October Community Update - Discussion Thread

TPCi_Mathis

Lots of news. New screens do have a new feel. Not sure about them yet but after a week anything will look normal. New trading screen could streamline the process and I will enjoy trying that out. Thanks for the update.

Finally, trading will be much easier. Trading 12-13 packs for one card is a horror without +- button. However, I still miss tournaments

Aside from the new features and user interface upgrade, no plans of implementing a team of in game moderators to monitor sticky situations such as spammers/scammers or other misconducts? AFAIK there is no easy way to locate an in game mod now, this game has been in Beta since 2011 right?

Aside from the new features and user interface upgrade, no plans of implementing a team of in game moderators to monitor sticky situations such as spammers/scammers or other misconducts? AFAIK there is no easy way to locate an in game mod now, this game has been in Beta since 2011 right?
There is a report button in chat to inform mods of bad behavior and report but in the forums.

I think that combining the set releases into one is actually a really good idea, especially given that Legendary Treasures doesn't have any theme decks. It would feel a little anticlimactic to have a maintenance period for what feels like quite a small release, especially given that it's only a few days until something much bigger. Releasing them separately would've run the risk of Legendary Treasures falling into the shadow of the X/Y sets, I think. So good call on that one.

I must admit, though, that I'm having some difficulty with the Guest Mode you mention. To me, that feels a little redundant (at least at this stage) given that the game is entirely free to play from the outset, it doesn't really feel that a trial mode is necessary — I don't think it's too much inconvenience for somebody interested in trying the game to sign up for an account, especially given that they need to download the client anyway. I understand that it's a bit more convenient, certainly! But given that the game is still in its early stages I wonder whether this should be a priority update. Perhaps it would be more suitable once the game is a little more solid, or at least out of its beta stages?

Just my two cents, of course! I'm sure the decisions you make are based on other factors that you don't divulge here, so pardon me if I'm being a little presumptuous. That's just my initial impression based on the information given to us thus far. :)

The new screens look nice as well, I'm looking forward to seeing them implemented.

I must admit, though, that I'm having some difficulty with the Guest Mode you mention. To me, that feels a little redundant (at least at this stage) given that the game is entirely free to play from the outset, it doesn't really feel that a trial mode is necessary — I don't think it's too much inconvenience for somebody interested in trying the game to sign up for an account, especially given that they need to download the client anyway.
If GUEST saves resources of accounts and other things on the backend then it would have a benefit. Also if the same person creates a new account every time they play it would save the system and the user something.

I really love the way you will do all the updates in just one day.

Please do something similar to the Trade Screen for Dusknoir (BC & PB) and Reuniclus (BW & DRX).

Thank you for the update information.

• 3 weeks later...
"we will be adding 10-card boosters from this expansion to the Shop for 195 Trainer Tokens. As with the 5-card boosters, these boosters and the cards contained inside will not be tradable. However, these will be exactly like boosters unlocked through code redemption in every other way, including containing parallel foil cards. We will resume the 5-card booster configuration for future expansions.

I am quite impressed with the changes made so far but have reservations regarding the 5 card booster packs being implemented in future expansions, why are 5 card boosters necessary? Why not just sell 10 card boosters? I and others have avoided using tokens on 5 card booster packs in the shop as we feel it is a waste of tokens, no offence intended. The problem is that we find we get very little of value from them, I have not received 1 ex yet from them and seem to frequently, 3 of the 5 cards were copies of cards I already had and wanted no more of and I appear not to have been the only one.

I was very pleased to see that you were selling the Legendary Treasures packs as 10 card boosters instead of 5 and even though the price was much higher the great pull rate one gets makes it worth it I feel, it seemed that the 5 card packs would be a thing of the past, like the booster credits and so I was surprised and disappointed to read the above post saying that the 5 card boosters would again be implemented. I feel that if you do wish to pursue this course of action then please release 10 card packs at a slightly higher price, not double as I feel 95 is already too high for 5 cards, in addition to the 5 card pack so that we may choose which to buy?

Or if not, please could you add additional methods for earning tokens at a faster rate?

If this cannot be done, please could you explain why in a response t my post?

Thank you for your time.

Archived