Abilities working from the discard pile

Zombie_Plan

Hi, I've done a search and was unable to find anything about "abilities" or "discard" that fit this, so I figured a new thread was in order.

I first came across this problem with Celebi EX, where despite it being dead, people were still able to utilize it's ability to use pre-evolutionary attacks (In the case of my match, Vibrava's attack in conjunction with Flygon's ability).

Most recently, I've found this problem with Spiritomb. I had one active, it got killed and despite being in the discard I was unable to use Master Ball.

I am not sure how many other abilities have this problem, but it's still quite gamebreaking having these things work from the discard, for both myself and my opponent.

Hello trainers!

I've escalated the issue with Spiritomb's ability still working from the discard pile, but I can't reproduce the bug you've mentioned with Celebi-EX's ability still working. Last week, I escalated a similar bug with Flygon and Celebi-EX where knocking out one Celebi-EX prevented a second Celebi-EX's ability from working on Flygon. I'm guessing these bugs would be related. Any more information would be greatly appreciated.

As always, thanks for your reports!

• 1 month later...
Hello trainers!

I've escalated the issue with Spiritomb's ability still working from the discard pile, but I can't reproduce the bug you've mentioned with Celebi-EX's ability still working. Last week, I escalated a similar bug with Flygon and Celebi-EX where knocking out one Celebi-EX prevented a second Celebi-EX's ability from working on Flygon. I'm guessing these bugs would be related. Any more information would be greatly appreciated.

As always, thanks for your reports!

http://i.imgur.com/t4CLmZ7.png

Screenshot of the Celebi EX thing happening. Basically, last turn he knocked it out, yet this turn I am able to use Charmeleon's Raging Claw on my Charizard. You can see Celebi EX is not on the bench.

Hi Zombie_Plan!

Thanks for the extra information! I'll be escalating this to the Dev team for review and closing this thread in the meantime. If you have any other bugs to report, please create a new thread.

Thanks again for your report!

Archived