Normal Deck

Sorrel34

So I came up with trying to make a deck with Cincinno LT in it. I looked through my cards and came up with this

Pokemon Cards 14

Tornadus EX x1 PF or Lugia EX x1 PS (A heavy Hitter)

Bouffalant x2 DRX (EX protection plan)

Mincinno x3 LT (Helps get what I need)

Cincinno x3 LT (A chance Protection Pokemon)

Ruffet x2 DRX (Helps finds things)

Braivery x2 DRX (Another Hevy hitter, but Chance related)

Druddgon x1 LT (I actually won a battle with him in a practice match with no Energy out.)

Trainer Cards 32

Hypnotoxic Laser x4

Super Rod x2 (Grabs evo's or energy I need and help keeps deck full late game)

Level Ball x2 (Grabs pokemon I need)

Energy Switch x3 (Helps move the low energy around)

Colress Machine x4 (Get's me the energy for my EX)

Tierno x2

N x4

Prof. Juniper x1 (Only one just cause it's nice late game)

Aspertia City Gym x3 (Boosts all the pokemon's HP)

Champions Festival x3 (Heals damage is I got a full Bench)

Eviolite x3 (I wasn't sure if I needed this)

Life's Dew x1 (Makes my EX cards worth a normal pokemon to my opponent)

Energy Cards x14

DCE x4

Plasma Energy x4

Fairy Energy 6x (Just like the art)

So what can I do to improve? And which heavy hitter EX is better?

Should I put more energy in? Should I ditch the whole plan and build a net deck?

Any help is nice.:cool:

lugia doing 120 on his own and discarding plasma energy is actually really really bad, unless you expect yourself to be knocking out a lot of pokemon with 120 hp or below (which isn't the case given how most ex and evolved pokemon have more hp than that) and taking 2 prizes

both the tornadus EXs are worthy of consideration and possibly regigigas as well

why only 1 juniper?

way too many stadiums

probably needs some ultra balls

1 Juniper because I mill through the deck way way fast.

Maybe I'll bump the stadiums to two a piece?

Cincinno and Rufflet both offer fetches so I didn't see in why investing in Ultra balls. I would have to get rid of two cards that could be useful at a point in time. Though I could be wrong.

Thank you for pointing out Lugia EX would be useless.

1 Juniper because I mill through the deck way way fast.

Maybe I'll bump the stadiums to two a piece?

Cincinno and Rufflet both offer fetches so I didn't see in why investing in Ultra balls. I would have to get rid of two cards that could be useful at a point in time. Though I could be wrong.

Thank you for pointing out Lugia EX would be useless.

Well, there's often two ways to look at anything; sure you mill your deck to fast, but you could also say you don't finish the game quick enough. If you commit to a solid draw engine and have the power to follow it up then milling shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Keep the Aspertia Gym and drop Champions Festival, as the latter can help the opponent but you'll always get more than them from Apertia. That said it depends whether you want to stick to pure Colourless or simply a deck that mostly uses colourless energy. Aerodactyl, for example, uses colourless energy and is perfect support for Lugia(same ability as Deoxys and won't cost you half your collection). Tends to stay on your back-row anyway, but you get my meaning.

As for the Ultra Balls you get 2 for free if you unlock the cards in the Fire starter. You should unlock all the starter cards anyway, as they have trainers and so forth which are good to have. Mincinno does have Call for Family, but that takes up an attack and Ultra Ball is always handy to grab exactly what you need. Also keep in mind that Rufflet can only search pokemon with Fighting resistance, which isn't comparable to grabbing any pokemon. Ultra ball is a good fallback because it can grab anything and, being an item, works instantly.

Lugia Ex is not useless he's just not an 'OHK machine'. Support him or just switch him in for the KO and he can be devastating. 120 is still big, just not enough to make him turn crush.

Also might be an idea to look into Porygon-Z. You'd need Rare Candy but it would allow you to stack Plasma Energy on Tornadus from whichever pokemon. Best not to rely on him completely but it does make getting 4 Plasma Energy on him a bit more realistic, not accounting for Prize selection.

Another cool pokemon is Raticate. It comes in the Fire starter also and drops enough damage counters to leave your opponents pokemon on 10 health. Combine it with Laser and that's an automatic KO.

Archived