Legendary Treasures Pricing Discussion.

CheefSweetLeef

In light of recent events I would like to open this forum solely as a place to discuss the value of the new set.

1. This forum will be open to everyone and all serious input will be taken directly into consideration.

2. Please feel free to share ANYTHING constructive you think would help determine where cards belong on the current scale.

3. Be polite and respect your fellow members opinions.

4. None of these prices are certain and these prices are purely our speculation on what they could be.

What we have so far. Please take all of this into account and read all discussions/posts before making any replys!

This was a very challenging set to price because of the amount of reprints and out of format cards being brought back into the game. Many of these reprints are of older rare cards some of which are or were highly used and some of which are not. A lot of these cards have not been reprinted in quite sometime. While the older versions have since become slightly rarer in general due to the lack of older packs being opened in the game etc. Then you have the recently printed cards that are in high use and demand all around and they are putting more of them into the game now. This kind of throws things for a loop and makes pricing everthing efficiently quite difficult. Also if the rates on this sets secret rares are anywhere near the rate of them in real life they are going to be extremely rare(somthing like 1 in 100+ packs). On the other hand, if the pull rates are the same then we might see some of the RC EX's and Full Art versions saturate the market to the point where they aren't worth more than a few packs each, if that. After quite a few discussions with players and traders alike we as a group feel these prices should give a reasonable example of what to expect when this new set is released.

We now open these up to you for criticism fire away.

[TABLE=class: cms_table_grid, width: 350, align: left]

[/TD]

Regular

Full Art

Mew EX

Meloetta EX

Shaymin EX

Chandelure EX

Excadrill EX

Darkrai EX

Mewtwo EX

Keldeo EX

Victini EX

Lugia EX

Black Kyurem EX

White Kyurem EX

Kyurem EX

Reshiram EX

Zekrom EX

Emolga

Reshiram

SR Reshiram

SR Zekrom

Emboar

Hydreigon

Garbodor

Gothitelle

Garchomp

Serperior

Sigilyph

Spiritomb

Rayquaza

Terrakion

Virizion

Cobalion

Zekrom

Reshiram

Kyurem

Tornadus

Thundurus

Energy Switch

Crushing Hammer

Elesa

[TD]

[/TABLE]

Secret Rares are 1 out of 36 packs. Secret Rares in Gen 4 was 1 out of 72 packs. And Secret Rares are 1 out 108 packs in Gen 3. Also even though I don't like this pack trading stuff nor archetypes. I fail to see why people would pay more for Chandelure EX than two already popular cards (Darkrai and Mewtwo). Also 2 packs for a regular rare seems like too much like with Tool Box Sigilyph, Spiritombs ability is nice but isn't the best. Also Meloetta EX regular should be lowered by 1 unless Radiant Collection is that rare but it actually isn't. Legendary Treasure booster packs will be regular 10 packs in the shop for 195 trainer tokens so not as many people would want to trade for them. They said it would be too complicated for the packs to calculate ratios with the radiant collection and all the EXs in it. Also Excadrill's "price" should be lowered by at least two, I don't see why it should be more expensive by more "competitive" Exs like Darkrai, Mewtwo, and Keldeo unless the promos are taken to account. Also you are saying a SR Zekrom or a SR Reshiram is worth almost as much as Tropical Beach. Just giving advice even though I despise pack trading.

Secret Rares are 1 out of 36 packs. Secret Rares in Gen 4 was 1 out of 72 packs. And Secret Rares are 1 out 108 packs in Gen 3. Also even though I don't like this pack trading stuff nor archetypes. I fail to see why people would pay more for Chandelure EX than two already popular cards (Darkrai and Mewtwo). Also 2 packs for a regular rare seems like too much like with Tool Box Sigilyph, Spiritombs ability is nice but isn't the best. Also Meloetta EX regular should be lowered by 1 unless Radiant Collection is that rare but it actually isn't. Legendary Treasure booster packs will be regular 10 packs in the shop for 195 trainer tokens so not as many people would want to trade for them. They said it would be too complicated for the packs to calculate ratios with the radiant collection and all the EXs in it. Also Excadrill's "price" should be lowered by at least two, I don't see why it should be more expensive by more "competitive" Exs like Darkrai, Mewtwo, and Keldeo unless the promos are taken to account. Also you are saying a SR Zekrom or a SR Reshiram is worth almost as much as Tropical Beach. Just giving advice even though I despise pack trading.

All newer cards/packs are generally higher on release day. Also because of the already existing promos/regs/FAs for darkrai and mewtwo. The new ones shouldn't be as extremely wanted as say the chandelure or excadrill with only 1 type of card. People will be flooding to discover new decks and get the new cards compared to the reprints. At least until the good decks are all proven and people start to flock towards those. What becomes of the meta after this remains to be seen and will have a big part in prices in the end. These secret rares from this set are seemingly rarer in real life than the older secret rares were. Potentially making them an extremely rare card in this game as well, that remains to be seen though. If it takes opening 100 packs to get 1 i think personally 30 is quite a fair price. Keep in mind secret rares have always been made generally for collectors or people who like to show off nice decks. They were never meant to be easy to find or inexpensive. I appreciate all the input though. Prices will definately fall after there are more of these newer cards put into the game. Consider these as first 1-2 day prices when everyone wants the new cards or packs only.

This prices look fine for the first few initial days.

The price for SR Zekrom and Reshiram is a little bit over the top for me but I understand your reasoning for it. I hope people are smarter and will wait for a week or two before trying to get their hands on that. But of course, they will be a couple of people who have more packs than they know what to do with it and will be willing to spend that much just to brag about it.

People would more than likely open their packs on the first day because if people didn't open their packs, their wouldn't be any Legendary Treasure cards around. You should only put prices AFTER the first two days to encourage people to open their packs as soon as the sets comes out since then there will be enough cards by that time.

wow..30?! yeah, i forsee tons of public offers for this one

True man. IRL it's rumored to be 1 per 2 cases. Only time will tell if the pull rates are the same online.

A Case In Real Life Normally Give You At Least Two Secret Rare Before This, I'm Very Sure About It.

This Set I Din Open Much Cases, Just One Case At Pre-Re Which I Share With A Friend And The Whole Case Only One Secret Rare.

Normally Pre-Re Pulls Are Better Then Official.

So I'm Guessing Is Either Ive Got The Bad Luck In Sharing A Case Or The Odd Has Change For A Case.

Since This Set Has The Least Secret Rare And Huge Amount Of Ex Compare To Set Before.

So I'm Guessing The Odd For A Case Is Different For This Set.

Maybe Buying A Box Of Blister Have Better Odds In Secret Rare Instead.

I'm Not Very Sure About The Odd In PTCGO , Is Always Random To Me.

I Could Get Straight Two Secret Rare / Or Full Arts Or Ex's By Open Just 10 Packs,

Also I Can Get Nothing But Rare Within 100 packs.

So I Guess Now 20 - 30 Packs For Those Secret Rare Here Probably Will Be Fine.

All Other Price Seems Very Legit.

But Personally I Was Expecting

Chandelure Ex Normal Art At 8-10

Excadrill Ex Normal Art At 8

Shaymin Ex Full Art At 8

I Got A Feeling That This Set Of Code Wont Be Floating Much Around The First Week Or Two.

Since Not A lot People Buy Cases IRL For This So I Guess This Set Will Not Have That Much Of Code As Before.

But That's Just What I Assume.

Had To Wait Till Tomorrow To Be Sure What's The Pull Rate Here.

And The Amount Of Legendary Treasures Packs Floating Around.

30 is to high for Zekrom and Reshiram. Golden Catcher were only 15 and needed in all deck. There are alternatives to the two as well and as far as I know they are not even in any Tier 1 or 2 decks. Lastly they seemed to be valued the same as SR Ultra Balls in the secondary market. So I say 12-15

I'll have to agree that the price of the Gold Zekrom and Reshiram is outrageous. All people have to do is buy the Explosive Edge and Voltage Vortex decks on here (1000 tokens) and they get two of the cheaper versions from each deck for nearly free (save up tokens people). Now if I pull one when I open my LT packs. I'll say nice and most likely keep it for the collection because it's a pretty gold color but other then that. They have been printed too often to be worth anything battle wise.

With those we are more considering the facts that people are opening a full case of boxes for one of the SR. Also when catchers were released i believe pack credits were around and things were cheaper then maybe by 40-50%? Now you don't have the credits redeeming new packs with the older codes so now there are fewer new cards/packs in the game. It takes around 2-4 weeks for the market to be completely saturated and for things to fully drop(hence the reason everyone values new packs/cards at x2 older). In some cases it can take longer. If these pull rates end up being similar on the ptcgo you are looking at opening 100+ new packs for 1 of them. I do agree it is not a very playable card, but likely they will turn out to be extremely rare in the first few days.

30 is to high for Zekrom and Reshiram. Golden Catcher were only 15 and needed in all deck. There are alternatives to the two as well and as far as I know they are not even in any Tier 1 or 2 decks. Lastly they seemed to be valued the same as SR Ultra Balls in the secondary market. So I say 12-15

I do agree it is very high but unless they change the pull rates on these 2 cards vs what it is irl then it's justified. Reports from a few trusted sources are 1 in every 2 cases (12 boxes) which is far higher than anything we've seen to date. Yeah the cards aren't really playable but you know the demand for them will be high and the supply will be very low unless they change the pull rates. We will just have to see. I have kept an eye on the secondary market and prices were outrageous the first few days like always. I have noticed a sharp decline to around the price of a BDIF SR on them as well. I don't think people will have a problem getting low to mid 20's out of them the first few days. If anything at least people will be fairly educated on how lucky they were to pull it. If things are different Cheef will surely drop them like a rock in the first day or 2.

There is week 1-2 pricing and then pricing after that. Week 1-2 pricing is not rational and so I am not sure how to predict. I would limit sales of "reprinted" cards to one per user as is not needed for play but only a want and this may take the pressure off supplying to all who ask. But after week 3 and on I will go with a significantly lower value then 30. Lastly no matter the put rate I assume they will not be as rare as Tropical Beach and I can not believe that people will be regularly trading the SR Zekrom and Reshiram for Beaches at 1-1. Time will tell.

Tomorrow the 8th after the update to the game. Also in reply to burrows, yeah people are never rational the first 1-2 weeks any more i definately agree with that. Everyone wants the most new cards they can possibly get for the least possible old sets. So it's really hard for people to trade fairly unless you basically have new packs. This is really just an unfortunate side effect of having booster credits removed from the game. As for the SR, the prices could be lowered as soon as the next day if needed I feel 30 leaves a good safety net in case it is as extremely rare as they seem to be. If you think about it, the fact that a useless SR costs the same as a SR meta card(UltraBall) at the moment makes it seem as if it could start out at least in the mid 20s to me. Also at the rate beaches are going up they will still be worth 2-3 of these new SR within the first few days. Granted that somthing could happen to change that such as a dominant deck that doesn't use beaches after a few days. I really think the numbers give a good idea of what they could cost and like Gravybeast said I could change them as soon as the next day if needed.

I'm still waiting for my booster box to arrive, but I'm curious: how are the Radiant Coll. cards inserted into packs? Are they in the Rare spot, or the Reverse spot, or what?

I'm curious how valuable these will be online.

I think that the price will stay the same give or take .5 - 1 pack on most if not all of the reprint for the first week. The theory of supply and demand doesn't apply to these reprint. Even now, Pre - LT, cards such as darkrai, mewtwo and keldeo price arent really base on their "amount" in the market, it just the playability of these cards as such that the price are assign the way they are. We aren't lacking these card now, their demand are thus constant, and we aren't gonna be lacking them for the new set so they will continue to stay constant (dont know if that make sense, make sense in my head :D).

The only few additional factor that are "new" that we can consider are the stage 2 Ex, and collector value for Sr reshi and zekrom. Supply and demand will be attribute to these "new" factor (and however people assign the "new" concept will of course be of their own discretion). I am fairly certain that the price for SR reshi and zekrom will stay at that price if not higher overtime, 30 sound very reasonable to me. However, less can be say about the FA mew, I think that a bit too high. The reason why I think those Sr card will have such a high value is 1) the pull rate, 2) ... hoarder X) (I apologize). these 2 factor tend to amplify each other. But the most prominent reason why I think their price will stay that high is of their collector value (not playability). An example I can give are bw9, they aren't at ~200 packs because of their "playability". This is mainly attribute to their collector value. Same will the case be for these SR reshi and Zek (on a minute/ minuscul"er" scale of course :)).

Also, alot of people already under the impression that most of the cards are really "girly", I think the appeal will play a factor as well. It already has on me, I wouldnt pay 6 packs for emolga, but I can understand why it is predicted as such price. Personally, I dont have a lot of incentive for opening the new packs... dont know if the public is under this "spell" yet, but if that the case Sr reshi and zek price will be rather SLOWLY adjusted. Be that positive or negative... dont know :).

Well the zekrom and reshies are going for 8-20 on day one. People don't know or they are interested in other things.

Feel like less than 10 are floating around for trading. Hmmm dont know what to make of that yet.

I just sold a pair of SR reshi and Sr zek for 8 different Col. i think people dont know the worth of these card yet... Talking about SR reshi and Zek.

Archived