress

Items: 26

4 dark patch

2 Enhanced hammer

1 random receiver

2 catcher

3 laser

1 Gold potion (considering switching out for either scramble switch or computer search)

1 super rod

2 dark claw

3 Ultra ball

2 energy switch

2 bicycle

1 energy search

1 escape rope (is this a good sub for catcher after the rules change for darkrai? I like it in this deck because you can escape rope and force your opponent to get KOD on the bench.)

1 tool scrapper

Stadiums: 2

2 Virbank

Energy: 11

3 Double Colorless energy (what should I get rid of to add a fourth)

8 darkness energy

Gold Potion?

A lot of people do not like my ace-spec choice. I originally chose gold potion with straight darkrai because if a darkrai has a lot of damage on it, and you don't want to attack and get knocked out the next turn, I thought it would be nice to have a gold potion and heal extra damage from it, to possibly give it an extra turn. I am considering adding either scramble switch or computer search and am having a tough time deciding which would work better. I am leaning towards scramble switch because I don't play any switch in this deck and also it loads up mewtwo and then he can x-ball for more. However, computer search is extremely good in all decks and many people think that it is too good to not take advantage of, especially in darkrai decks because you can use junk hunt to get it back and repeatedly search for any card every turn. Also, computer search lets you discard darkness energy from your hand, which helps dark patch.

Extra Tornadus or Mewtwo?

I am also having a tough time deciding if I should add a second mewtwo or if I should add a second tornadus. I feel that it might come down to my ace-spec choice, if I choose scramble switch, then I will add mewtwo and if I choose computer search, then I will add an extra tornadus.

Fourth DCE

I think that I need a fourth double colorless energy in this deck but I don't know what to get rid of. I do not want to get rid of a dark energy because I think eight is the minimum that should be in a darkrai deck.

I would appreciate it if someone could answer some of these questions for me and make any other changes that they think would work well. Thanks:)

gonna go out on a limb and suggest a real whacky tech idea based off the Top Cut:

so here are the cards in the deck I think you've been using to tech for fighting type:

1 Absol

1 Tornadus

1 Mewtwo

3 DCE

so what I'm thinking is maybe use another approach to handle the Fighting weakness, which is instead of defending against the weakness, you go offensive and just eliminate it?

so with 6 extra cards to switch around with I'm thinking of possibly adding in a 1-0-1 line of the Leavanny (NV/LT) family with maybe 2 rare candy and 1 Town Map perhaps? Basically we'll be using Leavanny's ability to eliminate darkrai's fighting weakness and play on even ground. the new rules mean that Leavanny is hard to catcher out and even if it does its 1 darkness energy from being saved( or a Rush In-Retreat) its a small line to run because you only will need it for matchups against mainly those 2 pokemon so on other matchups they can sorta work as discard fodder for Ultra balls and computer search. Speaking of Computer Search, I think its a nice option to go with if you're gonna try this idea out since the junk hunt ability coupled with it will help get Leavanny set up on the bench faster. The Town Map's is just a backup plan that if anything gets prized you know which prize cards to take to save yourself, could potentially be too late already but at least there's something to work on.

FYI I've never tried this idea out myself so I don't know how badly it might affect the consistency of the deck by doing something like this, just something to think about I guess

with regards to other questions:

I think Mr Mime still has a good role to play (PF Kyurem, Genesect EX, Landorus EX, Darkrai EX)

I think junk hunt's pretty important so 3 is good

gonna go out on a limb and suggest a real whacky tech idea based off the Top Cut:

so here are the cards in the deck I think you've been using to tech for fighting type:

1 Absol

1 Tornadus

1 Mewtwo

3 DCE

so what I'm thinking is maybe use another approach to handle the Fighting weakness, which is instead of defending against the weakness, you go offensive and just eliminate it?

so with 6 extra cards to switch around with I'm thinking of possibly adding in a 1-0-1 line of the Leavanny (NV/LT) family with maybe 2 rare candy and 1 Town Map perhaps? Basically we'll be using Leavanny's ability to eliminate darkrai's fighting weakness and play on even ground. the new rules mean that Leavanny is hard to catcher out and even if it does its 1 darkness energy from being saved( or a Rush In-Retreat) its a small line to run because you only will need it for matchups against mainly those 2 pokemon so on other matchups they can sorta work as discard fodder for Ultra balls and computer search. Speaking of Computer Search, I think its a nice option to go with if you're gonna try this idea out since the junk hunt ability coupled with it will help get Leavanny set up on the bench faster. The Town Map's is just a backup plan that if anything gets prized you know which prize cards to take to save yourself, could potentially be too late already but at least there's something to work on.

FYI I've never tried this idea out myself so I don't know how badly it might affect the consistency of the deck by doing something like this, just something to think about I guess

with regards to other questions:

I think Mr Mime still has a good role to play (PF Kyurem, Genesect EX, Landorus EX, Darkrai EX)

I think junk hunt's pretty important so 3 is good

That's a really good idea:) Ill try it out thx for the help. I may keep the absol though just in case I play a plasmaklang or suicune/sigilyph

yea why not, like I said I haven't tried this idea out myself, but it makes sense on paper.

K thx I'll try it out in my tourney tomorrow and tell you if it works well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived