How is this game?

XNarutoFoxBoiiX

Hi,

I'm new to TCGO - I've only briefly toyed with it. I have a few questions.

Does the game see frequent updates? I have noticed a LARGE amount of bugs in the client.

Is there a large playerbase? Are there many adult players? Mostly friendly players?

Do people think Nintendo is trying to shift to the online format over physical? I'm prepared to spend money, I just need to know it's a worthwhile investment!

Thank you guys in advance!

P.S. My username was a joke between friends, I am not a raving Naruto fanboy and I never will be. :P

yea updates happen quite frequently, Big updates normally come on a monthly basis, and then there will be updates in that month to address the new bugs that come with that new update, so sometimes it can feel like taking 1 step forward 2 steps back.

playerbase would still be smaller than the player base that plays the physical card game.

most players tend to be friendly assuming that you play your part in being friendly

from my perspective the Pokemon company does have plans for the future with this online format but I think its still many years before anything comes of it. As a result the resources that they are putting into this sector probably isn't that large.

That. TCG:O has been in the works for at least 3 years now, and so far the Online game seems to be treated as a side add-on to the physical game. At a guess, I'd say I've encountered mostly adults in game, although the game itself feels rather child orientated. As do the forums come to think of it... (O/T - how did you two get the gaps between the lines? Most frustrating thing about the forums for me is I can't get that to work...)

I see. Do they run tournaments at all?

@CBRJGWRR, I just use the enter key and spaces come out fine. Try going into your "General Settings" menu at the top of the page, scroll down Miscellaneous Options and look at Message Editor Interface. Try seeing if the first selection, Enhanced Interface is selected. Hopefully that helps!

Tournament mode is expected to be releasing Q1 2014 but it was previously said to be Q4 2013 so more delays are possible.

Archived