more problems than ever

aretwo626

ive never had more trouble in loading a simple match and also evrytime someone quits on me i have to wait some time before i can i can play or trade its like they fix one thing and break 10 in the proces come on guys step it up this is frustrating

I actually enjoy the set up but because this is beta, theres going to be more lows than highs. I also dislike this feature but find it fair because I dislike when people stall or d/c on purpose instead of clicking concede.

Hello trainers:

patience!

Prof_Tech

YARGH!!! psywalk.gif

"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right"

Isaac Asimov

I THINK I know what the issue is. Know this message when starting up Online?

"Please be aware the 're-connect to game' feature is not working as intended. Disconnects may not be able to join any game for up to five minutes."

As it seems like, when someone DCs, you now have to wait FIVE minutes (which seems small in theory but is ALOT in practice) because there's now some kind of "grace" period for DCers being able to reconnect in 5 minutes (which doesn't work as intended), and I guess then you get the win? If you DC, then you can ONLY reconnect to that game or something.

Great to see it's not the previously-mentioned 10 minutes (god that would've been a nightmare), but 5 minutes is still way too much. 1 minute should be plenty: it takes less than half a minute to restart the game, so if one's connection's down for, say, 10 seconds which is acceptable, that player can easily reconnect. If their connection's down for minutes, then it should be: "Sorry, but other players should not have to suffer for your bad connection".

So, yeah. If a prof read this: Please, I have to urge again to make this ONE minute. 5 minutes just makes dishonest DCers (which are the VAST majority of DCers) sit there and laugh at you.

I THINK I know what the issue is. Know this message when starting up Online?

"Please be aware the 're-connect to game' feature is not working as intended. Disconnects may not be able to join any game for up to five minutes."

As it seems like, when someone DCs, you now have to wait FIVE minutes (which seems small in theory but is ALOT in practice) because there's now some kind of "grace" period for DCers being able to reconnect in 5 minutes (which doesn't work as intended), and I guess then you get the win? If you DC, then you can ONLY reconnect to that game or something.

Great to see it's not the previously-mentioned 10 minutes (god that would've been a nightmare), but 5 minutes is still way too much. 1 minute should be plenty: it takes less than half a minute to restart the game, so if one's connection's down for, say, 10 seconds which is acceptable, that player can easily reconnect. If their connection's down for minutes, then it should be: "Sorry, but other players should not have to suffer for your bad connection".

So, yeah. If a prof read this: Please, I have to urge again to make this ONE minute. 5 minutes just makes dishonest DCers (which are the VAST majority of DCers) sit there and laugh at you.

Message Removed

Sorry for saying how to bypass it, I kinda knew my post would be removed, but I guess now that the GM's know of the exploit/work-around etc, it'll be fixed :)

I think five minutes is good. One player and I both disconnected (him first) then reconnected when ever we tried to play again, so we finished our game. Plus, when the rankings really work, then doing something else for five minutes to get the win, and the points, will be worth it - and less time than the game would have taken anyway.

Five minutes seems like a long time and the trouble I have found with going and doing something else when a player disconnects is that sometimes I get given a loss? So my opponent disconnects and I end up losing .. not funny especially after a longish wait.

What really bugs me is the same people disconnecting on me time and time again when the option to ignore people starts working then I can see some of the serial dqers will find it hard to get a game :D

Hello trainers:

If you encounter an issue or other valuable information regarding Pokémon TCGO, please go to the “How to file a bug report” forum post.

psyduck.gif[/b][/i]

We appreciate your help and assistance!

Prof_Tech

Robot Sky Pirate Moderator YARGH!!!

"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right"

Isaac Asimov

I think five minutes is good. One player and I both disconnected (him first) then reconnected when ever we tried to play again, so we finished our game. Plus, when the rankings really work, then doing something else for five minutes to get the win, and the points, will be worth it - and less time than the game would have taken anyway.

Hence I suggested 1 minute. That's more than double the time you need to reconnect. So unless you're loitering around (you should reconnect ASAP) or unless your connection's down for half a minute or so (that's just too long. There's a point where you must think of the one who didn't lose connection, and not only of the one who did. With 5 minutes, the system ONLY thinks about the one with the bad connection. My suggestion thinks about BOTH players), you can easily reconnect.

I'm getting some really weird problems. Sometimes I'll be in the middle of the match and the game will suddenly slow to a crawl. It takes 10-30 seconds to recognize that I clicked a card. One time it happened I was so close to winning but the timer ran out on me.

Archived