Why have so many walls been put infront of the player

darkwolf44

As everyone playing the online pokemon tcg will note many walls are put infront of you from the low amoutn of tokens earned in pvp to in game bought packs and cards being untradeable packs giving you five cards instead of ten and seemingly all to "encourage" you to go buy real life cards not to say everything about the game is like that the trainer challange gives you a fair decent amount of packs and tokens but after that? it seems like your being screamed at to go buy real life decks tins packs ect for cards and I was wondering what everyone else thinks about that ?

• 2 weeks later...

Clearly that is the case, how anyone get tons of tokens if beyond me after all I ever get if quick wins in pvp, which equal no tokens most of the time,loss within 5 mins, people surrendering. I personally don;t count a win as a win unless I get a token so in a way if I win quickly I don;t see it as a win. win is a token or 3 so I can get a reward pack, deck etc

Tokens are a small player reward. Not a method to gain a large collection, redeeming codes from real life packs is needed for that. Having said that some players have earned multiple 1000 of tokens over the years.

You get 25, 26 or 28 tokens a day just for logging in and playing a PvP match, so it takes 5-6 weeks to get 1000 tokens, and about 10 minutes a day, give or take a few minutes depending on the match. By the time you include the trainer challenge per person offering up 1 token for using a different deck each match and 15 tokens and a booster pack for getting 30000 points, multiplied by 36 trainers gives another 796 tokens, assuming it takes 7 decks to get 30000 points (at a nice round 4-5000 points a match) So, by the end of the first month you have (or more likely, have spent) around 1500 tokens. That gets you at least 2 more decks and hence another 72 tokens, and then you get a third deck and another 36 tokens. And 45 + no. of theme decks worth of booster packs. So you have basic orange/red/blue/green, power relay, Rallying cry, 3 theme decks of your choice for 540 cards, and 540 cards from booster packs. And a lot of repeats...

You get 25, 26 or 28 tokens a day just for logging in and playing a PvP match, so it takes 5-6 weeks to get 1000 tokens, and about 10 minutes a day, give or take a few minutes depending on the match. By the time you include the trainer challenge per person offering up 1 token for using a different deck each match and 15 tokens and a booster pack for getting 30000 points, multiplied by 36 trainers gives another 796 tokens, assuming it takes 7 decks to get 30000 points (at a nice round 4-5000 points a match) So, by the end of the first month you have (or more likely, have spent) around 1500 tokens. That gets you at least 2 more decks and hence another 72 tokens, and then you get a third deck and another 36 tokens. And 45 + no. of theme decks worth of booster packs. So you have basic orange/red/blue/green, power relay, Rallying cry, 3 theme decks of your choice for 540 cards, and 540 cards from booster packs. And a lot of repeats...

awesome calculations, I love it

And inaccurate ones, I forgot to include the 5th day booster pack, so you need to add another week and a half, maybe two on to account for days gaining booster packs rather than 15 tokens. (the 10, 11 or 13 gained from the first PvP match still count) There is also in the Fun Zone linked above mini games which give a token or two, a Trainer Club Spin feature which has available profile items and tokens once a day, and also the pokemon TV bit where while watching episodes online tokens occasionally appear on-screen and you click them to get them. And those are just the methods I know about...

It stinks about that because you also only can earn 15 trainer tokens a week total till Saturday, so even if you do great and DO get 15 tokens each week, you still need to play hard for at least 7 weeks just for 5 cards: less than a card a week. It seems that you also have less luck on getting good pulls on them. I hope Prof Poplar reads the entire conversation.

It stinks about that because you also only can earn 15 trainer tokens a week total till Saturday, so even if you do great and DO get 15 tokens each week, you still need to play hard for at least 7 weeks just for 5 cards: less than a card a week. It seems that you also have less luck on getting good pulls on them. I hope Prof Poplar reads the entire conversation.

the 15 free tokens is awarded daily, not weekly.15 tokens per week limit applies to pokemon.com games.

the 15 free tokens is awarded daily, not weekly.15 tokens per week limit applies to pokemon.com games.

Sure it's 15 tokens per week for the Pokémon.com bits? I get that just watching two or three anime episodes and doing the trainer spin bit each day. And Micadee, the login bonus ingame is daily, except for every 5th day when you get a booster pack instead.

Sure it's 15 tokens per week for the Pokémon.com bits? I get that just watching two or three anime episodes and doing the trainer spin bit each day. And Micadee, the login bonus ingame is daily, except for every 5th day when you get a booster pack instead.

its 15 or some small number like that, maybe 25, but I was referring to Pokemon.com games. not sure if the anime episodes count into that

Unfortunately TV Pokemon zone not give tokens for all players!! I already watch 3 anime episodes and i already click the tokens who appeared on the screen but the number of tokens still remain the same when i login on the game!!

Yeah, it appears to stop after the 2nd or 3rd episodes, which I believe depends on how many tokens you click during each - I'm still working that out. First, ensure you are logged in to Pokémon.com, not just the Online trading card game bit, then the number of tokens you have is displayed in the top right corner of the page.

Lol a video to explain how to earn tokens with TV pokenon zone going to help for sure many users but this forum not allow you to upload videos!!

Archived