Bug: Terrakion's Retaliate and Poison Damage

Pookaveli

I thought this was a known bug for a long time, but I don't see it listed anywhere, and it certainly isn't fixed. Here's what Terrakion's Retaliate says.

If any of your Pokémon were Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack during his or her last turn, this attack does 60 more damage.

Unfortunately, the extra damage still applies if a Pokémon is Knocked Out by Poison damage (or damage from Virbank City Gym). However, this occurs only if there was an attack for damage on that turn. I believe the game looks at it and says, "Was there an attack for damage? Yes. Was a Pokémon Knocked Out? Yes. Both conditions are met. Apply extra damage."

What really happens is that the damage is dealt, and then the KO happens between turns from Poison/Virbank; therefore, Retaliate should not get a boost. This is a game breaking bug that affects the entire complexion of the game, and it needs to be changed.

To clarify, the damage boost will not trigger if there is a KO from Poison/Virbank without an attack for damage on that turn. However, if the KO from Poison/Virbank happens right after an attack for damage, Retaliate will (incorrectly) do 60 extra damage.

I escalated this bug to the QA team a couple of weeks back when I saw it reported on another site and they were unable to reproduce it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was able to repro and will include the steps in the bug report.

• 1 month later...

This problem is still not solved. I attacked with Haxorus - Strike of the Champion to KO a Team Plasma Pokemon. My opponent could retaliate for 90.

This problem is still not solved. I attacked with Haxorus - Strike of the Champion to KO a Team Plasma Pokemon. My opponent could retaliate for 90.

yea I agree, Strike of the Champion should not be a damage dealing attack.

Hello trainers,

As this is not the same bug, I'll ask you to create a new thread describing the issue. It's much easier for us to track and investigate bugs if they are put in separate threads with clear subject.

I'll be closing this thread now since the original bug is on the Known Bugs list and the Dev team will be looking for a fix. Thanks for your understanding! :)

Archived