Refresher Error Mac

Artelia

Hello everyone! I used to be able to run this game perfectly fine until one day in the middle of a NPC battle, the game crashed on me and I had to force quit it but I can't seem to open it anymore. Now, I've been getting the same issue over and over again. My refresher for Mac is not working and keeps showing "Error on update. Please reinstall the game" I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the game several times to no avail. Contacting support and sending tickets have not been helping either because I have not been receiving any replies that help solve the solution. Does anyone know how to fix this? I would be very grateful for the help!

Hi Artelia,

Below you will find a couple of popular tips to help get TCGO up and running.

1. Please attempt to open the download package and drag both the TCGO game executable and the refresher in to your "Applications Folder". Your computer may be trying to run the refresher program from the applications folder. After dragging it there, run the refresher and load TCGO.

2. From your home screen, click on "Go" and look for the "Library" folder. If you do not see it, hold the "ALT / OPTION" key and it should appear. In the Library folder go to the "Saved Application State" folder and find the folders associated with the Pokemon Trading Card Game Online (should be one for the refresher and one for the game itself), delete these files. Try launching the game.

If this does not help, please feel free to submit a question for customer support. Follow the link in my signature.

Thanks and good luck!

Hello everyone! I used to be able to run this game perfectly fine until one day in the middle of a NPC battle, the game crashed on me and I had to force quit it but I can't seem to open it anymore. Now, I've been getting the same issue over and over again. My refresher for Mac is not working and keeps showing "Error on update. Please reinstall the game" I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the game several times to no avail. Contacting support and sending tickets have not been helping either because I have not been receiving any replies that help solve the solution. Does anyone know how to fix this? I would be very grateful for the help!

I Have had this same issue, so Prof_Jube would I have to do the same thing? I am running a Pc, windows xp software. I was only able to get that to show up after I had the game download its files to my c/programfiles/ area.

Sorry DragonsVagabon, those are Mac fixes. But there are some things you can try.

1. Delete the current short cut created by the game.

2. Browse to the folder where you installed the game.

3. Create a new shortcut to the "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" file and place it on your desktop.

4. Run the file "Refresher" found in the install directory.

5. This should patch the game and ask you to launch the game.

If that doesn't work, go to your Pokemon Trading Card Game Online folder, right click on the file Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe and click on 'Run as administrator'.

If all else fails, the majority of issues are resolved by doing a full uninstall. Unfortunately, the game does not always remove the all of its associated files when it is uninstalled. Reinstalling the game while those files are still present can create a conflict within the program. This is a known issue and the development team is working on a fix for it.

Until the development team can put a fix in place, you can do a "full" uninstall by following the steps below:

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\your user name\AppData.
  3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4. Empty your Recycle Bin.

Download the file again using a different web browser, and reinstall.

Hi Artelia,

Below you will find a couple of popular tips to help get TCGO up and running.

1. Please attempt to open the download package and drag both the TCGO game executable and the refresher in to your "Applications Folder". Your computer may be trying to run the refresher program from the applications folder. After dragging it there, run the refresher and load TCGO.

2. From your home screen, click on "Go" and look for the "Library" folder. If you do not see it, hold the "ALT / OPTION" key and it should appear. In the Library folder go to the "Saved Application State" folder and find the folders associated with the Pokemon Trading Card Game Online (should be one for the refresher and one for the game itself), delete these files. Try launching the game.

If this does not help, please feel free to submit a question for customer support. Follow the link in my signature.

Thanks and good luck!

Had the same problem now, and IT WORKED! Thanks really much!

Archived