Forfeit Penalization

booboo129

Is anyone else tired of their opponent forfeiting after 3 or so minutes of game play? It's such a waste of time, and happens quite frequently! There should be a minimum game play time requirement before you can quit, so tokens are not lost. Or it should cost the quitter X amount of tokens, to forfeit early, and the winner should be awarded their match tokens. The cost of tokens to quit, would disable the ability to spam collect tokens via a collaboration between two players.

no, i see where you are coming from, I myself also find the continues conceding very annoying but there should not be any form of penalty for doing so. There are many good reasons to stop playing, for example, your opponent is just stalling, or just rubbing it in or maybe that person is a complete ***** and or rude or insulting. also you should be able to concede a lost game, I'm not going to waste another 5-10 minutes playing out a complete battle when the game is lost anyways. Maybe the opponent should become AI controlled after one quits but that would be a lot of work for the dev team...

not this rubbish again, go look for all the old threads on this. its been discussed over and over already. conceding is allowed, stop being a sore winner.

They should add a "Admit Defeat" button so the other player automatically gets a token.
Cant do that they need to prevent farming, that's why we have the 5 min time.

not this rubbish again, go look for all the old threads on this. its been discussed over and over already. conceding is allowed, stop being a sore winner.

To be honest, I don't even have that great of a deck. I'm assuming people are dealt poor hands, and pull out because they can't make anything of it. That's the game, sometimes you get a bad deal. It's annoying when you spend 4 minutes setting up your cards, only for someone to pull out before the 5 minute requirement, wasting other's attempt at gaining trainer tokens. There should be some type of penalization if you forfeit BEFORE the 5 minute requirement. I can play for an hour and gain 0 tokens, because people just forfeit before the minimum time requirement. It's beyond frustrating.

in the real card game people are allowed to forfeit anytime they want and the difference I see for this is because there are tokens at stake here. So basically you're saying because you could stand to lose tokens other people are forced to stay in a game? sometimes I feel this game would be a lot better if it just awarded the daily free tokens so that the sore winner syndrome would go away.

You've "played" something approaching over 30 games if you've played for an hour without any tokens. You could in theory just use another slower deck that just stalls to get tokens for 5 minutes and then just play the rest of your games normally.

Sometimes people have to go for life reasons, or bad internet connections, it's unfair to penalize them.

I find it very annoying. I always get people who chicken out on every game i play whenever they see that I am using my assassination rogue deck(a deck that is heavy on poisoning) before i even make an attack. I am not a sore winner, I just hate quitters.

its ok to find it annoying. its not ok to think people should be penalised just because you think your time is more important than everyone else's

5 mins stall time? then why is it im down to my last prize at 18:45 but i didnt get any prize.. im starting to hate tcg because of this.. i might go back to magic..

5 mins stall time? then why is it im down to my last prize at 18:45 but i didnt get any prize.. im starting to hate tcg because of this.. i might go back to magic..

you sure you're playing the game for the game and not for the tokens?

you sure you're playing the game for the game and not for the tokens?

what do you mean? at 18:45 i only have 1 prize left. the opponent has 6 more.. he has 2 ex's and i only have empleon.. but then before i finish my turn he quits..

what I mean is you're playing it purely for the sake of getting tokens rather than to just have some fun

in theory you should get tokens for that scenario. if you didn't it has nothing to do with your opponent quitting early.

also, just curious but how does Magic punish their forfeiters?

Cant do that they need to prevent farming, that's why we have the 5 min time.

Only being able to get 10 tokens a day prevents farming. We don't need the 5 min time as well. It should be removed. I'm tired of having to play 10 matches before I finally have one that actually lasts more than 5 minutes.

Only being able to get 10 tokens a day prevents farming. We don't need the 5 min time as well. It should be removed. I'm tired of having to play 10 matches before I finally have one that actually lasts more than 5 minutes.

removing the 5 minute limits allows for token farming isn't it? just randomly get matched and concede for free tokens.

if what you mean is limit 10 tokens to be the max a person can earn in a game each day then yea that'll stop the farming dead in the tracks, but I think it'll cause a lot of people to play the game less because they play the game purely to grind tokens.

removing the 5 minute limits allows for token farming isn't it? just randomly get matched and concede for free tokens.

if what you mean is limit 10 tokens to be the max a person can earn in a game each day then yea that'll stop the farming dead in the tracks, but I think it'll cause a lot of people to play the game less because they play the game purely to grind tokens.

If you concede you don't get any tokens though, so how can you farm tokens by conceding? And isn't 10 already the max per day? Or do you get 1 token in matches after that? I just don't really see why the 5 minute limit is necessary when there isn't anyway to farm tokens by conceding.

I think something should be done about the way match tokens are received as it relates to rage quitting. If your opponent quits out it seems before you both take a prize (not sure on the exact number) it doesn't always give you your tokens for the match. This should change and the opponent should also forfeit up any tokens they may have been eligible to win had they played and won. So pretty much the opponent who stuck with the game should get compensated for wasting there time in the match. How often do you see someone at a real tournament just jump up from the table in the middle of a match because somebody just pulled off a devastating combo. People should show the same respect to there opponent in a virtual environment. And we all know the difference between the rage quit and someone who is ahead or even on prizes and actually have to go and do something else. I get so many turn one quits when i play certain decks. Sometimes before i even play a card down.

If you concede you don't get any tokens though, so how can you farm tokens by conceding? And isn't 10 already the max per day? Or do you get 1 token in matches after that? I just don't really see why the 5 minute limit is necessary when there isn't anyway to farm tokens by conceding.

if you concede after 5 minutes into the game you still get the 1 token. so just last over 5 minutes then conede will allow you to farm tokens faster than if u played out every match till the end

10 is the rewards you get for the first match of the day, you can earn unlimited single tokens by playing more after that.

Neochamp25, there are players in real tournaments that just forfeit their first game when they lost the starting coin flip to go first just so they can go first in the second game.

also I would say that sometimes people quit in the first game because they saw what deck you're using and they're not interested in playing against that deck. Unfortunately in the online tcg you cannot choose your opponents so you don't know who you're facing until you start a game. A pro player looking to test his tournament deck in the online tcg will probabaly not be interested in playing whacky decks that might be more fun to play but almost non-viable in a real tournament scenario. They're not necessarily afraid of your deck,they're just uninterested to play it. and they should have a right to not play against it.

if you concede after 5 minutes into the game you still get the 1 token. so just last over 5 minutes then conede will allow you to farm tokens faster than if u played out every match till the end

Then why don't they simply not give you a token if you concede, even if it's been 5 minutes? You shouldn't be rewarded for conceding.

Then why don't they simply not give you a token if you concede, even if it's been 5 minutes? You shouldn't be rewarded for conceding.

dunno, I don't make the game, I'm just stating the facts.

Its probably just to acknowledge the losing player for putting an effort to holding out past 5 minutes. Conceding is just the same as losing the game so don't make a big fuss out of it.

also just wondering, if a player got totally wiped out by you in under 5 minutes (ie you get no tokens for winning) should we penalise them as well for wasting our time?

I'd say a three minute match with six turns per player should be the requirement for tokens. It would be a deterrent to those steamroller matches where it is a full team of EX versus a Weedle and two Poliwag in the "Novice" section. We want to see effort from both sides, right?

Conceding or winning under the time/turn gets nothing, nor would conceding after the limit if no prizes were drawn. However, conceding after the limit would earn a token while the winner earns six (five for a normal victory; consider it a bonus if you beat them into submission).

Also, the matches are scored similarly to the Trainer Challenge. Perhaps making a baseline in the score could be used to gauge how many tokens players should get in a match.

I'd say a three minute match with six turns per player should be the requirement for tokens. It would be a deterrent to those steamroller matches where it is a full team of EX versus a Weedle and two Poliwag in the "Novice" section. We want to see effort from both sides, right?

Conceding or winning under the time/turn gets nothing, nor would conceding after the limit if no prizes were drawn. However, conceding after the limit would earn a token while the winner earns six (five for a normal victory; consider it a bonus if you beat them into submission).

Also, the matches are scored similarly to the Trainer Challenge. Perhaps making a baseline in the score could be used to gauge how many tokens players should get in a match.

1. in regards to no rewards for no prize taken, my aggron deck works by decking ppl out, not taking prizes, so i can't concede because i didn't take prizes?

2. what about the player who made the effort to persist through the limit but didn't manage to get any prizes? does he not deserve something for his efforts?

3. I think rewarding the winner to such a large difference just encourages people to play generic decks that have a good chance of winning, at least with the current system you're still rewarded for making an effort to try a weird deck, even though you don't win the game, at least your efforts counted for something. I can agree with the winner getting something more than the loser but I would not agree with such a large difference, especially considering there are a lot of players who do not pay and are slaving away at the bottom of the food chain, to make the rich richer would not be a good thing.

Guest ArtichokeCat

Tokens tokens tokens...i don't use them because i don't need to. i never concede because it kills the fun, and fun is what the game's all about, right?

Archived