Wacky decks incorporated.

If you can try out a mew prime/cradily -plume lock. Having tons of fun with it with over a 90% win rate. Can post my setup if you like

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RoyalDuke

• NinetynineTails

• chronophysicist

• T_hood21

NinetynineTails

Hey Duke, just reading over your deck list I remembered something I thought of when considering Lugia Ex; try using Chandelure rather than Cofagriigus, then float stones/switches to get Lugia out front as needed. So you dump 3 damage counters with Chandelure then change out and land the finishing hit with Lugia Ex. Not quite as straightforward as Cofa but it doesn't require you to KO your own Pokemon, meaning 1 Prize card further away from a potential loss and a repeated 3 free damage a turn. Could do the same with Flygon, but he doesn't combo as well with Lugia and isn't Psychic type, which is also preferable. Chandelure is also a solid attacker itself so long as they don't have Virizion Ex shenanigans.

Apart from that there are a couple other deck ideas I have. Neither is reliant on Ex pokemon(ie, awesome).

The first is a fighting deck with Sandslash and Gallade. Sandslash drops a damage counter on each of your Pokemon and Gallade follows up with Pandemonium Blade for a potential 160 damage. Not super wacky but it's not your basic 'energy cannon' that most deck consist of, either.

The other one is probably more fun; a pure tool deck. Using Sigilyph(toolbox) to stack up to 4 tools you can easily make Trubbish(PS) to Tool Drop 100+ damage. Use 4 Mirror and Bangle with a couple each of Cofagriigus(so many versions, lol) and Masquerain to make it super adaptable. You could drop Garbotoxin if need be but generally just leave Trubbish un-evolved. I just love how there's no limit to Tool equipping like with energy or supporter cards. Trubbish can literally KO second turn without too much difficulty. Not forgetting Sigilyph is pretty powerful as both a counter pokemon(multiple silver bangle is basically a super strong Gold Breaker) and a tank(Eviolite), or anything you want it to be. Remembering of course that Elesa grabs the tools you want when you need them. Level Ball gets your two main pokemon, Sigilyph, who can become durable enough despite only starting 90, and Trubbish who just hits so much harder than an un-evolved Basic pokemon has a right to. Problem is that, while it's mostly easy to obtain I only own 1 Sigilyph, who's integral to the deck and a Holo Rare.

Edited by NinetynineTails
Correcting ridiculously faulty censoring
If you can try out a mew prime/cradily -plume lock. Having tons of fun with it with over a 90% win rate. Can post my setup if you like

lol there are so many mew prime cradily plume possiblilities, so i dont know which one you mean, but it sounds good so if you feel like it i'd love to see your list/ idea /deck :)

Hey Duke, just reading over your deck list I remembered something I thought of when considering Lugia Ex; try using Chandelure rather than Cofagriigus, then float stones/switches to get Lugia out front as needed. So you dump 3 damage counters with Chandelure then change out and land the finishing hit with Lugia Ex. Not quite as straightforward as Cofa but it doesn't require you to KO your own Pokemon, meaning 1 Prize card further away from a potential loss and a repeated 3 free damage a turn. Could do the same with Flygon, but he doesn't combo as well with Lugia and isn't Psychic type, which is also preferable. Chandelure is also a solid attacker itself so long as they don't have Virizion Ex shenanigans.

Apart from that there are a couple other deck ideas I have. Neither is reliant on Ex pokemon(ie, awesome).

The first is a fighting deck with Sandslash and Gallade. Sandslash drops a damage counter on each of your Pokemon and Gallade follows up with Pandemonium Blade for a potential 160 damage. Not super wacky but it's not your basic 'energy cannon' that most deck consist of, either.

The other one is probably more fun; a pure tool deck. Using Sigilyph(toolbox) to stack up to 4 tools you can easily make Trubbish(PS) to Tool Drop 100+ damage. Use 4 Mirror and Bangle with a couple each of Cofagriigus(so many versions, lol) and Masquerain to make it super adaptable. You could drop Garbotoxin if need be but generally just leave Trubbish un-evolved. I just love how there's no limit to Tool equipping like with energy or supporter cards. Trubbish can literally KO second turn without too much difficulty. Not forgetting Sigilyph is pretty powerful as both a counter pokemon(multiple silver bangle is basically a super strong Gold Breaker) and a tank(Eviolite), or anything you want it to be. Remembering of course that Elesa grabs the tools you want when you need them. Level Ball gets your two main pokemon, Sigilyph, who can become durable enough despite only starting 90, and Trubbish who just hits so much harder than an un-evolved Basic pokemon has a right to. Problem is that, while it's mostly easy to obtain I only own 1 Sigilyph, who's integral to the deck and a Holo Rare.

Wow lol, i can't believe i didn't think about that chancelure xD, its a great suggestion it is a stage 2 though so i'd have to try if it works as great as it sounds, but ill give it a shot :D. .........................about sandslash - gallade, i've considered building a deck like this but thought it was to much like don-champ (donphan machamp) it works according to the same principal but machamp prime also has some rush-in like ability. Secconly i would use landorus (non ex) instead of *************** has a similar attack, but is a basic and it also does damage on you opponents bench. I could build and post either one if anyone would like me to.......................................... Now about the tooldrop deck, I wasnt really planning on making and posting one because most people know it already but i guess it will be rather cheap and easy to make so I'll build one...

VictiniCup
Correct?, ouch i didnt know i was delivering such sloppy work...

anyways i appreciate your concern but could you indicate wich decks of mine you think are that bad?

thanks in advance RD

I don't mean to say that they are very bad, just that I play competitive and know that they are needed. I don't mean to nasty and say scrap all your ideas, because they are not good, but they could do with being improved.

I don't mean to say that they are very bad, just that I play competitive and know that they are needed. I don't mean to nasty and say scrap all your ideas, because they are not good, but they could do with being improved.

verywell, which deck do you think i should change? and how do you know? did you test it? because I test every deck I post around 10-15 times (after each edit) to make sure they run efficiently. Ofcourse they all work for me because of my playstyle. if you play completely diffenent than I do perhaps you need a different line up. For me it really depends on the intent of the deck. you can't just shove in what some first tier deck uses, I try to make the best mix for each individual deck design... That said it can very well be that my list have imperfections/problems. But if thats the case please tell me which deck(s) and what cards are "wrong" and which ones should be put in their place.

Okay, so this was a random deck I threw together in 5 minutes of my free time. I created it on PTCGO, and to my surprise, it did fairly well. I tweaked it a bit and did some battles on Expert PvP. I went 3-0 on Expert PvP. I faced a Viri/Gene, Blastoise/BB Kyurem, and Mewtwo/Sigi decks. I then played Royal Duke later (He crushed my all four times we battle :D). So anyways, here's the list I am currently using:

Pokemon

x3 Uxie

x3 Croagunk (BC or LT)

x3 Toxicroak (BC or LT)

x1 Mr. Mime

x1 Jirachi EX

x2 Duskull

x2 Dusknoir

Total: 15

Trainers

x4 Laser

x2 Virbank

x4 Bicycle

x4 Level Ball

x2 Silver Bangle

x3 Switch

x1 Super Rod

x2 Energy Search

x2 Rare Candy

x1 Scoop Up Cyclone

x4 Juniper

x3 Skyla

x4 N

x1 Ghetsis

Total: 37

Energy

x8 Psychic Energy

Total: 8

Okay, so here's the strategy: You want to start off with an Uxie, and then your next priority is to bench 1-2 Croagunk and a Duskull. On turn 1, you should analyze your opponents deck to see what your facing. If your bench is completely safe from all attacks, then do NOT bench your Mr. Mime. Bench space is critical is this deck. Anyways. On your first turn, you want to do the above, plus get a Virbank Gym set down and possibly some Lasers in your hand (use them if you can't attack your first turn, otherwise save them and attack with Uxie). Turn 2 the focus changes. Depending on your opponents Pokemon, you need to make a decision. First off how much HP does it have left? Secondly, is it an EX? If it is an EX with 120 HP left (That means on your first turn, you attack ed with Uxie AND you poisoned it w/ Virbank up) your next move should be to leave Uxie in there to die or get the **** next turn - Attack again with Uxie. Before you attack you should set up a Croagunk on your bench with an energy and try to evolve it into a Toxicroak. On your next turn, Toxicroak will be hitting for 90 damage on the defending pokemon. This is pretty much your strategy for the entire game. Stack up some damage with Uxie, let Uxie die, and Revenge with Toxicroak. Dusknoir helps by moving energy from retreated Pokemon to the active one to secure kills with Toxicroak. Mr. Mime is crucial in deck with Landorus, as my battles with Duke proved (Lando swept my bench in 3 turns). Jirachi EX was a Pokemon I decided to add later on; I feel sometimes you just don't have enough draw power in this deck. Scoop Up Cyclone is to get Jirachi off the bench, or an injured Toxicroak out of active to remove damage counters. This deck is very efficient with energy, as the only two attackers need 1 energy for their attacks and have a retreat cost of 1. All in all this deck has some serious potential, however it has huge problems with bad starts and facing decks that can set up and recover quickly (Darkrai and Landorus). Here are some possible cards I am thinking off adding:

Chandelure EX - This card has some pros and cons. Pros would be, it has almost triple Uxie's HP which greatly lowers the chances of donking, it's attack also does 10 more damage (trust me, it matters). Some cons would be the retreat is 2 instead of 1, it's an EX so it yields 2 prizes, and just like Uxie it gets KO'd be Darkrai (this deck's biggest threat IMO). If someone wants to use this deck and try Chandelure EXs instead of Uxie please do so and PM me the results!

Shedinja & Ninjask - So this is an interesting idea here (props to Duke for this!) So this changes the deck up, but not the general idea. In fact, this version might be better. The idea is to let Shedinja die (its ability causes the opponent to draw 0 prizes for knocking it out) and then send out Toxicroak, fully powered and attack. Combined with Laser-Bank (30 at least) plus Revenge (90, and if a Silver Bangle attached and the defending Pokemon is an EX, 120), and if Ninjask attacked and retreated to Shedinja the turn before (that's another 60). So 30 (at least) + 90 (at least) + 60 = 180 (At least)! That's a ***** an EX! And guess what, your opponent got 0 prizes. Also what I like about this is that Shedinja's first attack is essentially Uxie's first attack (just a different name lol). Unfortunately Garbodor would cause problems, but if you can shut down their Garbodor, this deck poses a serious threat. I like it and I would definitely consider this idea!

Ninetales - This is completely wacky, but here me out (isn't that what this thread is for? :D) Okay, so Ninetales obviously does well with Laser-Bank (it has its own deck). To attack Ninetales uses a single fire energy; this is okay because toxicroak uses a single colorless energy to attack. So *************** for 70 after a Laser (or 120 if you flip heads), and if it dies, Toxicroak is more than able to ***** the switch in. Plus, Ninetales serves as a Catcher, so you can capture retreating Pokemon, drag them back to active, Sinister Hand extra damage on to them, and KO with either Ninetales or Toxicroak.

Okay, so that's a wrap for this deck! Any questions, suggestions, or you just wanna chat, feel free to message me on PTCGO. I try to get on at least once a day! Username: T_hood21 <<<. Thanks for reading, and happy wacky deck building!!! :D

Hm. The censors are strong tonight. Every time you see a censor I said EX (or a phrase with EX in it). Sorry - AGAIN - for the censoring inconvenience.

VictiniCup
verywell, which deck do you think i should change? and how do you know? did you test it? because I test every deck I post around 10-15 times (after each edit) to make sure they run efficiently. Ofcourse they all work for me because of my playstyle. if you play completely diffenent than I do perhaps you need a different line up. For me it really depends on the intent of the deck. you can't just shove in what some first tier deck uses, I try to make the best mix for each individual deck design... That said it can very well be that my list have imperfections/problems. But if thats the case please tell me which deck(s) and what cards are "wrong" and which ones should be put in their place.

I haven't tested them so I can't comment. I just know that Juniper's and N's must be 4-ofs, depending on the deck.

Hey RoyalDuke, not sure if these decks are wacky enough and you might have heard of them though. Here's the first one:

Modified: Torterra (PS) tank deck

Pokemon(14)

2-1-2 Torterra (PS)

1-0-1 Serperior (Royal Heal)

3-3 Cherrim (PS)

1 Virizion ex

Trainers(36)

4 Hypnotoxic Lasers

2 Level Ball

2 Tool Scrapper

3 Rare Candy

2 Super Rod

2 Switch

3 Ultra Ball

3 Colress

4 N

4 Professor Juniper

2 Skyla

2 Virbank City Gym

2 Giant cape

1 Computer Search

Energy(10)

7 Grass Energy

3 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy

The basic strategy is to set up a Torterra and attack with Guard Press to reduce incoming damage by 20. Cherrim and Serperior to heal any damage done to Torterra. Virizion ex to stop status. Objective is to outlast your opponent.

Pros and Cons

Very little can stop this deck if it's set up. If it's set up, the only way to beat it is to OHKO Torterra or Catcher the 'healers' and KO them easily (Cherrim only has 70 HP) or snipe the bench for cheap prizes. The main problem is that this deck is quite slow.

Potential Techs/Changes

- Mr mime. Stop bench damage.

- Emolga. Call for family to get the basics quickly.

- Cresselia ex. Another 'tanker'. If added, remove some grass energy and add in GFPD blends.

- Adding more pokemon might be a problem though with so many bench sitters, and thus limited bench space.

- Remove Laserbank combo for more room.

- I have no tropical beaches so feel free to use them, it would be great to help setting up.

Here's another deck idea:

Modified: Excadrill/Terrakion

Pokemon(11)

3-3 Excadrill (DEX, Tunnel Strike and Dig Uppercut)

3 Terrakion (Retaliate)

1 Terrakion ex (DRX)

1 Landorus ex (BRC)

Trainers(39)

4 Hypnotoxic Lasers

2 Level Ball

1 Tool Scrapper

2 Super Rod

2 Energy Switch

2 Switch

2 Escape Rope

3 Heavy Ball

2 Colress

4 N

4 Professor Juniper

2 Skyla

2 Virbank City Gym

2 Exp. Share

2 Silver Bangle

2 Silver Mirror

1 Dowsing Machine

Energy(10)

10 Fighting energy

Strategy

The basic strategy is to attack with Excadrill's Dig Uppercut and recycle hypnotoxic lasers/silver bangle to boost damage. Terrakion is to use retaliate when Excadrill is KOed. Terrakion ex as backup attacker and energy acceleration. Landorus ex as another backup attacker and early game sniper.

Pros and Cons

Fairly fast in setting up but lack quick energy acceleration except for exp share and Terrakion ex Pump Up Smash is not exactly quick. Absolutely helpless against VirGen (weakness and status protection).

Potential Techs/Changes

- Shaymin ex. This deck easily trade prizes with opponent, a timely revenge blast can help.

- Victini ex + Victory Piece. To counter VirGen, this deck's main weakness.

- Remove Laserbank combo for more room.

- I have no tropical beaches so feel free to use them, it would be great to help setting up.

OverlordMMM

Hey Duke, I have some stuff that you want on the first page of this thread. Send me an offer and let's see if we can get some trades going. :3

Also, another deck idea I had was using Smooth Coat Minccino and Sporprise Amoonguss to make it so your opponent only has a 25% chance of dealing any damage to Minccino. This could probably be combined with Bright Look Ninetails, Devolution Spray, Super Scoop-Up, and even Cyclone Scoop Up + Jirachi EX for some more shenanigans.

Edited by OverlordMMM
Hey Duke, I have some stuff that you want on the first page of this thread. Send me an offer and let's see if we can get some trades going. :3

Also, another deck idea I had was using Smooth Coat Minccino and Sporprise Amoonguss to make it so your opponent only has a 25% chance of dealing any damage to Minccino. This could probably be combined with Bright Look Ninetails, Devolution Spray, Super Scoop-Up, and even Cyclone Scoop Up + Jirachi EX for some more shenanigans.

Sure mate, I'll send something your way when i get the chance :), and about that idea, sounds really intresting... ill get right on it :)

A while back i was also working on a coffagrigus deck (slap of misfortune) with a similar idea, but the problem was that, well there was a bug with cofa ofc, but people can still retreat and switch... but your idea has a seccond "fire wall" so it could be even better :)..

Edited by RoyalDuke
NinetynineTails

Some stuff to folk posting decks...

@T_hood: Have you tried Melloeta in place of Uxie? Bit more health, scales off their Energy and has a secondary attack if need be.

@Jason: Your first deck relies on a tank, but with a Hypnotoxic Laser/Virbank and anything capable of dealing 140 damage(or just something powerful on it's own, like Black Kyurem Ex) he's going to get KO'd anyway, not to mention the sniping/Catcher issue. Wailord is a tank, as is Conkeldurr, but Torterra isn't quite there IMO. Not saying don't use him just don't expect him to be some invulnerable beast. Could still make a good attacker with Victini(VS) on bench(80 base with variable damage can be brutal at times).

Your other deck I like, though I think I'd go all out with a play-set of Excadrill and use Life Dew as my Ace Spec so I could cycle it back to deprive them of Prize Cards.

@Overlord; Unfortunately Confusion rarely sticks in this meta, though I have been considering a Ninetales/Amoongus strategy(it's been done just find it interesting and would like my own version). Smooth Coat is still a cool ability, just don't expect to improve it with special conditions.

thank you very much for that addition lol... but about trading, something went wrong with my binder during the last update so i cant find alot of my cards/packs and such... so it will have to wait for a bit :S

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone, i know i havent been doing much for this thread lately, but that's because of the following problem... I've built practically every deck suggested so far, but the pvp is, well i wouldn't say broken but it takes ages to get in a match and even then 80% of the time my opponent has left already or something.. so i can't get much testing done.. and thus it takes forever to review a deck properly... So I'm gonna have o delay putting up a few lists for now since I can't get the done good enough for my standards... I hope you bare with me untill the pvp thing either is fixed or magically starts working decently again.

NinetynineTails
hello everyone, i know i havent been doing much for this thread lately, but that's because of the following problem... I've built practically every deck suggested so far, but the pvp is, well i wouldn't say broken but it takes ages to get in a match and even then 80% of the time my opponent has left already or something.. so i can't get much testing done.. and thus it takes forever to review a deck properly... So I'm gonna have o delay putting up a few lists for now since I can't get the done good enough for my standards... I hope you bare with me untill the pvp thing either is fixed or magically starts working decently again.

Yeah, I've been having the same issue. I think the latest patch caused it.

On another note, in regards to the Gardevoir type deck you could also use Gallade(Pandemonium Blade). If you go with Reuniclus rather than trying to use the Umbreon's then it gets a bit more damage then Gardevoir(assuming distribution of damage with Reuniclus across a full bench) and doesn't rely upon incoming damage to throw back at them or have the 1-turn wait restriction; though KeldStone could get around that the same as with Kyurem.

In fact, it may be possible to combine the DonChamp like deck I was considering with this one.

Found that Excadrill Ex has the friendly fire effect on it's secondary attack, as well as an Ether-like effect on it's primary, so I was of thinking a deck that revolves around using a Lunatone/Musharna Ether engine with Gallade as a second attacker and Reuniclus to use with Gardevoir to get rid of damage. Might be too crammed though, which is only going to make things worse. May be better as two decks, still.

@Jason: Your first deck relies on a tank, but with a Hypnotoxic Laser/Virbank and anything capable of dealing 140 damage(or just something powerful on it's own, like Black Kyurem Ex) he's going to get KO'd anyway, not to mention the sniping/Catcher issue. Wailord is a tank, as is Conkeldurr, but Torterra isn't quite there IMO. Not saying don't use him just don't expect him to be some invulnerable beast. Could still make a good attacker with Victini(VS) on bench(80 base with variable damage can be brutal at times).

Your other deck I like, though I think I'd go all out with a play-set of Excadrill and use Life Dew as my Ace Spec so I could cycle it back to deprive them of Prize Cards.

haha, have you tried that excadrill in combo with gold potion? it's not that good in the current format but if you battle, lets say straight darkrai, is a monsterous combo XD... as long as you can keep the damage under 100...

NinetynineTails
haha, have you tried that excadrill in combo with gold potion? it's not that good in the current format but if you battle, lets say straight darkrai, is a monsterous combo XD... as long as you can keep the damage under 100...

Nope, don't own Gold Potion. Was fortunate enough to get Computer Search, but apart from that I just have G Booster(2 untradeable ones, actually :/).

I have had some moderate success with the following 3 decks, and i felt i should share with people who feel the need to use the same 5 ex's over and over in everything they do. Here's the lists of Pokemon and energies only, i feel like Trainers are a thing where you can make any mix work to your personal taste and play style, so aside from key trainers that make the deck click, i leave that part to your imagination.

Ice Cream Split Deck

Pokemon

4 Vanilluxe (2 PLS,2 PLF)

2 Vanillish (PLF)

4 Vanillite (PLF)

2 Tornadus EX (DEX)

1 Tornadus EX (PLF)

3 Cryogonal (PLF)

1 Kyurem EX (BW 37)

1 Kyurem (PLF)

12 Water

4 DCE

this list leaves room for 26 trainers. i run rare candies, escape ropes and switches and 3 or 4 Aspertia Gym. these are fairly necessary for quick setup and consistent attack, but the rest of the list is really flexible, this deck works with a lot. It's competitive against plasma and has won against Darkrai/Hydreigon before, so its no slouch XD

now for this one, which is one of my favorites and one of my most used:

Fishing Cat deck

4 Kingdra (PLF)

2 Seadra (PLF)

4 Horsea (PLF)

3 Mew ex (LT)

3 Starmie (NXD)

4 Staryu (NXD)

14 Water

i love this list, mainly for the energy efficiency it offers mew in copying attacks. A couple tricks this deck has: benching a staryu and using recover on mew, then bringing in a Kingdra and Vortexing the energies back into the deck, using juniper and ultra ball expedites Vortex as well. Tribullet is great if you get a quick Kingdra and Starmie with a cape can be a serious problem having a 0 retreat cost. Skyarrow is the best stadium to run with this, Kingdra only has 1 retreat cost and the rest of your pokemon are free with it ( even though starmie is without it). its nice to run hammers with this deck to keep your opponent off balance ( hammers work with everything XD), but again, this leaves some room for creativity as youll have maybe 10-12 open slots to work with. This deck tends to fill the bench quickly, so Colress is a nice option for this deck in particular.

and now for the last one:

Ghetto Rainbow

4 Beautifly (DRX)

2 Silcoon (DRX)

4 Wurmple (DRX)

4 Ninetales (LT)

4 Vulpix (LT)

2 Latios EX (PLF)

4 Grass

2 Water

2 Fire

2 Lightning

2 Psychic

2 Fighting

2 Dark

2 Steel

now, i would ideally run this deck with Ho-oh, but A- that's kind of Meta, and B- I dont have Ho-oh anyways. so I picked Latios for this one. Beautifly's Triple Energy can load Latios for Luster Purge in one turn, and you can drop Ninetales on the bench and wait to see what type of energies your opponent uses on their Pokemon, then Color Coordinate them. I think Float Stone is key to get Beautifly out of the Active spot and get your loaded Latios in, and Skyarrow again helps Latios get away for free after it Luster Purges. Other than that, you can Level Ball for Ninetales if you think its worth it. This deck is difficult to make work because the energy required for Ninetales takes up a lot of the slots that would normally be pushed towards trainers. That being said, the most useful cards to put in this deck would be a gold Potion for when Beautifly takes a big hit, and regular and Superior Energy Retrievals/Super Rods. That leaves about 4-6 slots to mess with if you build it this way, which would probably go towards the Supporters of your choice.

so there they are. Give me your opinions guys, and let me know if theres anything you would change =)

Edited by NeilK

I would also like to throw a true unlimited deck in for discussion. I love, love, LOVE this idea and i really want to try it IRL. This one could be a killer i think.

Tolltaker Deck

4 Absol Prime (HSTR)

4 Ampharos Prime (HGSS)

1 Flaaffy (any set)

4 Mareep (any set)

3 Darkrai EX

Pokemon-16

8 Dark

4 Lightning

Energy-12

4 Frozen City

4 Ultra Ball

4 Swtich

4 Skyla

4 Rare Candy

1 Scoop Up Cyclone ACE SPEC

3 Colress

4 Junk Arm

2 Super Rod

2 Bianca

Get Frozen City in play along with 1 absol, 4 amphys and 1 Darkrai. start with absol active and wail away with vicious claw, then scoop cyclone it when its close to going down. Use Darkrai as your main attacker, but only use them one at a time and Junk arm the Cyclone to keep your opponent from taking prizes. with 4 amphys and absol, not only will your opponent take 20 damage for dropping a basic, they will take 60 damage every time they attach an energy. thats 80 damage before you even do anything. and combined with Darkrai's Night Spear nobody will pretty much ever beat you. EVER.

Edited by NeilK

Well, when you say "less creative" i have to relate to that, the most interesting and creative deck i have seen was Jason's (2013 Masters division World Champion) Darkrai deck, which has a Mr.mime in it, but he has no physic energy in the deck, he has Darkrai x4 and sableye x3 in it to. He uses the Mr.Mine just for his Ability, "Bench Barrior" which protects his bench, and when Mr.Mime gets caught into battle, Jason attaches a Dark Energy to get him out because of Darkrai's ability, which allows any pokemon with a Dark Energy to have no retreat cost. He uses the Sableye just to get out items he needs because of "Junk Hunt" which allows Jason to get 2 Item trainers to go to his hand, so he has a unlimited supply. Darkrai is the one that does the attacking and damage. Mr.Mime the Bench Protecter and Sableye the retreiver, the dark energy can save his pokemon and do just those get out, do something with someone else, take him out, do something with you again stuff all in 2 turns. I see why he has the title "THE Pokemon Master" and he is 3-time world champ. GO JASON IN 2014!!!!!!! :)

NinetynineTails
Well, when you say "less creative" i have to relate to that, the most interesting and creative deck i have seen was Jason's (2013 Masters division World Champion) Darkrai deck, which has a Mr.mime in it, but he has no physic energy in the deck, he has Darkrai x4 and sableye x3 in it to. He uses the Mr.Mine just for his Ability, "Bench Barrior" which protects his bench, and when Mr.Mime gets caught into battle, Jason attaches a Dark Energy to get him out because of Darkrai's ability, which allows any pokemon with a Dark Energy to have no retreat cost. He uses the Sableye just to get out items he needs because of "Junk Hunt" which allows Jason to get 2 Item trainers to go to his hand, so he has a unlimited supply. Darkrai is the one that does the attacking and damage. Mr.Mime the Bench Protecter and Sableye the retreiver, the dark energy can save his pokemon and do just those get out, do something with someone else, take him out, do something with you again stuff all in 2 turns. I see why he has the title "THE Pokemon Master" and he is 3-time world champ. GO JASON IN 2014!!!!!!! :)

Ah, not really. Jason Klaczynski used an already meta deck which he pared down for optimum reliability. It was well made, yes, but could barely be considered creative, and I don't think he would even claim it was. It was made to compete, not be indy or rogue etc. Mr Mime is a tech option which lots of decks use, same as Keldeo Ex. Again, not creative, just effective. Jason wasn't the inventor of the Darkrai deck, nor did he add to it. On the contrary, he proved it was powerful enough without accommodating for any optional extras like Team Plasma Absol. He was clever enough to identify that, to his credit, but creativity has to add something new, not simply focus more intently on something that has already seen use.

I have had some moderate success with the following 3 decks, and i felt i should share with people who feel the need to use the same 5 ex's over and over in everything they do. Here's the lists of Pokemon and energies only, i feel like Trainers are a thing where you can make any mix work to your personal taste and play style, so aside from key trainers that make the deck click, i leave that part to your imagination.

Ice Cream Split Deck

Pokemon

4 Vanilluxe (2 PLS,2 PLF)

2 Vanillish (PLF)

4 Vanillite (PLF)

2 Tornadus EX (DEX)

1 Tornadus EX (PLF)

3 Cryogonal (PLF)

1 Kyurem EX (BW 37)

1 Kyurem (PLF)

12 Water

4 DCE

this list leaves room for 26 trainers. i run rare candies, escape ropes and switches and 3 or 4 Aspertia Gym. these are fairly necessary for quick setup and consistent attack, but the rest of the list is really flexible, this deck works with a lot. It's competitive against plasma and has won against Darkrai/Hydreigon before, so its no slouch XD

now for this one, which is one of my favorites and one of my most used:

Fishing Cat deck

4 Kingdra (PLF)

2 Seadra (PLF)

4 Horsea (PLF)

3 Mew ex (LT)

3 Starmie (NXD)

4 Staryu (NXD)

14 Water

i love this list, mainly for the energy efficiency it offers mew in copying attacks. A couple tricks this deck has: benching a staryu and using recover on mew, then bringing in a Kingdra and Vortexing the energies back into the deck, using juniper and ultra ball expedites Vortex as well. Tribullet is great if you get a quick Kingdra and Starmie with a cape can be a serious problem having a 0 retreat cost. Skyarrow is the best stadium to run with this, Kingdra only has 1 retreat cost and the rest of your pokemon are free with it ( even though starmie is without it). its nice to run hammers with this deck to keep your opponent off balance ( hammers work with everything XD), but again, this leaves some room for creativity as youll have maybe 10-12 open slots to work with. This deck tends to fill the bench quickly, so Colress is a nice option for this deck in particular.

and now for the last one:

Ghetto Rainbow

4 Beautifly (DRX)

2 Silcoon (DRX)

4 Wurmple (DRX)

4 Ninetales (LT)

4 Vulpix (LT)

2 Latios EX (PLF)

4 Grass

2 Water

2 Fire

2 Lightning

2 Psychic

2 Fighting

2 Dark

2 Steel

now, i would ideally run this deck with Ho-oh, but A- that's kind of Meta, and B- I dont have Ho-oh anyways. so I picked Latios for this one. Beautifly's Triple Energy can load Latios for Luster Purge in one turn, and you can drop Ninetales on the bench and wait to see what type of energies your opponent uses on their Pokemon, then Color Coordinate them. I think Float Stone is key to get Beautifly out of the Active spot and get your loaded Latios in, and Skyarrow again helps Latios get away for free after it Luster Purges. Other than that, you can Level Ball for Ninetales if you think its worth it. This deck is difficult to make work because the energy required for Ninetales takes up a lot of the slots that would normally be pushed towards trainers. That being said, the most useful cards to put in this deck would be a gold Potion for when Beautifly takes a big hit, and regular and Superior Energy Retrievals/Super Rods. That leaves about 4-6 slots to mess with if you build it this way, which would probably go towards the Supporters of your choice.

so there they are. Give me your opinions guys, and let me know if theres anything you would change =)

I would also like to throw a true unlimited deck in for discussion. I love, love, LOVE this idea and i really want to try it IRL. This one could be a killer i think.

Tolltaker Deck

4 Absol Prime (HSTR)

4 Ampharos Prime (HGSS)

1 Flaaffy (any set)

4 Mareep (any set)

3 Darkrai EX

Pokemon-16

8 Dark

4 Lightning

Energy-12

4 Frozen City

4 Ultra Ball

4 Swtich

4 Skyla

4 Rare Candy

1 Scoop Up Cyclone ACE SPEC

3 Colress

4 Junk Arm

2 Super Rod

2 Bianca

Get Frozen City in play along with 1 absol, 4 amphys and 1 Darkrai. start with absol active and wail away with vicious claw, then scoop cyclone it when its close to going down. Use Darkrai as your main attacker, but only use them one at a time and Junk arm the Cyclone to keep your opponent from taking prizes. with 4 amphys and absol, not only will your opponent take 20 damage for dropping a basic, they will take 60 damage every time they attach an energy. thats 80 damage before you even do anything. and combined with Darkrai's Night Spear nobody will pretty much ever beat you. EVER.

hey thanks for the idea's :) ill get right on them. It will take me some time to fully review them becaue i'm still experiencing some issues with the pvp. but other than that thank you verry much and i'll assimilate them as soon as possible ;)

well, it's not really that wacky and i guess its pretty well known, so even though it might be a great deck i don't think ill be posting it here as it is more or less a generic deck, still if people want it here i suppose i could put it up ;)...

One more request from me to all that read this, as you can see the front page is getting really long, so i suggesed (in the feedback and suggestion forum) a feature that would allow me to make it more organized and less of one giant mess... so if you guys and girls would be so kind to show some support for that idea it would be much appreciated and maybe it will become a reallity if enough people think it to be a good idea.

thanks in advance

Sincerely RD

Ivy_Profen

You could grab my updated ampharos deck "Electrohammer." Seems solid enough, and as always, tons of fun to play.

Also for the beedrill deck i suggested. Genesect is a terrible idea. It just not consistent. Its just better to run the original deck, and instead of catchers, add in 1 more super rod and either 2 escape ropes to help work around the active pokemon or add in a 1-1 cherrim line to add extra healing to the deck beyond the 4 max potions. Or just keep the catchers for a little more aggression, which is what beedrill is all about.

As for making this thread less a wall of text, its hard to say. The forum is so restricted without linking to outside sources,

code

, or any real form of control for this sort of compilation. Only real possibility is to use a different forum. But even then you couldn't link to it anyway. lol.

Edited by Ivy_Profen
You could grab my updated ampharos deck "Electrohammer." Seems solid enough, and as always, tons of fun to play.

Also for the beedrill deck i suggested. Genesect is a terrible idea. It just not consistent. Its just better to run the original deck, and instead of catchers, add in 1 more super rod and either 2 escape ropes to help work around the active pokemon or add in a 1-1 cherrim line to add extra healing to the deck beyond the 4 max potions. Or just keep the catchers for a little more aggression, which is what beedrill is all about.

As for making this thread less a wall of text, its hard to say. The forum is so restricted without linking to outside sources,

code

, or any real form of control for this sort of compilation. Only real possibility is to use a different forum. But even then you couldn't link to it anyway. lol.

Electro hammer huh? sounds intresting. is it similar to that ampharos - frozen city deck i posted?

About the beedril, i worked with it and threw in some garbodor (ability), i found garbodor very usefull at times... but i havent fully tested both variaties yet so ill post those ones as soon as my pvp issue gets resolved... (And i tested them enough that is)

anyways, have you got a link for that electro hammer thingy?

Kinda weird how the forums here are still so primitive, i just hope some mod sees my feedback so that that giant wall of text on the front page gets more readable for "new readers" and ofcourse everyone else aswell :)

8 pages on a thread for whacky decks and no mention of Staraptor or Nosepass? come on!!

i have been working on a staraptor - shiftree deck, but its not running efficiently just yet..

on nosepass, i wouldn't know where to use it honestly, have you got some amazing idea you're not telling me?

haha well anyways thanks for your input iguess XD