Unavailable server????

moparfanatic

{{not sure if original post made it so reposting}} Since last update, we have not been able to log into the game.

My son tried logging in on the laptop.(win 7/64bit) After the update he signed in it then does the typical "Authenticates" and then attempts “retrieving collection..." it pops up with SERVER UNAVAILABLE...

I then tried logging in with my PC (win8/ 64bit) on the account I made to allow him to play... it did the update it got all the way to the screen where you choose if you want to access your cards, play a match, etc. , then suddenly popped to the SERVER UNAVAILABLE screen and haven't been able to log in since.

I have tried a complete uninstall and re-install with no progress. I then found in other similar post where you all are saying it is somehow related to a port setting in a router... I do not believe that could be so seeing my first attempt was almost successful… not to mention if it was a port issue I couldn’t be able to log in at all am I right? (not to mention for the past several months had no issue with the game as it was)

I will log a ticket if I must, but try telling a child he can’t play his game cause it needs fixing and you don’t know how long it could take… lol

UPDATE--- tried on an older pc in the house (win7pro/32bit) after the patch was successful i actually got into the game and collected/opened a reward booster pack. logged out then tried logging in with my sons account and sure enough SERVER UNAVAILABLE comes up after the retrieving collection screen.... gave up and tried again with my account and the dreaded SERVER UNAVAILABLE haunts me again...

Hi moparfanatic,

I'm sorry to hear that! It seems like you've tried all of the usual fixes (thanks for the diligence!), so I would recommend sending a ticket in to the support team so they can take a look into your accounts. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question". Please add any relevant details, including the fixes you've tried.

Good luck, and thanks for your patience!

Almost was able to get the game going... logged in sons account with the laptop hoping for a patch, was able to get to collect trainer tokens, but the dreaded server unavailable popped up once I attempted to redeem cards. and the cycle starts again...lol. Ticket requested... thanks for what support you can send. ;)

UPDATE #2 haven't received a confirmation email saying they have seen my e-mail about my issue.... logged into game and received another update supposedly released on the 10th (1.13.44:54) still getting the server unavailable.:(

Hi!

I have the same problem. I think it's because I am on a public server and I can't use a private server.

How can I resolve this problem?

Thanks

Miradora

PS : I live in France.

UPDATE #3 : There must be something going on between me and the servers (or the actual servers themselves) on a fluke tried logging in yesterday with the son's account on laptop (win7/64bit)and it worked... was able to redeem cards tokens and play a few matches. stayed on for nearly an hour. However. we logged off and tried logging back in and back to the Server unavailable... or (something new) in hangs up at authenticating.

I feel your pain, peeps! The is a known intermittent issue. After the last patch, I was also receiving the "Server Unavailable" message. Just logged in now with no issues.

All I can really recommend is go to your TCGO folder, run refresher.exe, then most importantly, reboot your computer.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this is resolved soon... my boy is getting a little frustrated. We play the actually card game, but I don't always have the time. :(

Same problem. Im new to this, and I play for my first time online last night for 3 hours. tried to get on today and got the servers unavailable message.

• 2 months later...

well it has been a while I guess I didn't submit the ticket right... A new patch did arrive while ago for the latest Pokemon release. Sadly still no change in the fact I keep getting SERVER UNAVAILABLE... Sometimes my son logs in (1 out of 10 attempts) and more than half the times as he attempts to redeem a code or tries to start a session it pop up with the dreaded "server unavailable"

Howdy,

There are two ports that must be opened for the game to work: 8181 and 6967. 6967 is the "gateway" port that the client connects to momentarily to get information on which connection servers are available and their IP addresses. 8181 is the port that client makes a dedicated connection to in order to play the game.

Please note that your security settings, anti-virus software or Windows Defender could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it from connecting to the internet. You may want to review the documentation for your security software to find the method for adding the game client to the software's "safe programs" list.

Hope it helps!

Archived