Once again...after update this game endlessly loops.

Kailyn625

This is the second time I was playing the game just fine the night before, then an update happens, then my game tries to patch, and loops infinitely, resulting in me never getting to play.

To be exact: I boot the game. It loads. It then switches to the refresher to patch. Refresher finishes patching, tells me press play to start. I click. It attempts to load the game, then switches back to refresher.

Last time this happened, I up and quit playing, because even tech support couldn't solve my issue. It was pure luck that it just happened to work for me last night.

Please include whether you're using the Mac or PC client and your operating system when you post threads like this. It makes it much easier for the Mod team and the community to provide suggestions for resolving the problem.

Hello trainers,

I just posted some possible solutions which you may find of use in another thread. I hope this helps! :)

This problem can usually be solved by locating your Pokémon TCG Online folder and launching the game from the Refresher .exe file.

If this does not solve your problem, I recommend doing a full uninstall of the game (directions located on the FAQ page), making sure to remove all traces of the game from your App Data, LocalLow, and Roaming folders. Then, install the latest version of the client from the website using a browser other than Google Chrome, which has been known to cause problems with the download.

When prompted, it may be helpful to place your Pokémon TCG Online folder under a different directory than the default recommendation and name it something other than the default name.

If you are still experiencing the same problem, please send a ticket in to the support team for further investigation. To submit a ticket, click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question". Please include as much relevant detail as possible, including a summary of your system specs (obtainable via the DxDiag program for Windows or System Profiler for Mac).

Good luck, and thanks for your patience!

Archived