12/12 wins for booster unlock

spacehyena

Hey everyone,

Just a question, wasn't sure whether this has been addressed anywhere but could do with some clarification on the issue.

Winning 12 matches with a theme deck in Trainer Challenge previously awarded the player with a free booster, but there was a bug that meant that boosters were only awarded for the standard decks (Basic Orange, Rallying Cry, Power Relay etc) and none that the player had purchased (Cold Fire, Ice Shock, Frost Ray etc.).

Since the last update however I notice that none of my old decks display the "wins until booster" counter, and only show the "36 wins" and "deck unlocks" counters. My Chespin deck, however, shows the wins until booster. I'm assuming that the other X/Y decks are the same.

Has the 12 wins for all old decks been scrapped in light of the X/Y releases, and if so, will there be a way for players to claim boosters that were not awarded due to the bug?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere! :)

well it's true that some deck themes like frost ray and solar strike for example now have the 11/11 wins in order to unlock these decks and i afraid this spacehyena is only useful for new players because the old and no new users has usually unlock already these decks with spending tokens on the shop!!

well it's true that some deck themes like frost ray and solar strike for example now have the 11/11 wins in order to unlock these decks and i afraid this spacehyena is only useful for new players because the old and no new users has usually unlock already these decks with spending tokens on the shop!!

Thanks for your reply, but I think you may have misunderstood me! I'm talking about winning 12 matches with a theme deck to unlock a free booster pack :)

thats mysterious... I've just bought Thursday a Psycrucher Deck in a store and 2 other deckcodes and could perfectly win 12 matches and get the boosterpack...

• 3 weeks later...

Well power relay not exist anymore for new users anyway and also perhaps dev team decide to remove this deck theme for trainer challenge on the next updates!! Well i recommended better to report it on the bug section!! I personal was lucky and unlock a random booster pack using power relay when the free redeem code give power relay and not rallying cry deck!!

I just finished the rallying cry 12/12 but it didn't give me a booster. In addition, I did the 36/36 basic blue but it didn't give me anything. Might be a bug.

I just read that I can unlock boosters by winning 12 times with the theme decks. Tried it with Power Relay and didn't get no booster

Same issue for me. Power Relay, 12/12, no booster.

Well if this happen also with rallying cry then is true that there is a bug and dev team must fix it on the next update except we are able to unlock a random booster pack after 12/12 wins only when we use a deck theme we buy with tokens on shop!!

I didn't get a booster from rallying call or power relay. But I did get a booster from each of the 3 Kalos decks. (I brought the decks and used a code to unlock them in the game if it makes a difference).

Hi guys,

I'm gonna try and clarify this situation if I can.

The decks available in the Trainer Challenge that are obtained freely through the game by any means do not have deck unlock capabilities at this time. These decks include:

Basic Red

Basic Blue

Basic Green

Black & White: Basic Red

Black & White: Basic Blue

Black & White: Basic Green

Power Relay

Rallying Cry

However, any decks that are purchased either in real life and redeemed through the shop, or through tokens, etc; these decks should unlock a booster pack after the listed number of wins in the Trainer Challenge.

I hope this info helped!

Thanks Prof_Thistle!! So guys who not yet interesting to buy with original money redeem deck themes at least they can completely free use the redeemed deck themes through tokens and use these decks to unlock a random booster pack after 12/12 wins!!

Hi guys,

I'm gonna try and clarify this situation if I can.

The decks available in the Trainer Challenge that are obtained freely through the game by any means do not have deck unlock capabilities at this time. These decks include:

Basic Red

Basic Blue

Basic Green

Black & White: Basic Red

Black & White: Basic Blue

Black & White: Basic Green

Power Relay

Rallying Cry

However, any decks that are purchased either in real life and redeemed through the shop, or through tokens, etc; these decks should unlock a booster pack after the listed number of wins in the Trainer Challenge.

I hope this info helped!

That's the problem I'm having; none of the theme decks I purchased (both in real life and with tokens) are unlocking booster packs. I'm not even seeing the "wins until booster" counter. I did submit a ticket and was told simply that it was a bug and would be fixed in a future update. I understand the team has other priorities, but would you perhaps be able to give us any information regarding a likely timescale for this bug? :]

I think the booster pack only applies to the deck you brought after the update came in.

When they first put the update in all of my decks except the basic 6 basic element decks were showing 0/12 for the booster pack unlock and 0/36 for wins (I had 36 wins with them all before).

I tried with the Nightfall deck but didn't get anything for 12 wins. I tried a few more game with it and got 17/36 wins but still nothing. I sent a ticket and they said an update was expected to solve the problem. So until they solved it I didn't try any other decks.

In the next update all my decks went back to 36/36 wins and 11/11 deck unlocks except for nightfall which stayed at 12/12 booster unlocks and 17/36 wins. I finished the other 19 wins to get it to 36/36 wins then it changed to 11/11 deck unlocks and 36/36 wins like the others.

However the 3 Kalos starter decks all were showing the booster unlock and win total option. I got the booster at 12 wins just fine and then finished the 36 wins. All 3 decks are still showing the booster menu. (Obviously I could only get these decks in game when the update happened so I couldn't have had them before)

• 3 weeks later...

i bought a plasma shadow theme deck in real life and redeemed it in the PTCGO. and yeah, i won 12 times in the trainer challenge and earned no packs even though there was this sign --> "wins until booster: 12/12"

that sign disappeared since the last two update......

Archived