Need assistance chasing down an Ability cancelling bug

TPCi_Mathis

A number of players have reported that Abilities are not consistently being applied when their activation effects are triggered. The most common examples of this are:

• Knocking out a Pokemon with Lugia-EX's Plasma Gale attack does not result in drawing an extra card from the Overflow Ability.
  • Garbotoxin does not prevent the use of other Abilities while a Pokemon Tool is attached to Garbodor.
  • Attacks from Team Plasma Pokemon are not increased by 10 while Deoxys-EX is in play.

The Mods have escalated these reports to the Dev and QA teams, but those teams have been unable to reproduce the bug in either the live game client or the internal test versions. That's not to say it isn't happening; just that they can't find the sequence of events that's causing this bug to occur. As there are more of you than there are of them, they're hoping that the community can provide an explicit set of reproduction steps for this issue.

Due to the complexities of card interactions, the best way to communicate these repro steps is via video. If you've got the capability to capture video and have a deck that encounters this bug on a regular basis, please record your matches with that deck and send them to us via the Support Portal. With enough of these videos, the Dev team can identify a common cause and document repro steps.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I think I have an idea. I have not confirmed the following as once I thought I saw it as I was not paying attention to the issue but this is what I was going to verify.

Me – Darkrai Garbador

Opp – TDK

I had Garbador’s Ability active, it was on the bench. The Opp used the Tool Scrapper to remove the tool. I later added a Float Stone to the Garbador to Active the Ability again, it was the Active at the time, I then retreated to the bench using the Float stone. They then hit me for 150 with the Kyurems attack that did 120 Blizard Burn. They did have Deox EX on the bench.

So my proposed test if you have not run:

1. Garbador’s Ability Active
  2. Tool Scrapper
  3. Start Garbador’s Ability again

The only change to the above might be to activate when in the Active and then retreat.

My FYI if this combo has not been tried yet

That's a thought. Ideally, I'd prefer to have a video of the entire match in which the bug occurs. That way the Dev team can review each action individually. For example, we fixed a bug a while back where, while Darkrai-EX was in play, attaching a Darkness Energy to a Pokemon with no Energy attached and then undoing the attachment would remove the free retreat for ALL of you Pokemon in play. It took a really, really long time to get that one sorted out.

Easy for you to say .. its hard to recreate .. due to the random draw ... plus v cant record each match hoping somethign would happen .. can u make a way to export the game log perhaps ?

cant the devs set the card order and try it out more easily ?

• 3 weeks later...

Any thoughts of adding a method to download the move log, and adding too it things like cancel, or other activities. Could make reporting someone that is stalling easier too?

I've made the request to the programmers, but haven't heard back yet. At the very least, I'm hoping that if I can provide them with the screen names for both players and the approximate time that the match took place, they'll be able to dig out the full list of game actions and discover repro steps.

• 1 month later...

This happened to me last night in a Friend battle:

Opponent had Garbodor and also had Spiritomb. His Garbodor had a Float Stone (for the 2nd time, I Tool Scrapped first one). However I could not play my Ace Spec when I should have (because Spiritomb's Ability should have been invalid). So, I have done some research and it led me to this thread. I would love to help out with more information for the mods/developers...it's just too bad I can't access (view/save/copy, etc.) my Game Log Info anywhere once a battle is over...or even save/copy it right when the battle is over, before you push "OK" on the Stat/Game Log Info screen...:P (I have a post about this in Feedback and Suggestions for other reasons, now there is one more good reason). Anyways, long post short, I experienced this bug last night. Good luck fixing it! Thanks,

DD

Archived