WARGREYMON TOP DECKS of 2014

War_greymon

TOP DECKS OF 2014

Here I list what decks I think are the best. They will be sorted according to tiers. I will also put what I think is the BDIF

KING OF THE HILL:

DARKRAI

Tier 1

DARKRAI

Sable-eye/Darkrai Ex/ hammers

Variant:

garbordor

absol

keldeo ex

Zoroark

Hydreigon

PLASMA TDK

Thundurus/Deoxys/Kyurem

Variant:

keldeo

ACCELEGOTH

Gothithielle/Accelegor/Mew Ex

Variant:

Munna/Mushrana

VIRGEN

Virizion ex/Genesect ex

Variant:

Mewtwo

Drifblim

BLASTIE

Blastoise/Keldeo Ex

Tech:

Black Kyurem ex

Mewtwo ex

Articuno ex

BIG BASICSLandorus ex/Tornadus ex/Mewtwo ex

Variant:

Drifblim

Tier 2

TOOLDROP

Sigilyph/Garbordor/Masquerain

Variant:

Royal Heal

Serperior/ Champion Festival

Variant:

Virizion

Reuniculus

Cofagarius/Shaymin

Variant:

Flareon

Damage Shift

Reuniculus

Variants:

Chandelure (fire)/Reshiram

White Kyurem EX/Victini EX/Reshiram

Empoleon/Dusknoir

Variant:

Leafeon/Flareon

Landorus ex

Suicune/Terrakion

Variant:

Flareon/Audino

Variant;

Many- Drifblim, Cofagarius, terakion, leafeon, zoroark, excegute

Emboar/Rayquaza Ex

Variant:

Reshiram

Victini

Mewtwo

Garchomp/Altaria

Variant:

Quad-garchomp

Klingklang/Cobalion ex

Variant:

TIER 3

Weavile/Execegute/Electrode

Variant:

Darkrai ex

Flareon

Dragonite

Variant:

Garbordor

Anti-Ex Wall

Suicune/Sigilyph/Lasers

Variant:

Blastoise

Gardevoir

Porygon-Z (PLB)/ Tornadus Ex (PLF)

Variant:

Flygoin (BCR)/ Dusknoir (BCR)

Variant:

Zebstrika (NXD)/ Garbordor (DRX)

Snorlax/Laser/Virbank

Variant:

Heatmor

Variant:

Victini ex, Entei ex

Raticate

Variant:

Laser/Stunfisk

Laser/Sable-eye

Aggron (DEX) /Sable eye/Darkrai

Variant:

Kling klang, durant

Ho-oh ex/ Energy switch

Variant:

Many: Mewtwo ex, sigi, terrakion

Ninetales (DRX), Amoonguss (NXD)

Variant:

Crobat/Scolipede/Virbank

Variant:

Beartic/Umbreon

*** I WILL ADD MORE AND ELABORATE ON THEM AS I HAVE TIME. I AM A RELATIVELY NEW PLAYER AND HAVE NOT HAD THE TIME TO PERFECT MANY OF THESE. I WILL ALSO ADD MORE DECK TYPES THAT I THINK***

DEBATE OF THE WEEK

Return of energy switch, hammers, and catcher errata. Darkrai looks like the BDIF and deck to play in tournaments

The question is:

WHAT IS THE BEST DARKRAI VARIANT TO PLAY?

I personal favorite is Darkrai/Hydreigon/Virizion with tool scrappers and max potions. Overall best balance

Close 2nd for me:

DARKRAI GARBORDOR

DARKRAI ZOROARK

STRAIGHT DARKRAI W SABLEEYE

DARKRAI ABSOL

the weavile one has a couple variants I think:

I believe the generic one runs it with darkrai

but other variants include running it with flareon

and another variant runs with electrode

lately also seeing the Kyurem EX variant of Blastoise lately, not sure how viable it is tho

The weavile one I have seen a couple with the fossil pokemon that put the cards back in the deck.

Empoleon/Dusknoir there's two types, the typical one with landorus ex and the newer ones uses leafeon/flareon.

I personally have White Kyurem EX/Victini EX/Reshiram and reuniclus, goal is to regulate the dmg on white kyurem ex(white inferno) or reshiram(outrage) with reuniclus so you can get exact knockouts. If you have excess dmg, you can put the dmg counters and put them on a bench pokemon to max potion off. More viable now since reuniclus is no longer catcher bait.

The weavile one I have seen a couple with the fossil pokemon that put the cards back in the deck.

Empoleon/Dusknoir there's two types, the typical one with landorus ex and the newer ones uses leafeon/flareon.

I personally have White Kyurem EX/Victini EX/Reshiram and reuniclus, goal is to regulate the dmg on white kyurem ex(white inferno) or reshiram(outrage) with reuniclus so you can get exact knockouts. If you have excess dmg, you can put the dmg counters and put them on a bench pokemon to max potion off. More viable now since reuniclus is no longer catcher bait.

I see. before catcher, I personally used a variant of Reuniculus, Chandelure Fire, and reshiram. Used festival, mirror, max potion

• 4 weeks later...

Well Sableye will be out of rotation in 2014 so it's probably going to become Darkrai and Yveltal Ex(who's very similar to Mewtwo Ex but being Dark type lends him the support of Dark Patch).

Aegislash is another contender for a nice deck(from Japanese promos translated at Bulbapedia). One Aegislash has a damaging guaranteed defense ability(like Agility but without the coin flip) and the other is a strong attacker, but you can swap them from hand(Change Stance ability) to make for a single Pokemon that's hard to beat. Stage 2 but easily able to compete with Pokemon Ex meaning he'd plus nicely. Honedge, which we already have, is quite nice, too.

Also, I'd to mention it, but you've got a little mistake there. Tool Drop is Sigilyph, Trubbish and Masquerain. Trubbish has Tool Drop, not Garbodor. Could put Celebi Ex/Garbodor variant if you like, but I haven't actually seen that and lack the cards to try it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, did you guys see the new Gourgeist card from XY!!! This card is awesome, I bet my whatever that this card WILL BE in a tier 1 deck with Damage Swap Reuniclus and Sinister Hand Dusknoir. I mean c'mon! This thing is the soul definition of what these two cards need to team up together! Place this along with Royal Heal Serperior and BAM, this thing will become 3-4 packs on day 1, maybe even 8! This thing is just awesome, plain awesome. P.S. The new Trevenent from XY will replace Gothielle with Magic Room because Trevenent is only stage 1! Goes great with the new Evolution Soda, XY's rares will be true game changers! Let's just hope people don't start spamming Mega Evolution decks...

[TABLE]

[TD=class: medium, width: 15%, align: center]psychic.png[/TD]

[TD="class: **************** Voice[/b]

Put 2 damage counters on each of your opponent's Pokémon

[/TD]

[TD=class: main, colspan: 2, align: center][/TD]

[TD=colspan: 4, align: center]

[/TD]

[TD=class: medium, width: 15%, align: center]psychic.pngpsychic.png[/TD]

[TD=class: medium]Soul Scream

Put damage counters on both your & the Defending Pokémon until each Pokémon's remaining HP is 10.[/TD]

[/TABLE]

There's no real point using Reuniclus with Gourgeist. You can't shuffle damage off a KO'd Pokemon and with only 10 health remaining he will almost always get knocked out. He does work well with Dusknoir, in that the deck would be indifferent to an opposing Mr Mime(similar to Flygon/Dusknoir currently), but Reuniclus does practically nothing for the deck.

It's his first attack that will make him intimidating; his second will simply be used when you know he's going to bite the dust next turn and you want some attrition. Still neat to have that capability as a fallback, and it could be nice with a Catcher-stall tactic, but it's not like Raticate decks are Tier 1, so don't get too focused on that.

Another deck with good potential will be a medley of Pokemon with Aromatisse and Rainbow Energy, similar to Klinklang. Able to exploit all weakness types and not limited by normal energy constraints.

Apart from that Fire decks now have Delphox, with the same Ability Magnezone previously had, which found it's place in a tournament winning deck of the time. It won't necessarily be a Fire deck that gets the most out of it, either; that sort of draw effect is plenty by itself and Fire decks tend to advantage from Energy engines, as shown by RayBoar. That said the draw advantage may well be enough to justify both Stage 2's, especially considering Delphox shares Keldeo Ex's capability to double as an attacker.

The Mega Pokemon aren't actually that amazing. They have big health, sure, but the cost to play them is probably too steep in most cases. You could maybe make a Dsuknoir/Flygon deck that used Mega Blastoise, but they're not really going to make much of an impact seeing as the turn delay gives your opponent the advantage they need to compensate for how tankish the Mega's are..

• 2 weeks later...

With the errata to Pokemon Catcher and the release of VirizionEX Accelgor/Gothitelle died, you're no longer guaranteed to be able to drag up and stall a KeldeoEX in place and anything running VirizionEX will be an autoloss or close to, Hydreigon and Aromatisse variants running Rainbow Energy will tech it and be immune, I'd put it down to tier 2.

PalkiaEX/Trevenant will replace Accelgor running Muscle Band and DeoxysEX to hit 90 with PalkiaEX allowing you to 2 shot EX's and switch to Trevenant for Item lock.

Catcher errata easily bumps RayBoar up to tier 1.

Tier 2 should be much smaller imo, or move some things out, if Empoleon isn't tier 1 then ot needs a 1.5 section because it's a much better deck than what's listed in Tier 2 or move a lot of stuff from Tier 2 down.

Big basics isn't tier 1, pretty much everything else is just as big and has acceleration, the format is too varied for big basics to hit everything for weakness which is what made is tier 1.

I'd split up some variants as seperate decks, just because all of those decks run DarkraiEX doesn't mean they play anywhere close to the same way, keep hammers as a variant under Darkrai, Garbodor is questionable, personally I'd seperate it and definitely put Hydreigon seperate with a Rainbow Energy + techs variant.

Need a misc section for new decks that need testing when XY is released, including Aegislash, Delphox/Emboar, M VenusaurEX/Reuniclus/Champions Festival, XerneasEX/Aromatisse with Rainbow/Energy + techs variant.

• 2 weeks later...

With the errata to Pokemon Catcher and the release of VirizionEX Accelgor/Gothitelle died, you're no longer guaranteed to be able to drag up and stall a KeldeoEX in place and anything running VirizionEX will be an autoloss or close to, Hydreigon and Aromatisse variants running Rainbow Energy will tech it and be immune, I'd put it down to tier 2.

PalkiaEX/Trevenant will replace Accelgor running Muscle Band and DeoxysEX to hit 90 with PalkiaEX allowing you to 2 shot EX's and switch to Trevenant for Item lock.

Catcher errata easily bumps RayBoar up to tier 1.

Tier 2 should be much smaller imo, or move some things out, if Empoleon isn't tier 1 then ot needs a 1.5 section because it's a much better deck than what's listed in Tier 2 or move a lot of stuff from Tier 2 down.

Well, I disagree about Palkia replacing Accelgor. Palkia costs one more energy to attack and unless you want to run Colress Machines, Accelgor is cheaper and if you're gonna run Plasma energies, you may as well badge Accelgor and that would make Deck and Cover MUCH more consistent due to a higher energy count. Not to mention yes, Trevenant is very good, but I dont think it will entirely replace Gothitelle, simply because 110 HP is too easy to OHKO in a format dominated by strong psychic/dark cards, of which one of those is Trevenant's weakness surely. Id much rather candy up for the Gothitelle and save my item lock for when its needed just to have the extra 20 HP in today's Modified. However, I do agree that there needs to be a tier 1.5, and i think that Empoleon is there, as well as Flygon and really anything that techs Dusknoir in general. Also I think Klinklang does deserve a mention. Although it suffers from some bad matchups and poor acceleration, I think it's tier 2 just because of Registeel variants which are much easier to attack with. I do believe Dusknoir could have some sway there as well and id like to see someone attempt that build in the near future. Also, GardyCats is a very underrated deck and i believe it merits some sort of tier placing if it does not have one already.

Archived