Sign in to follow this  
NinetynineTails

Any advice for purchasing boosters?

NinetynineTails

First of all, I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me how many cards are in the Black & White - Legendary Treasures booster pack. Seeing as it costs 195, which is just over double the other boosters(that hold 5), and the cards are trade-able, I would assume it holds 10, but I can't find anywhere that it says the amount to confirm that.

Also, is there anywhere you can view the specific content of each themed deck before buying them? If not, myself and others could really benefit from a thread where people post this information: there are a lot of options and I don't find the summaries explicit enough to make an informed decision. Not my place to post such a thread when I've not yet bought any decks, but I'm hoping someone who has is willing to do the community a favour.

Apart from that any opinions on the relative value of different decks or boosters are welcome. Q & A about particular packs or related issues would also be great.

kdoll154
First of all, I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me how many cards are in the Black & White - Legendary Treasures booster pack. Seeing as it costs 195, which is just over double the other boosters(that hold 5), and the cards are trade-able, I would assume it holds 10, but I can't find anywhere that it says the amount to confirm that.

Also, is there anywhere you can view the specific content of each themed deck before buying them? If not, myself and others could really benefit from a thread where people post this information: there are a lot of options and I don't find the summaries explicit enough to make an informed decision. Not my place to post such a thread when I've not yet bought any decks, but I'm hoping someone who has is willing to do the community a favour.

Apart from that any opinions on the relative value of different decks or boosters are welcome. Q & A about particular packs or related issues would also be great.

Holy arceus,someone who's a vet.!

Mod_Poplar

Hi NinetynineTails!

From the October Community Update:

Due to the complex collation scheme necessary to incorporate the Radiant Collection subset into Legendary Treasures, we are unable to offer the usual 5-card boosters for this expansion in the Trainer Token Shop. To ensure that players are still able to earn these cards through regular game play, we will be adding 10-card boosters from this expansion to the Shop for 195 Trainer Tokens. As with the 5-card boosters, these boosters and the cards contained inside will not be tradable. However, these will be exactly like boosters unlocked through code redemption in every other way, including containing parallel foil cards. We will resume the 5-card booster configuration for future expansions.

As for theme deck lists, there are plenty of online resources and helpful players here who would be happy to assist you! :)

Edited by Prof_Poplar

NinetynineTails

Thanks, should've just ran a search.

I found the Theme deck listings on Bulbapedia.

Having bought the BW - LT booster I have found the deck was locked, as were cards I received upon opening it. Is that meant to be the case(seeing as I bought it with earned tokens, rather than purchasing) or is this an error of some sort?

Is it even possible to trade earned cards? I avoided the 5 card packs(which at least have the decency to inform you they're cards are locked) for that exact reason and now I feel pretty duped. Did get a couple of good cards, namely Mew Ex, but there's so much stuff I need in order to build a competitive deck and all I can trade is the stuff I earned before the current system was in place.

Edited by NinetynineTails

Sign in to follow this