Game crashes whenever i try to enter the packs section

GuigoXD123

Please help, i cant open any packs or decks beacuse the game keeps crashing everytime i try to enter the packs section. everything else works without any problems, so i dont know what to do.

Hey folks,

Sorry to hear about your crashing issues. :( Seems to be going around a bit since last week's update.

A couple of notes...

-Please feel free to contact Customer Support, the link is in my signature. Please locate your "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder (Windows search should find it), and see if there are dated folders in the TCGO folder. A dated folder will look something like this "2013-08-02_184936". If you manage to locate such a folder, please attach your error.log file to your support ticket.

-Unfortunately, TCGO does not yet feature support for Windows 8.

-Please make sure that you have the newest display driver for your video card, downloaded from the manufacturer's website.

-Some things you can try include lowering your desktop resolution. Right click on your desktop, select resolution and try 1024x768. If you may it in to TCGO, please set game performance to "Fastest" and lower your in-game resolution (again, try 1024x768) to ensure that crashing does not continue.

-If you continue to have issues, please check your current refresh rate. Again, right click on your desktop, selection resolution, then go to the "advanced" section. Click on the "monitor" tab and try lowering your refresh rate to 60 if it is set above 60.

If all else fails, the majority of issues are resolved by doing a full uninstall. Unfortunately, the game does not always remove the all of its associated files when it is uninstalled. Reinstalling the game while those files are still present can create a conflict within the program. This is a known issue and the development team is working on a fix for it.

Until the development team can put a fix in place, you can do a "full" uninstall by following the steps below:

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\your user name\AppData.
  3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4. Empty your Recycle Bin.

Once you've completed this process, grab the latest installer from http://www.Pokémontcg.com/download and reinstall the game.

Archived