Game Crashing Within Minutes

mmbernie51

My game has just started crashing within the first few minutes each time I open it within the past two days. I have been playing for over three months now and have never had an issue. The only variable I can think of is I recently downloaded Windows 8.1, but that was a week ago. I tried reinstalling the game, but that hasn't rectified the situation.

Please help!

Hey trainers,

Unfortunately, the game is not yet optimized for Windows 8. This means that we can offer very limed advice regarding issues experienced with this OS. However, the community may have some fixes for you! I'll leave this thread open so other users can share their advice.

Good luck, and thanks for your understanding!

I am really confussed ... Pokemon TCG Online wants us to have the top of the line cpu and graphic card to run a card game on a pc. But do not use the newest operating system, cause it will crash if you do.

Please update the hardware and software requirement page !!!!!!!!!!!!

A customer has the right to know what they need to run your program, before they make any purchases.

Just mentioned this is another thread, so I'll copy 'n paste!

Unfortunately, TCGO does not officially support Windows 8 yet. Although the game does work for many people running Win 8, I have heard that some were having further issues since updating to 8.1.

If you have an error.log file in your TCGO folder (it would be in a dated folder), feel free to send it off to Customer Support (link is in my signature) to see if we can provide you with further assistance.

Thanks!

I am running Windows 8.1 on a laptop mind you that is about 4 years old. My specs are 4 GB or Ram and 2.2 Ghz Dual Core Processor. I do experience crashing every now and again but its typically after being in the game for a very extended amount of time. I have used the free version of System Mechanic and Razer Game Booster and have vastly decreased the lag and increased the games overall performance. I initially had Vista and the game was much more sluggish on that OS for me the 8.1 Windows.

Some other things i have done and noticed better performance overall is turning off coin annimations and changing the in game performance setting to Great with the next best choice for me being Fantastic. The crashes have been a lot less frequent then when the client version of the game first came out. Hopefully this is helpful to some of those having issues with the new windows as it relates to Pokemon online.

seriously, now I can't do anything in the game. I can't use my space bar in chat, I can't play matches, I can't open packs. What is the deal here!? How hard is it to make the game work with the new OS?

Archived